Edmonton Oilers defeat the Dallas Stars, 4-2, advance to SCF

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McPoyle

Start breaking bricks wet nips
Apr 3, 2019
Sol System
This was a great series. Well fought by the Stars. Oilers were lucky to win game 6, Skinner stood on his head and McDavid scored one of the nicest goals of his career. On to the final.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
This is a wild take, considering that goaltending was the last thing that cost the Canucks the second round series.

Oilers dominated them for multiple stretches throughout the entire series. When Vancouver had all the momentum after the Game 5 win, they got thumped in Game 6.

The better team won that series.
Hilarious thinking Demko was going to provide better goaltending. The other dude was playing out of his mind. Never seen a team get dominated for like 18/24 periods and come away thinking they were that close. Worse than the truthers making excuses for us being swept by Winnipeg

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Multiple injuries, Canucks were basically limping at that point. Boeser (playing with a broken finger) had to miss game 7 with a blood clot (which is now fine). Players playing through all the reported injuries and with their 3rd string goalie and still almost beating the Oilers in a tight 7 game series. The better team definitely didn’t win that series. If Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, Demko were fully healthy Canucks likely take it in 5 or 6.
Canucks weren't the only team that were banged up by a long shot. The entire Oiler team had to navigate rampant flu throughout their entire line up. Multiple players were not 100%, including McDavid. This is just getting silly.

The better team won the series.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I don't think any sane person picked LA over Edmonton this year lol.
In that series thread close to 200 posters (18%) voted that LA will be Oilers.

Edm vs Dallas about 30% voted for Oilers to get past the Stars...

Not the same but one could consider people who thought Oilers will beat the Stats insane.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Didn't see that coming at all. Sorry Stars.. you had an unbelievably brutal schedule and a tremendous team. Those last 2 days of the regular season really did you no favors in terms scheduling and opponents.

Still in shock. A poster pointed out that each round had a Flame's ghost (Rittich, Zadorov, Tanev) and now we have the final boss ... Matthew T! Going to be an amazing final and curious if we can get the cup back to Canada.
Vancouver made it a lot closer than Dallas

I see some laugh emojis but no reply. Sorry to interrupt Oilers stars back slapping witb awkward truths

Last edited:

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I mean, historical PP performance was probably the difference in this series. If Dallas had 3 goals off the PP, they might have won Game 1 and Game 6.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Congrats Oilers.

I was a little surprised, disappointed with Dallas. They seemed to lack the physicality they showed in earlier series.

Maybe they were too scared to put Edmonton on the pp. Problem is without the physicality Edmonton looked comfortable out there.

Reactions: Z-Diddy

landstuhltaylor

Feb 2, 2009
Didn't see that coming at all. Sorry Stars.. you had an unbelievably brutal schedule and a tremendous team. Those last 2 days of the regular season really did you no favors in terms scheduling and opponents.

Still in shock. A poster pointed out that each round had a Flame's ghost (Rittich, Zadorov, Tanev) and now we have the final boss ... Matthew T! Going to be an amazing final and curious if we can get the cup back to Canada.

You can probably make that list for a lot of teams. Englund, Zadorov, Duchene, Rodriguez for example.

Reactions: Czechboy

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Multiple injuries, Canucks were basically limping at that point. Boeser (playing with a broken finger) had to miss game 7 with a blood clot (which is now fine). Players playing through all the reported injuries and with their 3rd string goalie and still almost beating the Oilers in a tight 7 game series. The better team definitely didn’t win that series. If Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, Demko were fully healthy Canucks likely take it in 5 or 6.
Too bad excuses don't win games. I guess you can have an excuse party with your friends and talk for the next 5 years about how they might have won if everything went right. :)

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
This is why no one likes you guys. Holy shit this takes delusion to a new level lol. Maybe you guys and put it on a banner.
We were the most self loathing team for 8 years. And then we have a good start and instantly shouted down as frauds. So we don't give a F. You won't like is away.

Too bad excuses don't win games. I guess you can have an excuse party with your friends and talk for the next 5 years about how they might have won if everything went right. I hope you feel great about all the excuses:)
Ah yes. The core is locked up and we have 27 million in cap space. But hey , the next 5 years bruh

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
That's some insane copium right there

What's next? The Canucks are better than the Stanley Cup champs?
1717430740963.png

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Edmonton beats Dallas in a good battle with a lot of good storylines.

Canuck fans still chiming in with “What about us?!?”
90% of the league said loudly that Dallas will run over whoever won the Oilers Van series. So some crow has to be served here. Not only did the Oilers beat Dallas but they beat Dallas in less games than they beat Vancouver.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad