Proposal: Edm-wpg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Trouba > Nurse + 2nd
1st > Ebele (too the Jets, can't afford the 6m caphit)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don't see Winnipeg needing another winger, Wheeler/Ehlers looks pretty good longterm top6 Rw duo.

BeastMode97

Jan 4, 2015
Trouba > Nurse + 2nd
1st > Ebele (too the Jets, can't afford the 6m caphit)

Learn the proper usage of the ">" symbol. Don't kid yourself, outside of the top 5 picks, teams dream of drafting an Everle type player with their 1st round pick. Not making any comparisons, but does saying a 1st > Crosby because of his cap hit?

The value is there, but I don't think the Oilers would want to give up their only established top 6 RW, and Nurse who still has tons of potential for Trouba and a pick.

Readytostart

Feb 19, 2016
Wow. I guess the precedent for terrible trades was set by Chiarelli after the Hall trade, but this is a gross overpayment. I like Trouba, but c'mon, man.....

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
Did you guys forget what you had to give up to get Larsson?

I'd maybe do trouba for Draisatl

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Did you guys forget what you had to give up to get Larsson?

I'd maybe do trouba for Draisatl

Larsson at $4M for the next 5 years > Trouba and whatever bloated contract he gets plus one trade has nothing to do with another because of the market, team needs/desperation, contract situation etc. See Hamilton trade for reference.

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
Larsson at $4M for the next 5 years > Trouba and whatever bloated contract he gets plus one trade has nothing to do with another. See Hamilton trade for reference.

Hamilton was because Boston didn't have the cap space to sign him so they had literally no leverage. Edmonton has no trade leverage against anyone because everyone on the other side of the trade knows how desperate Edmonton is and how they can't keep going with the same team they had. GMs aren't dying to bail out that dumpster fire. That's why you trade a top 3 winger for Larsson

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Hamilton was because Boston didn't have the cap space to sign him so they had literally no leverage. Edmonton has no trade leverage against anyone because everyone on the other side of the trade knows how desperate Edmonton is and how they can't keep going with the same team they had. GMs aren't dying to bail out that dumpster fire. That's why you trade a top 3 winger for Larsson

The Oilers have Larsson in the fold now so they aren't nearly as desperate as they were before so you're really reaching here. Plus, just like Boston, the Jets are in a contract dispute with their pending RFA so the Jets are the ones who either have to pay him or consider dealing him. I don't see a team out there right now that HAS TO have Trouba. The Oilers aren't dealing Draisaitl for Trouba anytime soon lol.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Boston had the cap space so thats a flat out lie. He didn't fit Neely's idea of a Bruin(just like Seguin)
The Oilers traded a top 30 forward for a top 15 RHD see how that works

UnicornONtheCOBB

Jun 29, 2016
the lack of respect Eberle gets is crazy. Most 1st round picks do not turn into 30 goal scorers. But most people on here feel they are much more valuable than a sure thing, first line RW. Awesome.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
unknown 1st > 65P+ scorer with term

lord help me

the lack of respect Eberle gets is crazy. Most 1st round picks do not turn into 30 goal scorers. But most people on here feel they are much more valuable than a sure thing, first line RW. Awesome.

He hit 65 points once, never over... same with the 30 goal thing (once 5 years ago). Last year was a whopping 47 points.

That said, for a guy that Oilers fans claim to think is great, he appears in most of their trade proposals, no matter how many times people say they aren't interested. Not everyone wants a 6M one dimensional forward.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He hit 65 points once, never over... same with the 30 goal thing (once 5 years ago). Last year was a whopping 47 points.

That said, for a guy that Oilers fans claim to think is great, he appears in most of their trade proposals, no matter how many times people say they aren't interested. Not everyone wants a 6M one dimensional forward.

He has a season with 76 points? :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad