Proposal: Edm / Mtl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
See you can't even have knowledgable trade talk with Oil fans. Can see how that team is wrecking McDavid and Leon after speaking with their fans

That's wasn't the trade offer! Offered to free up 5 million in caproom for Oil. By taking on Koskinen and Smith. Allen 50% retained, 1.4 million is easily retradable next summer. For a first pick.
You can't have trade talk because you throw out insults as soon as someone disagrees with you.

Reactions: TFHockey

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Savard got a 1st and a 3rd last year... Chiarot is a much betetr dman, no reason to get anythign less than what Savard actually got.
Ugh, I've explained this already.

Last year, Savard was literally the only top 4 defenseman on the market, and he had double retention to get the 1st. It isn't easy to get double retention, but if you can get it, it will increase the return. Double retention isn't figured into any of these deals. Neither is considering the glut of defensemen who will be available at the deadline last year. Savard was literally ranked #1 on the trade board after Nashville re-signed Ekholm (making Savard the best defenseman option by a mile). The next best option on the market was like, Kulikov or someone like that. Market pressures sent the price for Savard sky high.

Is it possible for Chairot to get that first? I guess if one GM REALLY wants him badly and pays through the nose, sure, but its far more likely that teams are looking to overpay for centres or goalies due to lack of market availability than defensemen.

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Edmonton needs to figure out a solution in net before they should be looking to stock up for a playoff run.

Ding ding.

They’ve had an 0.875 save percentage from their goaltenders since December 2nd when they began to fall off a cliff. Hard to win any games when you’re getting shit goaltending like that. They need to fire Tippett as well.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Barrie led all defensemen in points last year. Offensively he is light years better than Wideman.

Put Wideman with McDavid and Draisatl and he'll do the same, for a fraction of the price
Hell, I can barely skate and and I'd probably do like 10 points too

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Put Wideman with McDavid and Draisatl and he'll do the same, for a fraction of the price
Hell, I can barely skate and and I'd probably do like 10 points too
No he wouldn't. Wideman is a sub NHL defenseman. The good parts of his game are not as good as Barrie's and the bad parts of his game are worse. We had Wideman before. He was the worst we ever had. He can't do in the AHL or KHL what Barrie does in the NHL.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Your team pays Darnell Nurse 9.25M

:huh:
Nurse has nothing to do with this. We were talking about two players. Wideman and Barrie. Wideman makes nesr league minimum because he is lucky to be in the NHL. Barrie makes 4.5M because he just finished leading the league in points for defensemen.

And no we don't pay Nurse that much. We will next year. But that's a different discussion.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Edm: Taffoli and Chariot
Mtl: Xavier Bourgault and Raphael Lavoie or Holloway and 2021 1st

Mtl gets quality prospects and Edm gets two experienced players for their playoff run. If salary is an issue then Barrie could be worked out in the deal or salary held back from Mtl.
What playoff run?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
You can't have trade talk because you throw out insults as soon as someone disagrees with you.
Yup watched Oil game last night. With all the turmoil in Leon interview I wanted to watch Oil. You got good team, came out flying. Switch goalies Oil Cup contender, with west wide open. Could tell as Cats good team. K should of had Barkov goals, especially 2nd one, could see Oil bench sag after that.

But you waited too late to address netminding. Wasting prime year of McDavid. That mistake likely going to cost you a playoff spot, Oil be buried in standings by trade deadline. Dealing for a rental goalie likely not answer. As just have to trade again in summer for one. Other team likely going to want to bend you over barrel for even a rental goalie.

McLeod maybe interesting. Never heard of him before. That's one of the benefits of watching a team I never watch. McLeod could be a player we take instead of a 3rd round pick. If you want to move a K contract at deadline? McLeod has speed, decent size, 30-40 point hands. Looks like bottom 6 center with some upside. Faceoffs generally improve after few years in NHL.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
It's the same every year with the Oil. Shitty goaltending and suspect or shitty defense. Nude is paid like a Norris contender yet he has nights like last night where he's back in year 1 mode doing dumb crap. I don't care who you have behind the bench and how good McDavid and Dri are with the backend and tending that collapses yearly there not going deep.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Edm: Taffoli and Chariot
Mtl: Xavier Bourgault and Raphael Lavoie or Holloway and 2021 1st

Mtl gets quality prospects and Edm gets two experienced players for their playoff run. If salary is an issue then Barrie could be worked out in the deal or salary held back from Mtl.
Doubtful they trade Holloway or 1st rd pick . They would also need to dump salary if they were getting Chiarot, Toffoli in a trade .
Montreal can only retain salary on three players 15% of the cap its doubtful they would use that option on either of these players .
Chiarot will likely be traded but it wouldn't be surprising if Montreal decide not to trade Toffoli.

Last edited:

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Don’t worry. Holland says the answer is in the room. Lol.
GM will say that when he didn't have a clue of what is ailing his team. Marc Bergevin said something along the same line at certain point when the Habs was not doing well.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Can we merge both teams for a few years until they have enough good players and cap space for two? Share the home games like the failed Expo / Rays merger? Mtl get to rub up to Gretzky / mc David vibes and Edm get Price in net for a few years? Nothing else to offer… Suzuki as defensive center could be good... Powerhorse Anderson could be usefull… Not much in it for edm…

sorry, posting a bit stoned.

a first for Chiarot?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
This is patently false
No it isn't. Each of the two players being discussed are being paid what they have earned. One is being paid 4.5M, having led the league in points in his position last year. The other is making under a million, and likely will be out of the NHL again next year as he isn't exactly doing anything of note to earn a new contract.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
It's the same every year with the Oil. Shitty goaltending and suspect or shitty defense. Nude is paid like a Norris contender yet he has nights like last night where he's back in year 1 mode doing dumb crap. I don't care who you have behind the bench and how good McDavid and Dri are with the backend and tending that collapses yearly there not going deep.
I don't know who you are referring to, but if it is Nurse, then you are on glue. Nurse was about the only Oiler who has looked great consistently over the past 10 games. Last night he was good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad