F Ivan Demidov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Mhl =~ chl
Khl =~ nhl
Vhl =~ ahl?

I'd say the average level of CHL leagues is higher than MHL, but if we take top MHL teams vs top CHL teams then I won't say CHL will beat MHLers. On the other hand scoring is higher in the CHL so players' stats are kinda inflated compared to the MHL. Only 2 players in MHL history could score at 2PPG and higher level while for the CHL it's pretty common.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
I'd say the average level of CHL leagues is higher than MHL, but if we take top MHL teams vs top CHL teams then I won't say CHL will beat MHLers. On the other hand scoring is higher in the CHL so players' stats are kinda inflated compared to the MHL. Only 2 players in MHL history could score at 2PPG and higher level while for the CHL it's pretty common.
Only 2 players have 2 ppg in MHL ? May I know the 2nd player ?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I think the answer to that question is mainly driven by Dach's development. MTL top 6 is lacking another player long term.
Slaf - Suzuki - Demidov
Caufeild - Dach - [???]
Newhook - Beck - Roy

Usually, Dach like to control the puck through the neutral zone, and similar to what I saw from Demidov. Would these two gel? Suzuki may be a better fit as this would allow him to help the D more, pass to Demidov for a rush chance.

Should Dach not develop as a C, that extra player may be a new C, which could change who Demidov play with.

We're not lacking a top 6 player. The [???] could be any of Newhook, Roy, or Hage. They all have top 6 talent, and are tracking to become that.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
We're not lacking a top 6 player. The [???] could be any of Newhook, Roy, or Hage. They all have top 6 talent, and are tracking to become that.
if that is the case, why as KH said he want to add top 6 talent??

The reality is that if you can push Newhook and Roy to the 3rd line, you get a level of depth in the lineup that allows you to compete even in case of injuries. Anyway, this is the Demidov tread and my point was about which C would play with him

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

The reality is that if you can push Newhook and Roy to the 3rd line, you get a level of depth in the lineup that allows you to compete even in case of injuries. Anyway, this is the Demidov tread and my point was about which C would play with him
He will play with Suzuki unless we upgrade at C,
Dach is made of glass and I don’t think he is a long term solution for us

Hage will hopefully be a capable 2C

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Hughes wanted to add a top 6 talent for the short term. Demidov isn't in the nhl yet and Roy might not be ready for a top 6 role this season.

Sure, if we can add an even better forward than Newhook/Roy/Hage, it will make the team even better, but thats a luxury. Having Newhook/Roy in the top 6 should be completely fine. There's no hole/missing piece in the long term look of the top 6.

Reactions: BLONG7

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
When thinking of comparisons, obviously a guy like kucherov comes to mind if he can translate to NA ice. I just don’t see it as much. His IQ is very good, however he had a tendency to want to take “over the game” at times despite not being in a position to do so and forcing unnecessary plays that ultimately lead to turnovers at times.

then discovered that Filatov had major attitude and gambling issues that contributed towards him busting. I was merely making a comparison as to how I saw some similarities stylistically. I appreciate the Habs fans who genuinely engaged with my post and provided facts about Filatov I was previously not too informed on. I was able to do some of my own research and learned something new.

If he can translate to NA ice? All SKA's teams already play on NA size ice.
A more appropriate question would be if he can translate is style to the pro game. But I suppose you could say the same about every single player in CHL, NCAA, etc. too

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I think the answer to that question is mainly driven by Dach's development. MTL top 6 is lacking another player long term.
Slaf - Suzuki - Demidov
Caufeild - Dach - [???]
Newhook - Beck - Roy

Usually, Dach like to control the puck through the neutral zone, and similar to what I saw from Demidov. Would these two gel? Suzuki may be a better fit as this would allow him to help the D more, pass to Demidov for a rush chance.

Should Dach not develop as a C, that extra player may be a new C, which could change who Demidov play with.
Slafkovsky-Suzuki-Demidov
Caufield-Hage-Dach

Guhle-Mailloux
Hutson-Reinbacher

Fowler

That's pretty much the plan for the 99-06 generation.

Bottom 6, GK2 and Top 6 Def are easily found on the market but there are already prospects in the system.

Unfortunately, the results will probably be bad again next year and Montreal will still have 2 1st round and 2nd round picks (12 total). I think the franchise. So enough to add interesting prospects next year.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Caufield-Hage-Dach

Guhle-Mailloux
Hutson-Reinbacher

Fowler

Bottom 6, GK2 and Top 6 Def are easily found on the market but there are already prospects in the system.

Unfortunately, the results will probably be bad again next year and Montreal will still have 2 1st round and 2nd round picks (12 total). I think the franchise. So enough to add interesting prospects next year.
Yea, I expect they will finish in the bottom ten next year again, and the management will get a good haul from that draft. After that, in 2025-2026, the Habs should aim for the playoffs.

What I wish for next year is that Slaf continues to progress, that Dach plays a full season, that Caufield proves again that he can be a 40-goal player, and that the young Ds and the goaltenders show even more promise.

Back to Demidov, though, he really looks great, but I can't wait to see him in the KHL next year. He'll be able to prove he can dominate in a men-league.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Caufield-Hage-Dach

Guhle-Mailloux
Hutson-Reinbacher

Fowler

I get where you’re coming from but I actually think Demidov would be better on that second line you proposed if everything goes well. Hage and Dach could be great support pieces while Demidov drives his own line.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I get where you’re coming from but I actually think Demidov would be better on that second line you proposed if everything goes well. Hage and Dach could be great support pieces while Demidov drives his own line.
No. With Caufield, we need to add a power forward. Hage makes the play. Suzuki and Slafkovsky need a more electrifying player.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Unless they convert Slafkovsky or Demidov to center they're not going to play together.

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
(Hage?)-Dach-Demidov

Reactions: Demigod11

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
any SKA fans here know if he has a chance to crack the KHL team ( from what i heard he got punished and sent to the MHL because he refused to extend his contract ) so will it be the same this year i really dont wanna see him in the MHL again

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
any SKA fans here know if he has a chance to crack the KHL team ( from what i heard he got punished and sent to the MHL because he refused to extend his contract ) so will it be the same this year i really dont wanna see him in the MHL again

He's KHL ready for sure but with Rotenberg being the head coach it's hard to predict anything. I think it's better to play in the VHL for him.

I mean Marchenko played in the VHL in his last season in Russia and then came to NHL and scored 20 goals. I'm pretty sure Demidov will be able to reproduce or even improve Marchenko's stats.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
He's KHL ready for sure but with Rotenberg being the head coach it's hard to predict anything. I think it's better to play in the VHL for him.

I mean Marchenko played in the VHL in his last season in Russia and then came to NHL and scored 20 goals. I'm pretty sure Demidov will be able to reproduce or even improve Marchenko's stats.
marchenko is nowhere close to demidov as a player

Demigod11

Jun 28, 2021
I like your perspective. Demidov should be great at doing his own thing on the 2nd line. He's definitely the right kind of player that needs little offensive support to be successful and help take some attention away from line 1 at the same time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad