Proposal: EDM-DET

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
What the hell is this? Look, I don't agree with everything that Holland has done for the past couple of years, but mostly everything he has done has screamed "we are rebuilding". He has made trades needed at the deadline to gain draft assets for the future. 10 picks so far this year, 10 picks last year, and 11 in 2017 sure makes it seem like he has been looking to make this team younger. I interpret the whole "rebuilding on the fly" as Holland not just getting rid of every player 30 years and older and letting Detroit finish bottom 5 for 5 years straight, which I agree with. Like I said, he hasn't done everything in a perfect manner, but he has allowed his younger core to grow and mature with older, more experienced players to where they may feel comfortable enough playing more minutes. You are even beginning to see it with players like Larkin, Bert, Mantha, AA, etc. Give Cholo. Ras, and Hronek some time, they have it, because we aren't competing for a cup this year or next. They have shown signs of being great, but the jump to the NHL is just going to be different.

Except that most of the players you mentioned aren't core players, and wouldn't be on a contending team. Aside from Larkin, there are no core players on the Red Wings at this point. Zadina and maybe (if he exceeds all expectations) Cholo could be core players. Beyond that the team is pretty much all role players without a true #1 center, #1 d-man, #2 d-man, or a goalie of the future. The team is a long way from being ready to compete.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
AA would require Oilers 1st round pick or Bouchard. Those are the only two assets that make sense.

Bear is not a commodity worth trading a top 6 forward for.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Except that most of the players you mentioned aren't core players, and wouldn't be on a contending team. Aside from Larkin, there are no core players on the Red Wings at this point. Zadina and maybe (if he exceeds all expectations) Cholo could be core players. Beyond that the team is pretty much all role players without a true #1 center, #1 d-man, #2 d-man, or a goalie of the future. The team is a long way from being ready to compete.
UMM are you on crack? Larking is the future captain not a "core" player. As for core players on "contending" teams Mantha, AA, Helm, Glendeing, Nielsen, Nyquist, Bert, Green, Kronwall, Daley. Are all core players on any team contending lol. You have no hockey iq and your opinion now means nothing at all.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Detroit is damn near a tire fire. They have a weak prospect pool, a weak core, and massive holes at premium positions, with a GM that thinks they can be in contention for a playoff spot next year. And this is after 10 years of knowing that without actual action they would end up in this exact position.

Get off whatever it is you're on :laugh:

What are Detroit’s needs? Haven’t seen you guys post a proposal in months. Are you guys strictly rebuilding through the draft?

And how much would it Be to acquire that Islanders 2nd rounder from you.

Sadly at this point I think our best bet is the draft we the stockpile of picks we've acquired. Over the next couple years we have a lot of cap space being freed up and I can only hope that coincides with Stevie taking over as GM.

Basically the best trade chips we have at this point are the clear future of our team and should only be parted with if we're desperate which we might just be

Last edited:

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI

Honestly, this is probably the top 5 dumbest thing I have ever read on this board.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I think he's as likely to be a #2/3 d-man and that'd make him the best d prospect Detroit's had since Kronwall.
just six month ago I thought we don't have any potential high end defensive prospect , now we have at least 3

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
AA would require Oilers 1st round pick or Bouchard. Those are the only two assets that make sense.

That may be the ask from Detroit, but I don't see Edmonton coughing up those assets at this time.

One other thing: it is kind of nice to discuss Oiler prospects on the blue line that are actually good. Bouchard, Jones, Bear, Lagesson. Guys who actually are developing in the way a team is supposed to develop prospects. What a novel idea.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
UMM are you on crack? Larking is the future captain not a "core" player. As for core players on "contending" teams Mantha, AA, Helm, Glendeing, Nielsen, Nyquist, Bert, Green, Kronwall, Daley. Are all core players on any team contending lol. You have no hockey iq and your opinion now means nothing at all.

I'm about as optimistic about Detroit's rebuild as anybody...

... But if you think Helm, Glendo, Nielsen, and Daley are "Core guys" you're high on something that hasn't even been discovered yet. :laugh:

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
No one outside of the Oilers organization you mean. Both are good prospects. Nothing wrong with developing your draft choices.
Sure as a fan of the team these are things you believe. They are continually thrown out by oiler fans as top prospects for trade on this board and no one else cares. Most see them as B list projects at best. The 2nd rounder in this offer is the more valuable piece to other teams fans.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
You must have reading comprehension issues. I said LARKIN (that’s how you spell his name) is a core player. And there is no world that any of the other players your named are core players. They are literally archetypes for role players. Have you been so brainwashed by bad hockey to think Helm, Glendening, a nearly 40 year old Kronwall or a journeyman Daley are core players? There is nobody in the world that those players are part of the core. The core of a team are players you build around. Think of Stamkos, Hedman, Point, Kuch in Tampa. Or Toews, Kane, Keith when Chicago was winning cups. Or for Detroit in 2008 think Lidstrom, Dats, and Z. What you’re saying is players like McCarty, Hudler, and Lebda were core players in 2008. They weren’t. Just like AA, Glendening, Kronwall, Daley, or Helm aren’t core players 10 years later.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017

Oilers first pick is likely a top 10 in a deep draft. H** f***ing no. Stop over evaluating your player man. Oilers counter with a 2nd rounder this year, 2nd rounder next year along with Yamamoto which I am reluctant to let go off.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Get off whatever it is you're on :laugh:

Sadly at this point I think our best bet is the draft we the stockpile of picks we've acquired. Over the next couple years we have a lot of cap space being freed up and I can only hope that coincides with Stevie taking over as GM.

Basically the best trade chips we have at this point are the clear future of our team and should only be parted with if we're desperate which we might just be
This idiot is saying the wings have no prospect pool? This coming from an oilers fan who have literally nobody outside mcdavid draisailt and Hopkins nurse and been in the shitter for 10 yrs lol

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
This idiot is saying the wings have no prospect pool? This coming from an oilers fan who have literally nobody outside mcdavid draisailt and Hopkins nurse and been in the ****ter for 10 yrs lol

Hes a wings fan to my knowledge. Tbh never seen an oilers fan attack another teams prospect pool except for flames :laugh:

Reactions: TFHockey

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Sure as a fan of the team these are things you believe. They are continually thrown out by oiler fans as top prospects for trade on this board and no one else cares. Most see them as B list projects at best. The 2nd rounder in this offer is the more valuable piece to other teams fans.

We probably on the whole know more about our prospects than you.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016

Larkin and maybe Mantha are the only core guys mentioned here. The others are secondary and tertiary pieces on a contending team.

A prime aged Green and Kronwall? Sure, but those days are gone.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
This idiot is saying the wings have no prospect pool? This coming from an oilers fan who have literally nobody outside mcdavid draisailt and Hopkins nurse and been in the ****ter for 10 yrs lol

I am a wings fan. Detroit has in its prospect pool Rasmussen who looks to be a middle 6 winger. Cholo and Hronek who looks to be a middle pairing d-men, Veleno who likely is a middle 6 center, and Zadina who could be the only top line player of the bunch. Detroit is seriously lacking top end defense and center depth both in the farm system and at the NHL level. It wouldn't be so bad if they had two good centers and their top pairing set, but, Detroit needs top end talent that the prospect pool severely lacks. I consider that a weak prospect pool for a team that hasn't been a contender in a decade. And that goes back to a lot of years of Holland trying to use prospects and picks to bandaide Detroit back into the playoffs.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Larkin and maybe Mantha are the only core guys mentioned here. The others are secondary and tertiary pieces on a contending team.

A prime aged Green and Kronwall? Sure, but those days are gone.

Its amazing for someone accusing someone else of being on drugs that the words 'aside from Larkin' means anything but that Larkin is a core player.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: