Proposal: EDM/COL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Habs fan here, I've no horses in that race;

Makar is the 2nd best d-man in the league after Hedman
Draisatl is the 2nd best player overall (or 3rd, it depends where you place Mackinnon) after McDavid

Unless there's a add on Colorado's part, the Oilers are getting bent over in that deal

Makar has dominated in every league he played without Mackinnon. Draisatl can't play defence and partnered with the best player in the world inflates his numbers. It's not likely to have the same numbers playing on another team.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Imo Colorado would do that deal.
Oilers say no

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Makar has dominated in every league he played without Mackinnon. Draisatl can't play defence and partnered with the best player in the world inflates his numbers. It's not likely to have the same numbers playing on another team.

Who gives a shit about defense when you can score above 100 points a year?

I didn't diss Makar or anything, but he's not the player that is going back to Edmonton if Draisatl is coming in your way and if you think so, you're selling way, way too low on Drai

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Ah yes, the "Drai can't play defense" assumption. People like to say this and point to his -7 in his Hart trophy year(that's when it started). Of course, they ignore his +29 last season. :laugh:

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Take Barrie out and the value is bad for Edmonton. Edmonton isn't trading a 26 year old center who's already won a Hart trophy for a second line center and a top pairing d-man. Let alone throwing in a top 4, right-handed PMD.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

I didn't diss Makar or anything, but he's not the player that is going back to Edmonton if Draisatl is coming in your way and if you think so, you're selling way, way too low on Drai

Oilers are more likely to reject due to DMen is not a need. AVs spent a decade seeking a strong DMen.

Makar is a special player. Draisatl is a very good player fortunate playing with McDavid.

AVs would benefit with Draisatl, but not for Makar.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Oilers are more likely to reject due to DMen is not a need. AVs spent a decade seeking a strong DMen.

Makar is a special player. Draisatl is a very good player fortunate playing with McDavid.

AVs would benefit with Draisatl, but not for Makar.

Correction:

Makar is a special player. Won the Calder as the NHLs best rookie.

Draisaitl is a special player. He has won the Hart, Art Ross and Ted Lindsay awards as the NHL best player.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Take Barrie out and the value is bad for Edmonton. Edmonton isn't trading a 26 year old center who's already won a Hart trophy for a second line center and a top pairing d-man. Let alone throwing in a top 4, right-handed PMD.
Barrie and Kadri are irrelevant, it’s basically Makar for Draisaitl and neither team would do it. Hard to argue Barrie and Kadri doesn’t have the same value when they were literally traded for each other not long ago.

Reactions: thadd

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Ah yes, the "Drai can't play defense" assumption. People like to say this and point to his -7 in his Hart trophy year(that's when it started). Of course, they ignore his +29 last season. :laugh:
Who’s looking at +\-?

Attachments

• upload_2021-11-1_10-55-52.jpeg
    upload_2021-11-1_10-55-52.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 12

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Bouchard has been miles better than Barrie IMO.

Much better offensively and defensively at 5on5.
See this is why I never understood the Barrie re-signing. There have never been signs of Bouchard "busting" and from everything witnessed, he's looked primed and ready to take over the "Barrie" role. Not that he can replicate the numbers immediately because Barrie is a rare defensemen that can produce more than most defensemen, but that money could have allowed the Oilers to enter the bidding war for Philipp Grubauer.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
It's okay. The oilers tank in the playoffs because they live and die with their power play.

This is unfortunately true. It’s why I want to move Barrie for a minute eating shutdown type D. Hopefully with added depth upfront this is less an issue moving forward but is a fair critique based on past performance

Reactions: Linds

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Oh yes, the classic "My players analytics suck therefore analytics sucks" response. Solid.
You're right, Draisaitl can't play defense. Not sure what I've been watching. Must have been Baseball.

Thanks for quoting something I didn't say, either. Bravo. If your whole argument for anything in hockey is a f***ing WAR chart then you need to reassess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragdoll

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad