Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] F Jeff Skinner signs with the Oilers (1 year, $3M)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
I just hate watching non-rivals suffer haha
Being an Oiler fan, I've always cheered for Sabres, Panthers, and Islanders (despite them having some playoff success).
Yeah it really sucks honestly. Hockey is like a massive portion of my life and since the sabres have been bad for so long it’s like effected my ability to even watch other teams/playoffs. It’s like I get envious of teams doing well and stuff when it seems like we just have a curse on us to where we are forced to play like a shinny team against NHL’ers most nights😂😂 and it’s crazy because our roster isn’t bad or anything. But yeah I hope it changes soon. Optimistic every year still somehow, maybe that’s a good or bad thing 😂

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
What a weird post.

Hear that, Oiler fans? Your biggest problem is McDavid.
Almost like - and let's see if SEPH can follow along now - adding a couple guys that can finish the chances McDavid sets up isn't a bad idea.

McDavid had zero points in games 6 and 7. Edmonton adds more guys that can finish and make plays. This is... a bad thing?

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Yeah it really sucks honestly. Hockey is like a massive portion of my life and since the sabres have been bad for so long it’s like effected my ability to even watch other teams/playoffs. It’s like I get envious of teams doing well and stuff when it seems like we just have a curse on us to where we are forced to play like a shinny team against NHL’ers most nights😂😂 and it’s crazy because our roster isn’t bad or anything. But yeah I hope it changes soon. Optimistic every year still somehow, maybe that’s a good or bad thing 😂
I totally get it dude.
We had our shitty decade too. Florida had theirs. Sens are getting there.

So hopefully it gives you some solace that us and Florida were in the finals last year.
You guys should be close. Hope you get it done this year!

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I always saw him as a guy on Carolina that was great at creating for himself off of forechecks and stuff like that. Maybe he just started playing like a total idiot when he came to buffalo 😂
He played different for sure, and his confidence took a real hit under Krueger. I think being with guys like Eichel, Thompson and Tuch he adapted to using linemates more. We’ll see what he’s got in Edm, there’s no reason for him to carry the mail up the rink there.

What a weird post.

Hear that, Oiler fans? Your biggest problem is McDavid.
It’s such a lame argument. Games 5 and 6 were elimination games too and he seemed to do ok there…..

Anything to diminish the best playoff performance since the early 90’s. People are weird.

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
I totally get it dude.
We had our shitty decade too. Florida had theirs. Sens are getting there.

So hopefully it gives you some solace that us and Florida were in the finals last year.
You guys should be close. Hope you get it done this year!
Thanks man and Yeah for sure. We were basically in the same situation for a bit. I’m sure we’ll get out of soon. But that’s the NHL I guess, there’s so much parody unlike other leagues and that’s what makes it so interesting. Maybe this is the year 😂

He played different for sure, and his confidence took a real hit under Krueger. I think being with guys like Eichel, Thompson and Tuch he adapted to using linemates more. We’ll see what he’s got in Edm, there’s no reason for him to carry the mail up the rink there.

It’s such a lame argument. Games 5 and 6 were elimination games too and he seemed to do ok there…..

Anything to diminish the best playoff performance since the early 90’s. People are weird.
Yeah and also we set him up to fail in a few situations. The fact that he was on the Pp and not strictly infront of the net was kind of a mistake. Idk how many times I’d see him do a no look behind the back pass out of the zone when it was pretty clear he’s not comfortable in those situations

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Thanks man and Yeah for sure. We were basically in the same situation for a bit. I’m sure we’ll get out of soon. But that’s the NHL I guess, there’s so much parody unlike other leagues and that’s what makes it so interesting. Maybe this is the year 😂

Yeah and also we set him up to fail in a few situations. The fact that he was on the Pp and not strictly infront of the net was kind of a mistake. Idk how many times I’d see him do a no look behind the back pass out of the zone when it was pretty clear he’s not comfortable in those situations
Agreed especially about the pp. He’s at his pp best when he’s sneaking around the net looking for loose pucks because his maybe best attribute is being a puck hound and in those situations he’s extremely strong on the puck. He’s not a big one timer guy and while he’s a good passer he isn’t always the best playmaker in that situation.

Reactions: RWatson29

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
How's that defensive core? It cost them the Cup and zero improvement concerning their biggest weakness of all lol. Arvidsson and Skinner are strengths in an already strong winger system, Selanne and Kariya when they went to the Avs never worked out and these moves are like a way less talented version of that.
It's pretty much the same D-core that made it to the Stanley Cup Final.

Thank you for asking

Reactions: Oilslick941611

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Do we think Holloway deserves some top six/top nine reps after a pretty impactful playoffs?
Being able to comfortably put a young developing player like Holloway in a position to succeed, like 3W, is something I never thought we’d ever see in Edmonton ever again. Brings a tear to my eye.

Reactions: PuckG

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
If Skinner is not scoring goals, he's a negative on the ice, but he can score you some goals. Seems to make sense for Edmonton as they have enough defensive/gritty forwards outside the top McDavid/Drai/RNH group

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Throwing shit and seeing if it sticks type of philosophy, eh? With what cap space? You lot need significant upgrades on D.
With all of those injuries we are going to have. LTIR. You answered your own conflict not more than a few messages earlier.

Well, they definitely had a great chance to beat you lot if they had Demko in net. I know it is a bunch of "what if's," but if we look back and Canucks had Demko, they win that series in six games. Plus factor in that the Oilers were fairly healthy for at least 98% of the entire season. Good chance they face more injuries than the little that they sustained.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Could he be better than RNH on the PP?
I’d like to try him in Nuges spot

His quick release and willingness to shoot could make that unit more dangerous. Right now, RNH is the lowest scoring threat on that unit but Skinner, McDavid, Draisaitl, Bouchard, and Hyman would give 5 legit goal scoring threats

Nuge as a centre on the 2nd unit would be very useful

That being said, they likely don’t mess with the PP1

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
I’d like to try him in Nuges spot

His quick release and willingness to shoot could make that unit more dangerous. Right now, RNH is the lowest scoring threat on that unit but Skinner, McDavid, Draisaitl, Bouchard, and Hyman would give 5 legit goal scoring threats

Nuge as a centre on the 2nd unit would be very useful

That being said, they likely don’t mess with the PP1
Honestly just save nuge for the pk mins in the playoffs isn’t a bad idea

Reactions: La Bamba

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Wow. That might have been the first complete line to start crying during a playoff game. Would have been the softest trio ever.

A pajama boy choosing Edmonton over Toronto? Skinner may be the smartest Pajama boy in the League. Although ROR made a smart call eventually too.

Reactions: PuckG

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015

Wow. That might have been the first complete line to start crying during a playoff game. Would have been the softest trio ever.

Skinner likes scoring goals and did not want to become another Hyman playing with Matthews which the number 1 rule is always pass to Matthews instead of shooting

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad