Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] F Jeff Skinner signs with the Oilers (1 year, $3M)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Another guy who posts analytics without actually watching the games lol. Yeah what do I know I’ve only seen every sabres game thay skinner played in🤷‍♂️

Put him on a line without Connor/ or with and ask him to drive play with the puck and let me know how that goes.
He doesn't have to drive the play with the puck. He needs to get open and shoot it.

The Sabres treated Skinner like shit, quite frankly.

Reactions: zar

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
He doesn't have to drive the play with the puck. He needs to get open and shoot it.

The Sabres treated Skinner like shit, quite frankly.
That’s not driving play and that’s my point. Lol

He’ll be a effective player if he just does exactly what you said. Get to soft areas infront of the net and let those 2 centers find him. I’m just saying he cannot carry the puck or make plays with it

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

He’ll be a effective player if he just does exactly what you said. Get to soft areas infront of the net and let those 2 centers find him. I’m just saying he cannot carry the puck or make plays with it
But we don't need him to do that, though. You can drive offense without carrying the puck. Getting to open areas and making the defense think about multiple things at once is just fine

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Skinner-Draisaitl-Arvidsson

Good grief.

Have to think Kane is getting dealt at this point, unless they plan to roll with him on the 3rd line.
How's that defensive core? It cost them the Cup and zero improvement concerning their biggest weakness of all lol. Arvidsson and Skinner are strengths in an already strong winger system, Selanne and Kariya when they went to the Avs never worked out and these moves are like a way less talented version of that.

• Haha
Reactions: NeverForget06
Jan 13, 2023

that's fine, McDavid does that

Reactions: RWatson29

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
But we don't need him to do that, though. You can drive offense without carrying the puck. Getting to open areas and making the defense think about multiple things at once is just fine

Oh okay sorry,
When I think of play driving I’m thinking of zone entires/exits and attacking the defense with the puck like ability to make stuff happen for yourself and others

Reactions: Bryanbryoil
Jan 13, 2023
How's that defensive core? It cost them the Cup and zero improvement concerning their biggest weakness of all lol. Arvidsson and Skinner are strengths in an already strong winger system, Selanne and Kariya when they went to the Avs never worked out and these moves are like a way less talented version of that.
D can be upgraded before the deadline, but the Oilers definitely did not have an "already strong winger system", LOL.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005

He’ll be an effective player if he just does exactly what you said. Get to soft areas infront of the net and let those 2 centers find him. I’m just saying he cannot carry the puck or make plays with it
Knoblach’s biggest strength as a coach is clearly defining every player’s role and putting them in position to perform in that role.

Skinner will have one job, and he historically is quite good at it.

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oh okay sorry,
When I think of play driving I’m thinking of zone entires/exits and attacking the defense with the puck like ability to make stuff happen for yourself and others
ah gotcha.

McDavid and Draisaitl are both at their best with the puck on their stick. All we need Skinner to do is to keep plays going on the boards and take shots on the chances that will be created for him. If he can do that he'll pot 30 in his sleep here.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
You have to find the right mix of players and a motivated Skinner seems like a fit for a team with two elite centers. The player has motivation to make the playoffs and motivation to prove himself to score that next big contract.

I don't understand the dislike over this signing, Skinner is skilled and motivated. He'll score a lot of goals. I predict Skinner will score the most game winning goals in the league this season.

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
ah gotcha.

McDavid and Draisaitl are both at their best with the puck on their stick. All we need Skinner to do is to keep plays going on the boards and take shots on the chances that will be created for him. If he can do that he'll pot 30 in his sleep here.
I think the same. I told everyone I know that he would sign with either Edmonton or Pittsburgh (before he was actually even bought out) for that very reason. I think a player like Connor or sid can really hide skinners flaws because they’re so puck dominant and that’s what he needs. He’s scoring 30-40 for sure if he’s playing with one of those guys all year

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Canuck fans are funny. It’s just like how you almost hypothetically won round 2.
Well, they definitely had a great chance to beat you lot if they had Demko in net. I know it is a bunch of "what if's," but if we look back and Canucks had Demko, they win that series in six games. Plus factor in that the Oilers were fairly healthy for at least 98% of the entire season. Good chance they face more injuries than the little that they sustained.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
They don't actually need to upgrade the d, they went to the Cup final with this D and did so while being one of the best defensive teams in the playoffs, and the goaltending wasn't even that great for two out of four rounds. The reason they lost in the Cup Final is because they couldn't find a couple of goals when they needed them.

The Oilers biggest issue in the playoffs was goal scoring. That's why they went out and signed goal scorers. Don't get distracted by arguments from people who haven't been paying attention to the team.

It's insane that a team that held the Panthers to under 2 goals a game for the final four games of a Cup Final is getting criticized for their D. It just isn't the problem that outsiders make it out to be.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
don't need to play defense when the puck is in the offensive zone the whole time
That and we freshly re-signed all three players from our third line who put on a defensive clinic in the playoffs.
There will be room to upgrade on someone through a trade. Jackson has done exceptionally well.
Jackson did do a solid job yesterday, he kept that third line intact, signing all three UFA forwards, then adding two top-six wingers.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Well, they definitely had a great chance to beat you lot if they had Demko in net. I know it is a bunch of "what if's," but if we look back and Canucks had Demko, they win that series in six games. Plus factor in that the Oilers were fairly healthy for at least 98% of the entire season. Good chance they face more injuries than the little that they sustained.
so if Demko shows up, Petey and Hughes....who combined for 1 goal all series....suddenly show up?

• Haha
Reactions: McNuge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad