Proposal: (EDM) Nail Yakupov for (TOR) Connor Brown

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Yakupov is a more proven player and has a lot of skill. I would love to get him but I want to keep developing brown and see what we got in him. The leafs already have a crowded roster woth many young guys going back to the ahl. The Oilers probably won't want to trade yak unless they get a dmen back. While the trade isn't bad, I think brown will be a stud and am not sure how good yak would do Babs system. I would pass on the deal as a leaf fan.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Oilers would prefer a different type of player than Brown IMO. Komarov for Yak? Oilers could add a pick/prospect.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Oilers would prefer a different type of player than Brown IMO. Komarov for Yak? Oilers could add a pick/prospect.

Leafs laugh at the thought of Komarov for Yak

I actually don't hate that idea as a leaf fan. If you're acquiring Yakupov, its taking a flyer that he figures it out and hits his huge ceiling not because you want him to play 3rd line....we probably end up with too many 3rd liners out of the system anyway, so we're likely to have an excess.

Komarov is a great character guy who does lots of things well, but guys like him are not that hard to come by

The JVR trade worked out well, it was not wholly unlike this

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Brown is a high end prospect. It wouldn't be worth trading him.

He's done nothing but preform at every single level. He's a hometown guy and extremely likeable. When he got called up to the NHL last season, he scored lots of points. And he's cheaper.

Trading him would be a big mistake.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Proposal. Nail Yakupov for Connor Brown.
Would either team do it, is the value fair?

Its an interesting proposal.

1 player has a ton of natural talent yet very low hockey IQ and the other has limited talent but endless drive to improve. In my mind im taking the prospect that is trending up rather then down.

Leafs also are no longer in the business of gambling. If we are trading brown its for an upgrade on defence.

Datsyukiam13

Jul 21, 2016
I'd take Yak any day, he's better than he shows, he needs a change of scenery for sure. He's a proven player to crack roster spots, brown hasn't yet. Age has a factor but still.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Brown is a good prospect. I think you could get Yak for a 2nd and a lesser piece at this point, if the Leafs even wanted him.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
I would do that in a heart beat. I don't think Connor brown will be anything more than a career ahler

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Brown is a good prospect. I think you could get Yak for a 2nd and a lesser piece at this point, if the Leafs even wanted him.

EDM doesn't want draft picks. Warm body coming back is a necessary condition as the piece.

ScJeff

Jun 15, 2010
Yak has problems, but he's always performed as a low end 1st line/high end 2nd line player. Komarov for Yakupov, and Edmonton adds? Laughable.

Taking his career bests..... 17 goals, 33 points. Thats a high end 2nd line player or low end 1st line player????

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Oilers say no, they are trying to move away from small skilled players with sub par defensive play.

I understand Leafs fans might think highly of him because he had a decent few games with the big club but I'd say that he is more then likely to end up as a career fringe NHL/AHL player. Every team in the league has players like Brown in their system.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
The simple answer is that if the Oilers wanted to give away Yakupov, they would have already.

uh, except trading him for a solid prospect in Connor Brown isn't giving him away.

I don't expect Oiler fans to have watched the marlies, at all. But at least educate yourself and read up on a prospect before flapping your lips.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad