Proposal: Edmonton/Anaheim., Edmonton/Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
As a Ducks fan I would do that. Holloway plus 22 first is what I would be after if we traded Gibson and both pieces are included so well done.

Reactions: soothsayer

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Too early to trade Barrie, maybe in the off-season if Bouchard continues to play at the level he has.

Also it would be foolish to trade guys like Broberg and Holloway. With their impending cap issues they’re going to need elc players in the lineup
The idea was to get a final solution in net for the Mcdavid window. The moving of Barrie was the cap space needed next year for Puljujarvi. I know Holloway is a good prospect, but our room for that player is slowly disappearing. 5/6 spots are tied up long term or will be by next year. Another development is older players willing to play for entry level money in the new economic world. These two items made me comfortable with moving Holloway.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
I think Chiarot would be a good fit in Edmonton in the playoffs but i think u guys can get him for cheaper
I think he would be a nice pickup for our 3rd pair. We are in LTIR, so it needs to be dollar in dollar out, hence the Barrie offer.

I would have thought MTL fan would jump at adding Barrie with the way their PP has been. I missed on the value, but I still think there is something there.

Barrie

For

Chiarot and Lehkonen/2nd round pick

I want to clear the air on this trade offer in that I am not a Barrie hater, and I think he is good at what he does. The problem is no team has room for 2 of those type of players. We had to move Bear already to make room for Barrie and we have Broberg coming as well.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Maybe the Oilers could trade Benson and Yama and a conditional first for Gibson.

Anaheim would be idiots for not accepting this trade.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
I do not understand the Oilers fans obssesion to try to sell the farm for a has been.

I do not think that Gibson is the answer to the Oilers net issues, he would simply be another problem.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
The idea was to get a final solution in net for the Mcdavid window. The moving of Barrie was the cap space needed next year for Puljujarvi. I know Holloway is a good prospect, but our room for that player is slowly disappearing. 5/6 spots are tied up long term or will be by next year. Another development is older players willing to play for entry level money in the new economic world. These two items made me comfortable with moving Holloway.

I understand the thinking and agree with it to an extent, just think they should be a bit more patient. I like Holloway’s versatility, personally I think management sees him as a C but likely starts on the wing. He’s likely ready to go at 3C or as a middle 6 winger next season and if we can’t afford both Jesse and Yamamoto then we’re gonna need a player like him.

I’m all for Gibson but not convinced Anaheim wants to move him unless he’s asked for a trade. They look close to turning the corner, why trade your goalie who’s signed long term at a decent cap hit, only to have to turn around and look for another next year. Especially trading him to a strong division rival if you believed he was an elite goaltender. Unless you weren’t sold on him and thought you could fleece a rival for an overpay.

Most I would do is 1st + Yamamoto + mid tier prospect. Ducks fans probably turn their noses up at it but I don’t think Gibson is worth some of the valuations being tossed around.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Imo unless they totally implode they are keeping Gibson. Right now they look like they'd be competitive as early as next season. Maybe earlier

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Gotta love some oilers fans. We have been searching for right shot dmen for 10 years.
We finally have 3 good ones. Bouchard, Barrie, Ceci.
Let's trade them.
No kidding. Barrie is lights out on the powerplay, and a good option further down the lineup of Bouchard continues to develop. People see 5 good games from bouchard and wanna sell of the entire right side all of a sudden as if he will be immune to growing pains taking on a bigger role. We need all the defensive depth we can get. Once injury to the top 6 and we look weak all of a sudden.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Maybe the Oilers could trade Benson and Yama and a conditional first for Gibson.

Anaheim would be idiots for not accepting this trade.

If you think The Ducks would be idiots then why would you want Gibson so bad?

You can’t have it both ways. He can’t be the answer for you in net but be so bad that the Ducks would take a trash return.

Reactions: 405Entrance

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
If you think The Ducks would be idiots then why would you want Gibson so bad?

You can’t have it both ways. He can’t be the answer for you in net but be so bad that the Ducks would take a trash return.

i can have it both ways if I want.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
We don't know his floor or celling yet. These are just guesses. Everyone keep that in mind.

Holloway's strength is his play along the boards, at least to my eyes. I think he will play better at wing in the NHL than at center. Take that for what it's worth.
I live in High River. Have seen him play tons live. He won't be a big time scorer, but he'll help you all over the ice. 15 goal floor 25 ceiling is what I'd say. I really think the best comparable is Coleman for what I see him being. He's not as physical as Hyman, but he's a better skater.

Outside of top picks I think you'd be hard pressed to find a prospect more assured of a long NHL career.

Reactions: TFHockey

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I live in High River. Have seen him play tons live. He won't be a big time scorer, but he'll help you all over the ice. 15 goal floor 25 ceiling is what I'd say. I really think the best comparable is Coleman for what I see him being. He's not as physical as Hyman, but he's a better skater.

Outside of top picks I think you'd be hard pressed to find a prospect more assured of a long NHL career.

So is Holloway and two late firsts fair for Gibson? My only concern in this deal is giving up Holloway.

Reactions: TFHockey

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I doubt you would get a better prospect as the centerpiece for a goalie.

And he would probably come in as the Ducks 4th or 5th best prospect only behind the obvious guys and maybe Dostal.
Sounds like the 2nd line ceiling projection that someone gave me was wrong

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I don't think the Ducks have a ton of those types. They probably don't have a player like Holloway. Think Blake Coleman floor, ROR ceiling. Probably ends up closer to Coleman.
I honestly don’t know how good he is but was told a 2nd line ceiling which is completely different than a ror ceiling

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
I understand the thinking and agree with it to an extent, just think they should be a bit more patient. I like Holloway’s versatility, personally I think management sees him as a C but likely starts on the wing. He’s likely ready to go at 3C or as a middle 6 winger next season and if we can’t afford both Jesse and Yamamoto then we’re gonna need a player like him.

I’m all for Gibson but not convinced Anaheim wants to move him unless he’s asked for a trade. They look close to turning the corner, why trade your goalie who’s signed long term at a decent cap hit, only to have to turn around and look for another next year. Especially trading him to a strong division rival if you believed he was an elite goaltender. Unless you weren’t sold on him and thought you could fleece a rival for an overpay.

Most I would do is 1st + Yamamoto + mid tier prospect. Ducks fans probably turn their noses up at it but I don’t think Gibson is worth some of the valuations being tossed around.

If we could get it done for that I think this would have already been done. Yamamoto is in a tough spot as he is losing the race to next years caps space badly right now to Puljujarvi. We will be losing him no matter what so trading him now and keeping Holloway is definitely the better, but like you said would Anaheim move for less than a huge offer. I think the reason people like Stauffer are listing the price at pieces at 5 is the fact that Anaheim like Gibson, so the offer has to wow them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad