Proposal: Edm / Mtl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Crow52

Jan 8, 2020
Edm: Taffoli and Chariot
Mtl: Xavier Bourgault and Raphael Lavoie or Holloway and 2021 1st

Mtl gets quality prospects and Edm gets two experienced players for their playoff run. If salary is an issue then Barrie could be worked out in the deal or salary held back from Mtl.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Does Edmonton really need Toffoli or is he being included to drive up the price?

Chiarot I can see but Edmonton shouldn't do much more than Lavoie.

Reactions: bbfan419

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

Mtl gets quality prospects and Edm gets two experienced players for their playoff run. If salary is an issue then Barrie could be worked out in the deal or salary held back from Mtl.

This is a brutal trade proposal for the Oilers. You're asking for effectively three firsts and a B prospect for Toffoli and Chairot. That is a ridiculous offer.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
This is a brutal trade proposal for the Oilers. You're asking for effectively three firsts and a B prospect for Toffoli and Chairot. That is a ridiculous offer.
i thought mine was much better offer for your teams needs .

Crow52

Jan 8, 2020
Xavier Bourgault and Raphael Lavoie OR Holloway and 2022 1st
Has everyone actually read the feed. This only involves two prospects plus potentially MTL retaining salary or include Tyson Barrie in the package. Yes, my mistake! (should have read 2022 1st.)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
yeah, that's a pass from us. Bad teams shouldn't trade for rentals, for one, and we have about six cents of cap space. Asking for two A assets and a B asset for stuff we don't need is bold though.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Has to be Holloway not Lavoie for Montreal to even think about it. Because Chiarot will fetch a first alone.

Toffoli has a ring and a playoff force. He was great in the bubble with Van and last year for us. Plus, he is on a team friendly contract. With two more years left after this one.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Has to be Holloway not Lavoie for Montreal to even think about it. Because Chiarot will fetch a first alone.

Toffoli has a ring and a playoff force. He was great in the bubble with Van and last year for us. Plus, he is on a team friendly contract. With two more years left after this one.

I think for the Oilers Holloway is a no go. Holland isn't likely to deal him to the Habs, or anyone, for that. Good luck in your search though.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think for the Oilers Holloway is a no go. Holland isn't likely to deal him to the Habs, or anyone, for that. Good luck in your search though.
It hard to make deal with Oilers. I think they want to miss playoffs.

Toffoli going to fetch 2 top young assets. According to the experts. Friedman said three teams in on Chiarot. Compared it Savard trade. In which Tampa gave up a first, second and fourth. Chiarot return be similar.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

Toffoli going to fetch 2 top young assets. According to the experts. Friedman said three teams in on Chiarot. Compared it Savard trade. In which Tampa gave up a first, second and fourth. Chiarot return be similar.

That really isn't the case. What deals are you talking about? The one where Habs fans insisted Oiler fans should pay top dollar for Cary Price?

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009

Montreal should keep them for their playoff run.

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011

Whether you're saying ...

Xavier Bourgault
Raphael Lavoie/Dylan Holloway
2022 1st

or you were trying to say

Xavier Bourgault
Raphael Lavoie

or

Dylan Holloway
2022 1st

All three options are pretty terrible for the Oilers with almost no incentive at all on our end.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Whether you're saying ...

Xavier Bourgault
Raphael Lavoie/Dylan Holloway
2022 1st

or you were trying to say

Xavier Bourgault
Raphael Lavoie

or

Dylan Holloway
2022 1st

All three options are pretty terrible for the Oilers with almost no incentive at all on our end.
To be more accurate
he said 2021 1st not 2022 1st
:)

Bourgault + (Holloway or Lavoie) + 2021 1st..

Apparently Holloway and Lavoie have same value.

I would do this Bourgault + Lavoie + Bourgault (2021 1st) ;)

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Xavier Bourgault and Raphael Lavoie OR Holloway and 2022 1st
Has everyone actually read the feed. This only involves two prospects plus potentially MTL retaining salary or include Tyson Barrie in the package. Yes, my mistake! (should have read 2022 1st.)
That's the way I read it but to be fair others could have read it differently.

EDM doesn't have the cap space even if they wanted to do that deal, which they probably don't. Barrie and Kassian would have to be thrown in for cap reasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad