Proposal: Edm / Mtl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
yeah, that's a pass from us. Bad teams shouldn't trade for rentals, for one, and we have about six cents of cap space. Asking for two A assets and a B asset for stuff we don't need is bold though.

Imagine Holland getting fired and the new GM coming in saying "Not much I can do these next few years given how there aren't many quality prospects on ELCs. Sorry playoffs will take a few years. Hope Drai and McDavid can wait!"

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
yeah, that's a pass from us. Bad teams shouldn't trade for rentals, for one, and we have about six cents of cap space. Asking for two A assets and a B asset FOR STUFF WE DON'T NEED is bold though.
The funniest reply yet. :popcorn: in bold.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
That really isn't the case. What deals are you talking about? The one where Habs fans insisted Oiler fans should pay top dollar for Cary Price?
Every trade mentioned? Don't know why Oiler fans are so cheap? It is very bewildering? As West is wide open. Then they are creating dissension with their star players.

Price on other hand is only goalie who would secure a trip to Finals. But Price is non tradeable at time. Habs get him back on ice first. I think over the summer or next trade deadline. I mean 2023 not 2022.

Oiler should look at a package. A defenseman as their blueline looks shaky at times. A secondary scorer up front and depth in net.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
This is a brutal trade proposal for the Oilers. You're asking for effectively three firsts and a B prospect for Toffoli and Chairot. That is a ridiculous offer.
It's unlikely Montreal trade either player to Edmonton .

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Poorly thought out proposal IMO. Doesn’t fit cap wise and doesn’t address EDM needs. If EDM is gonna sell the farm they need to move Kos and Keith IMO. If they can get and extend MAF for two years after this is what I would be looking to do. Chicago desperately needs a first as they sold the farm to get Jones. Nobody will likely give them a first for him even if they retain.

As for what to do with Keith. If he can be moved ideally you throw the remaining picks at Zona and try to scoop up Chychrun.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'm not interested in Chairot based on his valuation in these boards. I would have interest in Toffoli. Hockey trade, Toffoli for Barrie as a starting point. I know Habs fans will be offended at that, but Barrie is a good fit for Montreal. They need someone with his puck moving ability on the blueline desperately.

I'm also not sold on the Habs doing a scorched earth rebuild the way that fans are expecting. If they are wanting a fast turnaround on their retool, their GM won't just he targeting prospects in trade.

OnanTheBarbarian

May 20, 2018
Horrendous. Take all of our blue chip prospects for a lot of salary tied up meh players? I would rather not sell all our futures to try in vain to fix this flawed roster just enough to get us into the playoffs. Stupid asset management.

OnanTheBarbarian

May 20, 2018
It hard to make deal with Oilers. I think they want to miss playoffs.

Toffoli going to fetch 2 top young assets. According to the experts. Friedman said three teams in on Chiarot. Compared it Savard trade. In which Tampa gave up a first, second and fourth. Chiarot return be similar.
Tampa was also a real contender, Edmonton is not, so if some team like Tampa wants to pay a premium for a rental, Godspeed, but Edmonton is more than one top 4 D-man away from true contention.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

QCNords

Oct 19, 2017
I'm not interested in Chairot based on his valuation in these boards. I would have interest in Toffoli. Hockey trade, Toffoli for Barrie as a starting point. I know Habs fans will be offended at that, but Barrie is a good fit for Montreal. They need someone with his puck moving ability on the blueline desperately.

I'm also not sold on the Habs doing a scorched earth rebuild the way that fans are expecting. If they are wanting a fast turnaround on their retool, their GM won't just he targeting prospects in trade.

I wouldnt mind taking Barrie to replace Petry. However, i think Toffoli has a bit more value then Barrie. Could see the Habs taking Barrie after we deal Petry.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Every trade mentioned? Don't know why Oiler fans are so cheap? It is very bewildering? As West is wide open. Then they are creating dissension with their star players.

Price on other hand is only goalie who would secure a trip to Finals. But Price is non tradeable at time. Habs get him back on ice first. I think over the summer or next trade deadline. I mean 2023 not 2022.

Oiler should look at a package. A defenseman as their blueline looks shaky at times. A secondary scorer up front and depth in net.

Edmonton does need a defenseman, a goalie, and some help with scoring. We are capped out though, and we aren't a lock for the playoffs, so it won't be in the form of rentals like Chairot. I have time for Toffoli though, even if our more pressing need should be 3C (as Nuge plays more wing now)

Hyman - McDavid - Kassian
Nuge/Perlini - Draisaitl - Pulujarvi
Toffoli - McLeod/Nuge - Foegle
Benson - McLeod/Ryan - Sceviour
Shore/Ryan

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I wouldnt mind taking Barrie to replace Petry. However, i think Toffoli has a bit more value then Barrie. Could see the Habs taking Barrie after we deal Petry.
I'm not sure, I think its probably one of those scenarios where both sides think there guy has more value. Any add ons would probably be minor in my opinion. Maybe Barrie and Lavoie for Toffoli and a 3rd round pick or something along those lines (helps the Oilers with trade flexibility a bit as ours is tied up in the Keith deal).

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Edmonton does need a defenseman, a goalie, and some help with scoring. We are capped out though, and we aren't a lock for the playoffs, so it won't be in the form of rentals like Chairot. I have time for Toffoli though, even if our more pressing need should be 3C (as Nuge plays more wing now)

Hyman - McDavid - Kassian
Nuge/Perlini - Draisaitl - Pulujarvi
Toffoli - McLeod/Nuge - Foegle
Benson - McLeod/Ryan - Sceviour
Shore/Ryan
I highly Oiler fans will offer us anything close to fair value for Toffoli though. They usually want these right lopsided trades.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I'm not sure, I think its probably one of those scenarios where both sides think there guy has more value. Any add ons would probably be minor in my opinion. Maybe Barrie and Lavoie for Toffoli and a 3rd round pick or something along those lines (helps the Oilers with trade flexibility a bit as ours is tied up in the Keith deal).

Toffoli is a good winger, but Barrie is a good offensive RHD. I realize the narrative on here is that Barrie is a cap dump, but in the real world that simply isn't true. He has value as a player in the league.

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
I highly Oiler fans will offer us anything close to fair value for Toffoli though. They usually want these right lopsided trades.
I don’t blame them since their gm’s have been on the ugly side of many trades the last decade

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
ok so everyone is telling me what they want, its my turn. Habs want a 1st a 2nd and 3x 50 goal scores and 2 first pair top d men. NOW who will give me all that at 50% retention and in return I am willing to give up any scrap players I got and dont want anymore. I can get 1000 hab fans to post that habs are giving too much and you should take the deal and run like bandits trying to convince everyone your right.

OR just to make it simple, you will only trade if YOU ARE CLEAR WINNERS for dirt cheap.
Lets just wait and see at the deadline, just who offers what for who. No need at all to make these crazy offers just for fun.
What I think a players is worth-what you think what players are worth MEANS NOTHING. All the NHL GM'S try, Nobody will grab a Mcdavid for a bag of pucks.

Reactions: HabsAddict

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
While I disagree with the notion Barrie is anything but a cap dump, I have to admire the tenacity that EDM fans defend him in all these trade threads. I wish more fan bases stood behind their players as much tbh

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018
While I disagree with the notion Barrie is anything but a cap dump, I have to admire the tenacity that EDM fans defend him in all these trade threads. I wish more fan bases stood behind their players as much tbh

So how is that any different then Habs fans
Barrie lead all defense in points last year ..
Like how Big Ben was a beast in the playoffs and Price carried ..

How does Barrie become a dump .. while the others who are doing far less this season still carry a 1st valuation?

Reactions: ManofSteel55

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
So how is that any different then Habs fans
Barrie lead all defense in points last year ..
Like how Big Ben was a beast in the playoffs and Price carried ..

How does Barrie become a dump .. while the others who are doing far less this season still carry a 1st valuation?

Yesterday a guy said Risto is worth a 1st, and really Barrie and Ristolainen are the same player only Barrie is paid less and scores more.

Still a dump to posters on here. They can't, or won't, see anything different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad