ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Leafs only leading the 5v5 expected goals battle in this series 4.94-4.77 and that’s without factoring in any score effect adjustments

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
It’s weird that the team with the least deflection goals in the league this season is finding that relying on deflection goals in the playoffs to be unsustainable. Wild.

I don't think the Leafs tried to deflect at all this series. They should get back to it.

Did you even watch the games?

Reactions: Kimota

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Leafs leading the 5v5 expected goals battle in this series 4.94-4.77 and that’s without factoring in any score effect adjustments
I am lost at people who think Florida is getting killed 5 v 5. Florida might still be in trouble because their PK can't keep this up but they play well at 5 v 5, have for many years.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
A very sloppy two minutes cost us the game and with high liklihood the series. Can't lose your mind like that.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Leafs are just not that great of team. Fatally flawed.

I hope they make a series out of it because who really GAF but the depth and especially the forward depth is very mid.

Pierre Engvall would come in handy in this series btw.
Lol no he wouldn’t

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Leafs letting Sam f***ing Bennett run over them and absolutely bully them out of their own barn. Completely embarrassing

1oBR.gif

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
I remember when the Raptors lost the first 2 games to the Milwaukee Bucks, and everyone said the series was over. The Raps went on to win the next 4 games, and eventually won the chip. LoL to everyone saying this series over. Leafs play their best hockey when their backs are against a wall.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
How did I personally attack you?

The Leafs have not tried to deflect this series. Most of their chances are clean shots, breakaways, or 2 on 1's.

I'm curious, did you watch the game or did you just project the Tampa games onto this series?
oh wow I get it; you’re not good at conversation without ad hominems. It’s ok. I forgive you.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I am lost at people who think Florida is getting killed 5 v 5. Florida might still be in trouble because their PK can't keep this up but they play well at 5 v 5, have for many years.

People remember what they've seen recently which was a dominant Toronto third period.

What a lot of them seem to have missed is that dominant period could potentially be categorized as desperate. Desperate to avoid losing both their home games. And when your desperation fails it's often tough to get motivated for the next game.

I'm open to being wrong, I could be wrong but that's how I saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad