Proposal: Edmonton/Anaheim., Edmonton/Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Gotta love some oilers fans. We have been searching for right show dmen for 10 years.
We finally have 3 good ones. Bouchard, Barrie, Ceci.
Let's trade them.
Ceci is good? My guess is you'll be singing a different tune at the end of the season. Both Barrie and Bouchard have their strengths, but both certainly have weaknesses too.

OilersCoffeeArtBeer

Jun 7, 2021
Seattle
Ceci is good? My guess is you'll be singing a different tune at the end of the season. Both Barrie and Bouchard have their strengths, but both certainly have weaknesses too.
Ceci has been good so far.
I assume he will have his moments of suck.
Bouchard is already our second best dman behind nurse. Barrie is a good dman. He is offensive and he is fine in the defensive zone.
Depth wise
Bouchard
Barrie
Ceci

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Ducks have a ton of those types. As a Ducks fan I'd pass and rather go after one player with more potential than two lesser pieces.

I doubt you would get a better prospect as the centerpiece for a goalie.

And he would probably come in as the Ducks 4th or 5th best prospect only behind the obvious guys and maybe Dostal.

Reactions: Chayos

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Here is two deals that clean up some final issues for Edmonton and would be counted as push for the playoffs. I think I am good on value in the first deal as I have seen some proposals with less assets for Gibson, but I actually think this is what it would take for them to make the move

Deal one:

It is no secret that the oilers need a goalie and there have been whispers that the Ducks would consider moving Gibson. The ask will be huge and I am willing to pay it as an oiler fan.

To Anaheim;
Holloway
2022-1st Top 2 protected
Conditional 2nd 2023 that turns into a 1st if the Oilers win the cup in 2022 and Gibson plays in 16 games in the playoffs
Benson
Koskinen

To Edmonton:
Gibson

Summary: The Oilers pay the price to get their man. Anaheim comes out with a 1st, a top prospect, a b-prospect whoc might pop and a 2nd that may turn into anotehr 1st. Koskinen is filler for them until next years FA market. He will be a valuable member of the fight for Wright for the team.

To MTL:

Barrie

To Edmonton

Ben Chiarot
Ryan Poehling

Summary: The Oilers have a ready made solution to losing Barrie in Bouchard and can use the extra money saved to sign Puljujarvi next year as we need to make that a priority. Poehling can get a shot on our 4th line Chiarot can round out out bottom pairing with KK to really solidfy that third pair. The Canadians powerplay is horrid and Barrie is a top flight PP QB. Mtl has the depth to have him seeded in the third pairing which better suits his 5 vs 5 value. I think Edmonton might be getting hosed, but I still make this deal.

Final Edmonton roster

ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES
q2.svg
BONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$80,287,801$669,339$850,000$1,212,199
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Left WingCenterRight Wing
edmonton_oilers.svg

Hyman, Zach
$5,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 7
edmonton_oilers.svg

McDavid, Connor
$12,500,000
C
UFA - 5
edmonton_oilers.svg

Puljujärvi, Jesse
$1,175,000
RW
RFA - 1
edmonton_oilers.svg

Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan
$5,125,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 8
edmonton_oilers.svg

Draisaitl, Leon
$8,500,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 4
edmonton_oilers.svg

Yamamoto, Kailer
$1,175,000
RW, C
RFA - 1
edmonton_oilers.svg

Foegele, Warren
$2,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
edmonton_oilers.svg

Ryan, Derek
$1,250,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
edmonton_oilers.svg

Kassian, Zack
$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 3
montreal_canadiens.svg

Poehling, Ryan
$750,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
edmonton_oilers.svg

Shore, Devin
$850,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 2
edmonton_oilers.svg

Perlini, Brendan
$750,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
edmonton_oilers.svg

Nurse, Darnell
$5,600,000
LD
UFA - 1
montreal_canadiens.svg

Chiarot, Ben
$3,500,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 1
anaheim_ducks.svg

Gibson, John
$6,400,000
G
NTC
UFA - 6
edmonton_oilers.svg

Keith, Duncan
$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 2
edmonton_oilers.svg

Ceci, Cody
$3,250,000
RD
UFA - 4
edmonton_oilers.svg

Smith, Mike
$2,200,000
G
UFA - 2
edmonton_oilers.svg

Koekkoek, Slater
$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
edmonton_oilers.svg

Bouchard, Evan
$863,333
RD
RFA - 2
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
edmonton_oilers.svg

Sceviour, Colton
$750,000
RW
UFA - 1
edmonton_oilers.svg

Klefbom, Oscar
$4,167,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
edmonton_oilers.svg

Russell, Kris
$1,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
edmonton_oilers.svg

Archibald, Josh
$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
edmonton_oilers.svg

Turris, Kyle
$1,650,000
C
UFA - 1
edmonton_oilers.svg

Sta
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I don't like Barrie going to the Habs for so little. I think the Oilers get fleeced in that deal.

Gibson is similar to my previous thread offer, so I am okay with a 1st + Holloway + Koskinen

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I don't think the Ducks have a ton of those types. They probably don't have a player like Holloway. Think Blake Coleman floor, ROR ceiling. Probably ends up closer to Coleman.

We don't know his floor or celling yet. These are just guesses. Everyone keep that in mind.

Holloway's strength is his play along the boards, at least to my eyes. I think he will play better at wing in the NHL than at center. Take that for what it's worth.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
You don't have any of the top flight forwards, Barrie has played with throughout his career.
Having seen him, I support your trading for him.

We have goal scorers on three lines, and we need a LD who can skate and pass. And he would most likely play with Savard, a renowned stay-at-home d-man.
It would be a good match I think.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
This is a rare instance in which Ducks fans think Edmonton is overpaying for Gibson but Oiler fans are ok with paying that price.
I think it is a slight overpay for Gibson, so as a Ducks fan i take that deal and run.

At first i thought it was a package for Lindholm + Rakell and then realized it was for Gibson.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
How good is holloway? What does he project to?

he is so good i would say i would include any other prospect in the oilers system instead of Holloway. he is a relentless forechecker and fantastic goal scorer. his defensive awareness is top end. His Ceiling is a more aggresive marian hossa

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Holloway is a highly competitive, fast, physical, two way player with an endless motor. He has better hands and shot then you would expect, especially in comparison to his draft year. I feel he has high hockey iq. He has good vision. His floor is one of the best 3rd liners in the league and his ceiling is a 1c in the mould of o’reilly, Bergeron, koivu. I would project him to be an above average 2c.

for me he is untouchable. It would have to be an absurd deal, like 1 for 1 for byram or Gibson or kyrou.

100% holloway is the only oilers prospect id consider untouchable (maybe broberg) anyone else i would trade for an upgrade but Hollaway is way too good. ROR/Hossa are the comparibles.

For reference i have been watching him since he was 15

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
As a Habs fan, I like the deal for Barrie. I think we might have to add a bit to the proposal though.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
If Habs still suck at the deadline you can have Chiraot at 50% for 2 2nds or 2nd + B+ prospect.

Could be a boom bust prospect with potential or a high floor low ceiling kind of guy

Unless a bidding war occur like last year for Savard who got a late 1st. I can dream doesn't make it so though.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Gotta love some oilers fans. We have been searching for right shot dmen for 10 years.
We finally have 3 good ones. Bouchard, Barrie, Ceci.
Let's trade them.

Not just right handers but guys that can get the puck to the forwards and add to scoring.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Would swap Holloway for Broberg from an Oilers perspective. If Ducks insisted on Holloway, then I would remove the condition on the pick to make it a straight 2nd.

Would scrap the Barrie deal altogether.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
How good is holloway? What does he project to?

Holloway sucks. You would be better with Yamamoto instead of Holloway.

2022 first
Yamamoto
Koskinen
2023 Second / conditinoal first

For Gibson.

Is reasonable. That is 3 first rounders and Koskinen for a goalie. We are not talking a Vezina goalie. We are talking a top 10 goalie in the league.

If Anaheim wants more, I would trade a lesser package for a different goalie and see what the Oilers can get in free agency.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Barrie is a perfect fit in Edmonton and you want to trade him for scraps...
Now that we have a lot of good puck movers Barrie is a spare part. If we are adding a good goalie we'd have to clear cap. Barrie is talented, and worth his cap but maybe not on our team anymore. I like Barrie a lot though, and he's coming off maybe his best game as an Oiler.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Holloway sucks. You would be better with Yamamoto instead of Holloway.

2022 first
Yamamoto
Koskinen
2023 Second / conditinoal first

For Gibson.

Is reasonable. That is 3 first rounders and Koskinen for a goalie. We are not talking a Vezina goalie. We are talking a top 10 goalie in the league.

If Anaheim wants more, I would trade a lesser package for a different goalie and see what the Oilers can get in free agency.
Well its not really a matter of anaheims wants, as i imagine they want to keep gibson.

I dont think Yamamoto does much for us... An undersized winger who maybe tops off at 20 goals 40 points(and that might be generous) and what looks to be a really late 1st(specially if they have gibson there), and a filler goalie that is only in the trade to make the money work for gibson on oilers.

Not exactly an enticing package.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
I may have been light on the return to the oilers. Maybe add a 2nd pick coming to the oilers. My feeling is we need to make sure we have room for Puljujarvi next year and we also need a right side defensive type is that third pairing.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Well its not really a matter of anaheims wants, as i imagine they want to keep gibson.

I dont think Yamamoto does much for us... An undersized winger who maybe tops off at 20 goals 40 points(and that might be generous) and what looks to be a really late 1st(specially if they have gibson there), and a filler goalie that is only in the trade to make the money work for gibson on oilers.

Not exactly an enticing package.

Ok. We will look elsewhere. I wonder if Florida will give up Spencer Knight for a similar or lesser package?

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
This is a rare instance in which Ducks fans think Edmonton is overpaying for Gibson but Oiler fans are ok with paying that price.
I think it is a slight overpay for Gibson, so as a Ducks fan i take that deal and run.

At first i thought it was a package for Lindholm + Rakell and then realized it was for Gibson.
I think a lot of Oiler fans are realistic and know to actually get a player like that it would cost a lot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad