Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Zach Hyman signs with the Oilers (7 years, $5.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He should be a great fit for the lineup and exactly the kind of forward the Oilers need. Don't really care about the last 2 or 3 years of the deal at all. By then Nurse, Draisaitl, and McDavid could all be gone anyway.
Or the last half will be on the LTIR

Or he could *gasp* be a useful player for most of the deal.

People make too much of the downside of the deal. What would have been his value on a 3 year deal? A lot more than 5.5 AAV

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
My god, it happened.

I'm guessing that if this doesn't work out, its going to lead to Hyman being LTIRd for the last half of the contract. But for the next few years, it should give the Oilers what they need.

edit: the two posts above me said the exact same thing.

I'll say this much: It may be a mistake, long term, but they have to roll the dice and get better now while they have two of the best players in the world in their prime. I think its far less risky than the deal they signed Lucic to 5 years ago.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Is every thread just a right out oilers bashing thread, doesn't matter what they do its wrong.everyone knows you have to over pay players to play in Canada yet every one still acts surprised when they do

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Is every thread just a right out oilers bashing thread, doesn't matter what they do its wrong.everyone knows you have to over pay players to play in Canada yet every one still acts surprised when they do
He wanted to stay in canada. What are you talking about.
Edit. Maybe they have bad gms

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
When you look at what Goodrow just got, this should not come as a surprise. Hyman is better. He can play on the top line, 2nd line or the 3rd line, makes every line better. If the rumour of Getzlaf to the Oilers has merit. He could be playing with either McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH or Getzlaf. Any one of these 4 will appreciate Hyman as their winger.
If he lands on the 3rd line this contract is bad starting in year 1. This is a contract given to top 6 forwards

Reactions: Homesick

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Or the last half will be on the LTIR

Or he could *gasp* be a useful player for most of the deal.

People make too much of the downside of the deal. What would have been his value on a 3 year deal? A lot more than 5.5 AAV
I think he is the perfect winger for McDavid, a guy that goes to the net and he will be in front of the net on the best powerplay in the league. I think he is the perfect fit. I am fine with the deal. The Oilers will have a lot more to worry about 3 or 4 years down the road then this contract.

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
We started this offseason as a clear playoff team and only have upgraded.

Aside from Larsson of course but the offseason ain't over

The D is noticably weaker - but the forwards should be much better.

Keith in for Larsson is a big L
Ceci for Bear (seems likely he gets traded) is also an L.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
He wanted to stay in canada. What are you talking about.
Edit. Maybe they have bad gms
And he was also offered 7m a season and turned it down to play in Edmonton but your right Edmonton is the one who signed him to a bad contract

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If he lands on the 3rd line this contract is bad starting in year 1. This is a contract given to top 6 forwards
When Hyman was on the Leafs third line, that line shredded the opposition. After years of every non-McDrai line getting skewered, us Oiler fans would take that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad