Edmonton Oilers (P2) vs LA Kings (P3) | LAK lead 1-0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Underdogoil

Jan 17, 2018
Your defence has one of the biggest divers in the league in Nurse and a lazy pylon in Bouchard. The only blueliner on the Oilers that fits that description is Desharnais, who has done absolutely nothing to prove that he belongs in the NHL.
Oilers record since they recalled Desharnais is 29-6-6, I'd say he belongs in the league

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilers in NS

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Korpisalo and Skinner have been basically a wash this year. Its hard to evaluate Edmonton's defence on the season as a whole because they've looked drastically better since Desharnais and Ekholm have joined the line up.
Lost in all this is no jp has drastically changed and made edm’s bottom 6 better also. Whatever line he was on dragged them down And now there is no worry of that. they have flourished also. It’s no longer just relying on McDavid and draisaitl. Edm is just a more complete team for the first time in many years. Probably since 06.

Reactions: McFlyingV

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I think people forget that the Edmonton market also contains more than just Edmonton as a City. All of the province of Sask (which admittedly isn't that big 1.2m people) is included.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I think people forget that the Edmonton market also contains more than just Edmonton as a City. All of the province of Sask (which admittedly isn't that big 1.2m people) is included.
Yeah, that’s false. It’s much heavier to Winnipeg than it is Edmonton

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
I don't think the Oilers are anything special, I think McDavid is. Way he is playing not sure any team lasts more than a few games in a series unless Skinner shits the bed or a lot of injuries happen
Ya they aren't anything special lol. Go look at how badly they outproduced every single teams "Big 4". 468 points. Look at the goals too. All they did was become a top 5 Es team, have the 2nd most Reg wins in the NHL under Boston, have good depth, have a history making PP, most Sh goals int he league, Skinner could win a Calder.

Not that impressive. They did all of this with Campbell shittin the bed 75% of the year lol.

Saying all of that, playoffs are a new slate. It's going to be tough.

I just laugh at people who keep parroting that "they cannot rely on the PP, Kings are a better ES team (OIL +24 Kings +9), etc" when it is false. Hell, Kings have the 2nd best PP next to EDM since Jan 1. Can we call them PP merchants ladies and gents? Or is that narrative only for Edmonton?

Underdogoil

Jan 17, 2018
Ya they aren't anything special lol. Go look at how badly they outproduced every single teams "Big 4". 468 points. Look at the goals too. All they did was become a top 5 Es team, have the 2nd most Reg wins in the NHL under Boston, have good depth, have a history making PP, most Sh goals int he league, Skinner could win a Calder.

Not that impressive. They did all of this with Campbell shittin the bed 75% of the year lol.

Saying all of that, playoffs are a new slate. It's going to be tough.

I just laugh at people who keep parroting that "they cannot rely on the PP, Kings are a better ES team (OIL +24 Kings +9), etc" when it is false. Hell, Kings have the 2nd best PP next to EDM since Jan 1. Can we call them PP merchants ladies and gents? Or is that narrative only for Edmonton?
You can tell who the Eastern fans are in this thread, they still regurgitate the same old narrative from 3 years ago

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
LA is being severely underestimated, and Edmonton lacks the leadership group to avoid this from becoming a problem. I'll pick the team that likes to play physical, defensive playoff style hockey over a team with 2 NHL defencemen and a gutless flopper wearing the C. Kings in 6.
Awesome! The Oilers outhit the Kings by a substantial margin. Only separated by 2 goals against with the Oilers improving significantly down the stretch. Soooo....you're picking the Oilers then.

Glad to have you on board! What size of Bouchard jersey should I send you?

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Yeah, that’s false. It’s much heavier to Winnipeg than it is Edmonton

I mean it's not false. Saskatchewan is considered regional territory of Calgary, Edmonton, and Winnipeg. I have seen the informatics that say the Jets are the most popular team, however as someone that has lived in this province my entire life, I see virtually no Jets stuff, have not had a coworker that's been a Jet's fan, so I don't know how much I can trust that single survey they did.

Personally I'd rank it fairly evenly split between Oilers, Flames, Jets, and Leafs/Habs. There's not many Canucks or Sens fans here.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I mean it's not false. Saskatchewan is considered regional territory of Calgary, Edmonton, and Winnipeg. I have seen the informatics that say the Jets are the most popular team, however as someone that has lived in this province my entire life, I see virtually no Jets stuff, have not had a coworker that's been a Jet's fan, so I don't know how much I can trust that single survey they did.

Personally I'd rank it fairly evenly split between Oilers, Flames, Jets, and Leafs/Habs. There's not many Canucks or Sens fans here.
Survey is far more reliable than your gut feeling

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Survey is far more reliable than your gut feeling

The survey lumped Sask and Manitoba together, so it's probably not accurate whatsoever when it comes to simply Saskatchewan. My gut feeling is probably more accurate within a few % points of what the survey is :P

For what it's worth I work in an office of about 100 people, and there's more Bruins, Islanders, and Capitals fans than Jets. I got nothing against Winnipeg (except those Bombers!), but I'm a skeptic.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah, Ekholm was the domino, Nurse being in the right role as well as Desharnais not having to overplay has made them a lot more stout from a raw D perspective, I think people are slow to catch up on the cascade effect there

Desharnais playing too much almost looks like MacDermid, just straight fish out of water, but in a limited role and the team in control, he's punishing and eats space near the net, which means the most noticable difference about the oilers defense is how much harder it is to get to their slot.
Definitely agree. I like Desharnais' game more MacDermid because he can make a decent breakout pass and has pretty good mobility for his size. Doesn't often get beat off the rush and seems to have a good understanding of D zone positioning. But I also definitely agree he gets over his head with too much responsibility. Unsurprising for a rookie D despite his age.

If anything I think Ceci has been the weak link this year, but his game is starting to round out now that he's more sheltered by Nurse playing better with a lesser role and Ekholm sheltering them. Bouchard's game is the biggest change I've noticed with the Ekholm acquisition from a cascade effect. His offensive game has obviously taken off but he seems to be playing much better defensively as well which was always his biggest weakness.

Oilers D isn't perfect, but I think the perception around the league of them is outdated. They're a good to great D group, albeit not a top end elite group.

RNH fights???:laugh:
Much better than you'd expect.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Lost in all this is no jp has drastically changed and made edm’s bottom 6 better also. Whatever line he was on dragged them down And now there is no worry of that. they have flourished also. It’s no longer just relying on McDavid and draisaitl. Edm is just a more complete team for the first time in many years. Probably since 06.
True. As much as I liked JP and hoped he'd figure it out there was just too much chaos in his game which was good for creating turnovers but he killed way too many ozone possessions and couldn't establish and maintain a cycle. The current bottom 6 creates chaos while being able to establish and maintain a cycle.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
True. As much as I liked JP and hoped he'd figure it out there was just too much chaos in his game which was good for creating turnovers but he killed way too many ozone possessions and couldn't establish and maintain a cycle. The current bottom 6 creates chaos while being able to establish and maintain a cycle.
Imagine if the Canes with the cup this year though. lol

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
One player lost their balance because the other pulled them down over a fulcrum. The pulling and the placement of the fulcrum were intentional.

Or yeah. Just the will of the Gods and poor Mikey had no role in it.

Re-read my post. It's pretty even-handed. I'm not attributing excessive malice to Anderson, while pointing out that he still acted recklessly. If that is deranged, then the internet is probably too much for you.

What’s it like in the land of make believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad