ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panteras

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 14, 2009
It’s only 3-0 who cares
Also, last night was first time FL won a game 1 since 1997....
a record of futility spanning a whopping total of 8 playoff series

8 playoff series.....since 1997

now minus the 4 played over the past two seasons and Bs this year
ay yi yi

Not to mention we only got over our 1st round hump last year…after 26 fregging years…. That >>Toronto’s drought

We’ve known nothing but utter misery

• Wow
Reactions: Jmo89

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I remember winning the Corsi battles when Eakins was coaching in Edmonton :(

Oh the swarm....how I miss thee.

Swatting GIFs | Tenor

1683135833137.png

• Haha
Reactions: joestevens29

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
I remember winning the Corsi battles when Eakins was coaching in Edmonton :(

A guy claims it was an even game 5v5. Another guy shows the stats saying, no, in fact it was a very uneven looking at widely accepted and used metrics. Third guy comes in with a total strawman saying you can't win games with Corsi.

fml xD

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Even still, makes zero sense to push Game 4 to Wednesday instead of Tuesday when the building is open on Tuesday.

Leafs will draw well from a TV perspective on any day, but two Friday games and two Sunday games and no Saturday games feels like a weird decision.
The only reason to do that is to get 2 of the remaining games to fall on the weekend. Not trying to knock anyone, but a little surprising how no Saturday game seems like such a very big deal to many Leafs fans. Maybe the US broadcasters prefer Fri and Sun, idk.
Now imagine Bob goes full Bobrovski. The same Bobrovsky who needed a fringe backup to get them into the post season.
yeah, he was out because he was sick, a ”non covid illness”

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
A guy claims it was an even game 5v5. Another guy shows the stats saying, no, in fact it was a very uneven looking at widely accepted and used metrics. Third guy comes in with a total strawman saying you can't win games with Corsi.

fml xD
Not saying you can't, but it sure the hell isn't the end all of stats to use. If it was Calgary would've been in the playoffs and Tampa would've beat Toronto in round 1.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
The only reason to do that is to get 2 of the remaining games to fall on the weekend. Not trying to knock anyone, but a little surprising how no Saturday game seems like such a very big deal to many Leafs fans. Maybe the US broadcasters prefer Fri and Sun, idk.

yeah, he was out because he was sick, a ”non covid illness”
I mainly just think two 2 day breaks in the first 4 game window is dumb

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Not saying you can't, but it sure the hell isn't the end all of stats to use. If it was Calgary would've been in the playoffs and Tampa would've beat Toronto in round 1.

It's a strawman because I'm not using it to say you can win games with Corsi (you can't), I'm using it to show who controlled the game 5v5 (the whole discussion with the other guy was about that).
:thumbu:

Reactions: authentic

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
Quality of officials? Getting high-sticked and drawing blood is not 4 minutes? And a double minor with :37 left in the game and not scoring is not the same as getting the full 4 minute chance obviously. Haters being obtuse - what a rarity

Not the question I asked, nice try though. It is good to see however that all calls are now fairly adjudicated, that means we shouldn’t see a certain fanbase complaining again about officiating this series… right?

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
Not the question I asked, nice try though. It is good to see however that all calls are now fairly adjudicated, that means we shouldn’t see a certain fanbase complaining again about officiating this series… right?
oh you have a crystal ball do you? You know what calls will be made for the rest of this series, and whether they will be the right calls or not? You're ridiculous and an obvious hater. We will see, but for Maurice to cry about the amount of penalties his team took - flash inaccurate amount of fingers indicating 5 penalties to 1 and you haters lapping it up is so silly. Four penalties on the Panthers - all deserved and they still won so what's the issue?

You always pretend to be this stupid? Odd choice but so what

CanuckHockey

May 3, 2023
Honest question: how come the high stick on O'Reilly was reviewable, but the missed high stick (can't remember who it was on) in the dying stages of Game 6 between Tampa and Toronto was not? Is it because blood was drawn?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
70% on face offs &
2 assists last night.

Also, last night was first time FL won a game 1 since 1997....
a record of futility spanning a whopping total of 8 playoff series

8 playoff series.....since 1997

now minus the 4 played over the past two seasons and Bs this year
ay yi yi

+ 22mins

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I think this is a really bad matchup for the Leafs. I don't think they are built to handle the Panthers speed and Forecheck.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
oh you have a crystal ball do you? You know what calls will be made for the rest of this series, and whether they will be the right calls or not? You're ridiculous and an obvious hater. We will see, but for Maurice to cry about the amount of penalties his team took - flash inaccurate amount of fingers indicating 5 penalties to 1 and you haters lapping it up is so silly. Four penalties on the Panthers - all deserved and they still won so what's the issue?

You always pretend to be this stupid? Odd choice but so what
It was 5, one was a double minor, so 5.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
A defense who's number 2 overall in scoring can't move the puck? A defense that includes a player with 73 on its backend, and two other ones with 40 pts. This defense can't move the puck?? LMAO stick to the Blue Jays pal.
Meanwhile you have Jake McCabe on t\he first pair making Holl look like a great dman lol

Reactions: IceManCat

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Didn't watch game 1 I take it
All game bro.

1st goal was a result of strong forecheck
2nd goal was the result of forecheck
3rd goal was CV's speed
4th goal was on a (awful)delayed penalty

3 of these were against the Leafs best D.

What game did you watch?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats2TheCup

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Seeing a lot of “Bob stole the game” but don’t really think that was the case. Most of his best work came in the last minute of a 4-2 lead. The Panthers have a big issue with taking their foot off the gas with a lead so score effects play a big part in their games.

Panthers were easily the better team at 5v5 through the first period (and really throughout the whole game). Toronto dominated when on the PP (this will happen all series) and 6v5 in the last couple minutes.

The difference in play for Florida depending on the score, especially in terms of their aggression, is obvious and was seen in the last 3 games of the BOS series as well.

Game 5 the Panthers gave up 3 separate one goal leads but bounced back for the next goal each time the game was tied up.

Game 6 they again blew 3 separate one goal leads but again turned the aggression back up and immediately tied up the game twice when trailing in the 3rd and used the forecheck to take the lead when tied late in the 3rd again.

Game 7 another similar story. Aggressive to earn a 2-0 lead. Sat on it which led to a 3-2 Bruins lead. Got the tying goal and carried play most of OT

Hard to draw too many conclusions about how the series will play out based on one game where the Panthers led almost the whole way. In a neutral game state and at 5v5, the Panthers had the better of the play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad