Confirmed Trade: [EDM/VAN] Vasily Podkolzin for OTT '25 4th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
There is that team mouthpieces immediately declared that Kane's 5.13 AAV would be going on LTIR after the offersheets were announced.

Plus for years we've heard about how the Oilers management loves everything about Broberg's game. Trading an 8th overall pick for a 2nd rounder is monstrously bad no matter what the cap issue is
What about a 10th overall pick for a 4th rounder? :P

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Is there a reason to think they're going to match the Broberg offer?
Not necessarily. But I’ve been under the impression the Oilers would keep one but not both. My guess is there have been a lot of internal discussions about which one has the higher ceiling. Yes Broberg’s salary is high but they’re not tied up with it for 5 or 6 years. They can see how he plays for the next two years.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Unless you're Vancouver, because then a 4th for a former 10th is great :laugh:
I guess so, except in Broberg's case his value has only went up and up so far and he's at the perfect age for a defenseman to start to show what they are.

At 23 Podkolzin is behind schedule, as forwards show their value earlier

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
If he was going to be put on waivers anyways, who cares? He wasn’t making Vancouver’s roster opening night. I’m not sure he makes Edmonton’s roster.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
There is that team mouthpieces immediately declared that Kane's 5.13 AAV would be going on LTIR after the offersheets were announced.

Plus for years we've heard about how the Oilers management loves everything about Broberg's game. Trading an 8th overall pick for a 2nd rounder is monstrously bad no matter what the cap issue is
We just traded a 4th for a 10th overall pick.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
no-darth-vader.gif

Kent Hughes when he learns he missed out on a 2019 1st round pick.
My guess is they were never interested. Podkolzin is a SKA product, so they would have all kinds of info going back to his teenage years with Bobrov and his dad's ties to that team. If they really wanted him, they had the draft pick capital with all their 2025 picks to get him.

who's vlad?
Pretty sure he meant Podkolzin.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
He's only making a million bucks. I don't think this changes what Edm does with Dylan. I think it just guarantee Kane starts the season on LTIR

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
He requires waivers this year and with his pedigree and at least being a strong defensive checking winger, it's highly likely some team will take a chance on him, if nothing else than to just hit the cap floor like the Flames.

He requires waivers this year and with his pedigree and at least being a strong defensive checking winger, it's highly likely some team will take a chance on him, if nothing else than to just hit the cap floor like the Flames.

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
I agree. Match Broberg-Holloway is a pass-Kane on litr- you are within a million - somebody gets waived at the million level

Option to match Holloway and trade? I think they could get a 2nd plus a prospect. Can you accept and trade?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad