Confirmed with Link: [EDM/SJS] Cody Ceci & EDM 3rd '25 <--> Ty Emberson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Exhibit A: Evan Bouchard

Broberg could not grab a job even though he was gifted one. His inability to do that led to the need for both Kulak and Ekholm.

It’s only now that he shown progress.
1st exibit is Bouch. They jerked him around too and he sat in the press box eating popcorn instead of putting up minutes in Bako. Jesse got ruined too. Oilers have been shit developing players for over a decade. Everyone blames the drafting. Sure that doesn't help but I'm sure one of our useless coaches probably could have ruined Makar if given the chance. Coaches were playing for their jobs not developing our talent.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018

i was just reading through this.. it just sounds too good to be true. 2nd best defensive metrics in the league behind only Doughty.

I’m not getting too excited about this guy, let’s see him play a bit. But he’s only 24, basically Brobergs age.

Hope he’s good enough to play 50 games and then we have him as RFA.

I do have a good feeling about this guy but I need to see him play. I guarantee Parkatti had a hand in this, as well as Knoblauch. He’s a good bet.
Question will he be healthy enough to play 50 games. He had missed some time on one of the ahl seasons a few years ago, andnthe reason he only played 30 games last year was cuz he had 3 different injuries including too injured reserve list stints. He wasnt a healthy scratch. He was a regular when healthy but kept getting injured.

North

Jun 25, 2009
1st exibit is Bouch. They jerked him around too and he sat in the press box eating popcorn instead of putting up minutes in Bako. Jesse got ruined too. Oilers have been shit developing players for over a decade. Everyone blames the drafting. Sure that doesn't help but I'm sure one of our useless coaches probably could have ruined Makar if given the chance. Coaches were playing for their jobs not developing our talent.
Actually Holland gave Bouchard the choice to either sit in the press box or play in the AHL. Bouchard chose to sit in the press box.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I'm very disappointed that Ceci is gone. He is a good defenceman, and often had the uneasy task of being Nurse's partner (and we know how bad everyone else looks in that role). He is a solid and good NHL-er, and it seemed like he was very popular with teammates. Hell, he even scored more goals than most forwards (incl. McDavid) in the Vancouver series.

He will be missed.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Ceci was a frustrating player at times but he did his best.

I’ll look forward to seeing who the next scapegoat that has to play beside the anchor that is Darnell Nurse is.
Ceci wasn't a scapegoat, he was not very good, he had poor results all in his own. Nurse is a bigger problem for different reasons. They can both be a problem

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
I'm very disappointed that Ceci is gone. He is a good defenceman, and often had the uneasy task of being Nurse's partner (and we know how bad everyone else looks in that role). He is a solid and good NHL-er, and it seemed like he was very popular with teammates. Hell, he even scored more goals than most forwards (incl. McDavid) in the Vancouver series.

He will be missed.
I liked ceci, but he didn’t mesh well with the 9m dollar man.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I liked ceci, but he didn’t mesh well with the 9m dollar man.

Yeah we needed Ceci to be a 3rd pairing guy, but at his price point, after we made the UFA signings in July, he was always going to get traded. The problem is that the guy we wanted for the 2nd pairing right side (Broberg) is also now gone. So instead of Ceci playing above his head, we have TWO RHS D playing above their head.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Here's to hoping that Emberson separates himself from Stetcher and Brown who should be 3rd pairing/PB guys. I like what I've read about him but playing with Nurse is an entirely different story.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Here's to hoping that Emberson separates himself from Stetcher and Brown who should be 3rd pairing/PB guys. I like what I've read about him but playing with Nurse is an entirely different story.
I know we all love to hate on Nurse, and he had an awful playoffs and is wildly overpaid at $9m. But let’s not act like he isn’t a pretty damn consistent 22+ minute a night dman capable of putting up 30-40 points with no PP time while often being a significant plus player.

I think we’ll be fine trying this Emberson kid or Stetcher out there for awhile.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I know we all love to hate on Nurse, and he had an awful playoffs and is wildly overpaid at $9m. But let’s not act like he isn’t a pretty damn consistent 22+ minute a night dman capable of putting up 30-40 points with no PP time while often being a significant plus player.

I think we’ll be fine trying this Emberson kid or Stetcher out there for awhile.
Yeah, the Nurse talk is so hyperbolical. Like sure, if you don't think he's a top pairing guy, fine. But he's obviously a good second pairing defenceman who helps you during the regular season, at minimum. His numbers are great, outside of a really tough stretch in the second half of last season.

I'm really rooting for him to bounce back, he's only 29, I think he has a couple of great years in him.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Let's not act like Nurse's play hasn't gone downhill since signing his retirement contract. If he played to even 80% of his contract who his D partner is wouldn't be much of an issue on the clear cut 2nd pairing.

Reactions: AM

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
But he could be retained by sj at the deadline?
Yes he could be retained. The whole issue with not being able to trade for Bjugsatd again is because you can’t get retention on the same player twice for a calendar year. They could technically trade back for a retained Ceci today if they really wanted to.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
I'm not a fan shipping the goods guys out especially the ones that wants to be here

This is a results driven business. If there is one thing I'm happy about it seems like this regime is a whole lot more focused on winning than who hangs out with who at their respective cabin.

I liked that per the interview Jackson called him to tell him straight up you've been traded. Not "hey Leon is this ok?" the country club atmosphere needs to end and hopefully they can eventually figure out a way to move nurse.

Ceci and nurse were the two biggest problems all playoffs. Things got so bad a 10 year veteran like ceci had to be healthy scratched at the most important junction of the playoffs.

They needed to absolutely improve those. I suspect they have been working on that all month and emberson will have much better 5v5 numbers than ceci and at a lower cap hit. He's going from one of the worst teams to one of the best. Exactly what this team needs so they are not a tire fire in their own end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad