Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Zach Hyman signs with the Oilers (7 years, $5.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Great player - absolutely awful contract.

He's a good player with a great motor. More of a cycle guy though which makes me wonder if he'll do some heavy lifting in a line with Draisaitl instead of transition with McDavid.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Does bonus structure included imply that if Toronto had sign and traded, as Holland offered a 6th round pick for, that Toronto wouldn’t have been on the hook for the signing bonus?
Adding the 8th year turned in into a different contract altogether.

Reactions: Cotton

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Good player, terrible contract.

If they can win a cup in 3 years it'll be worth it. I think after that it could start to go downhill quickly but those are the risks you take with UFAs.

Reactions: bucks_oil

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
He will probably score 30 with McDavid for a couple seasons. Back end of the contract will be ugly though. I'd be most concerned for his injuries lately.

I grew to really appreciate Hyman, but it was definitely time to move on (especially with that cost and term.) Guy worked hard to get his money though.

Reactions: Fisticuffer

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
He should be a great fit for the lineup and exactly the kind of forward the Oilers need. Don't really care about the last 2 or 3 years of the deal at all. By then Nurse, Draisaitl, and McDavid could all be gone anyway.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
When you look at what Goodrow just got, this should not come as a surprise. Hyman is better. He can play on the top line, 2nd line or the 3rd line, makes every line better. If the rumour of Getzlaf to the Oilers has merit. He could be playing with either McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH or Getzlaf. Any one of these 4 will appreciate Hyman as their winger.

Reactions: CDN24

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Hyman should be a great fit in Edmonton next season, but he's 29, relies on speed and has a history of knee injuries. No way that deal doesn't age horribly.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Fir the first three to four years Hyman will really help the Oilers. Smart signing. When a team has a window for winning they need to try to support their stars with good talent.

Reactions: bucks_oil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad