Value of: Edler to MTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

eviohh26*

Haha So edler is the difference between being a brutal team and not? Remind me again where Vancouver finished last year with Edler as a top pairing guy for most of the year?

Maybe? But MTL is pretty Brutal.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
To be fair, the team was in the playoff picture until Edler was injured.

I've never seen the Canucks play decline so drastically with a player out as I did with Edler last season, not even when a Sedin has been out—the D was a tire fire.

But I'm guessing the fact the Habs had on of their best beginning of the season up until we lost the best playuer in thr world has nothing to do with our problems hen?

Yeah, HJabs were 1st in the league up until Price got hurt

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
But I'm guessing the fact the Habs had on of their best beginning of the season up until we lost the best playuer in thr world has nothing to do with our problems hen?

Yeah, HJabs were 1st in the league up until Price got hurt

Like I care about the Habs problems.

My comment was in reference to a post about Edler being a difference maker in/out of the Canucks' lineup.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Tell me exactly how the Canucks are better? Relying on 2 old Swedens to get the job done and who clearly haven't been able to in the last 3-4years

Those 2 old swedes out have out produced montreals top scorers if you prorate henrik's season to a full 82 games to match patches and gally.

What's even worse it that when they CLEARLY havent been able to do the job for 3-4 years, last season they managed to out score montreals 2 best players by a wide margin! 22 points to be exact.

Maybe next time don't throw rocks while living in that glass house because the Canucks may be carried by two old swedes, but they CLEARLY are better than the Habs best forwards

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Desharnais Emelin and a 2nd

Congrats. You've won the bidding war for Luca Sbisa.

You'd trade Sbisa for that???

no takes back

Desharnais at 3.5 for this year, Emelin at 4.1 for this year and next...with a second...for Sbisa...at 3.6 for two more years.

For all the crap Emelin gets, being included in every Montreal based trade, he's worth 500k more then Sbisa. So we're getting a second for Desharnais, and an at least slight increase on Sbisa?

Sold. No trade backs indeed.

eviohh26*

Tell me exactly how the Canucks are better? Relying on 2 old Swedens to get the job done and who clearly haven't been able to in the last 3-4years

Bahaha well for 1st off we didn't since a 3rd liner for 4 million $ Nor trade our fan favourite. We don't have a complete baboon behind the bench. And we don't count on 1 player for a season of success. But i never said Canucks are better. I just said MTL is pretty brutal. I'd like to hear how they are not?

eviohh26*

Vancouver isn't rebuilding

Rebuilding teams don't sign 6 year 36 million dollar deals for top 6 forwards

They don't trade top prospects for d men

Rebuilding teams have to start by tearing it down Vancouver isn't tearing anything down

McCann was a top prospect? Hmm. Who knew.:shakehead

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
McCann was a top prospect? Hmm. Who knew.:shakehead

He was. I mean, he was listed as one of three players (with Virtanen and Demko) our GM listed as untouchable, and was our best center prospect. I was pissed off by the trade, then I saw what Edmonton did...

eviohh26*

He was. I mean, he was listed as one of three players (with Virtanen and Demko) our GM listed as untouchable, and was our best center prospect. I was pissed off by the trade, then I saw what Edmonton did...

McCann is no way in any way going to be better than Horvat. I think you were thinking of Boeser as the 3rd untouchable.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
McCann is no way in any way going to be better than Horvat. I think you were thinking of Boeser as the 3rd untouchable.

As of last year I'd have Horvat firmly in the "young player" category, there was no real risk of him not making the team or being out competed by less established players. McCann was never a given, much like Virtanen, Gaunce, Boeser, Juolevi, Hutton last year...anyone that hasn't made the big club I'd consider a prospect, where as someone who cleanly moved into a role I don't think can be called a prospect.

McCann was mentioned by name though, I'm wondering if it was Virtanen that got bumped then. I remember McCann being in that statement, and thinking that something was amiss.

eviohh26*

I don't recall anything about McCann being untouchable. But hey we got Gudbranson out of it. Looks like we struck gold after the Taylor Hall trade.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Desharnais at 3.5 for this year, Emelin at 4.1 for this year and next...with a second...for Sbisa...at 3.6 for two more years.

For all the crap Emelin gets, being included in every Montreal based trade, he's worth 500k more then Sbisa. So we're getting a second for Desharnais, and an at least slight increase on Sbisa?

Sold. No trade backs indeed.

Yeah I feel there's no way in hell Sbisa alone should be bringing back a 2nd round pick in a trade but I'd definitely do it to get out of Desharnais and Emelin's contracts. Sbisa's contract sucks, but he'd be replacing Emelin on the bottom pairing anyway so it doesn't really matter. Habs would get 4 million in cap space this year and not hurt our roster very much, which would leave us with enough space to add a couple more pieces.

Giving up the 2nd round pick would hurt but we have 5 in the next two years anyway.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
shake my head smh smh... I wouldnt do beaulieu for edeler straight up. Hes an aging player with not much offensive upside. On most teams (aside Van), hes at best a top 4 pairing, preferably #4. No way habs do beaulieu for him, NO way.
I would give beaulieu one full year of him paired up with Weber, to mentor him, and see how he performs then re-assess his skillset and potential, cuz so far, he has had zero chances to prove himself with therrien.
For all i know he might just break-out.
As for sergechev, dont even get me started, just dont. Sergechev, the reason subban was expandable, for who??? Edler?? ahhahahahah ok dream on, nuck fans. I wouldnt do sergechev for any of your players or prospects to be honest.
I would only offer hudon, reway, carr or some other pieces for him, but tbh, i dont want edler. Habs need a player like fowler or shattenkirk.

You will have hard time finding a lot of teams that have 3 defensemen better than Edler. A healthy Edler can still produce at least 30 points.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
As a Habs fan, Edler is still a very complete 1st pair D.

Don't think he would be the ideal partner for Weber though. So no to Edler to Habs. Even less for a packaga that includes Sergachev.

Beaulieu will be tried with Weber and if it doesn't work out, Beaulieu will be traded in a package for a better D.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Bahaha well for 1st off we didn't since a 3rd liner for 4 million $ Nor trade our fan favourite. We don't have a complete baboon behind the bench. And we don't count on 1 player for a season of success. But i never said Canucks are better. I just said MTL is pretty brutal. I'd like to hear how they are not?

But then again, you're defense rellies on 1 player only to do the job?

Habs not only loss one of the 3 best players in the league, they also lost their leader which has shown in the numerous down moment last year.

Therrien is a ****** coach, that's why they hired Muller this off-season. Nake sure we have someone else behind the bench able to take head coach duties if/when he vets kicked out.

RyderRocks73

Jul 1, 2015
Moncton, NB
From what i read Benning wants a top 6 winger in any deal for Edler, So Juulsen doesn't do any thing for Vancouver Detroit could offer Nyquist+Detroit's 2nd round pick for Edler that fills more of a need for Benning then adding futures in Juulsen.

I'd wave Scherbak around. But don't expect us to give up a proven top 6 forward for Edler. It'd be a step backward. It's exactly what this team has spent all their effort into improving.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I'd wave Scherbak around. But don't expect us to give up a proven top 6 forward for Edler. It'd be a step backward. It's exactly what this team has spent all their effort into improving.

Totally agree that Montreal isn't in position to be giving up any of their top 6 wingers, Seeing that they're looking to upgrade that area and with Detroit having abundance of extra forwards it would make far more sense for them. But a deal around Scherbak for Edler probably isn't a bad deal that might be something that could interest Benning here it would be worth a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad