ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
Let me rephrase that: I am sure that the Toronto Maple Leafs have many valid complaints about the officiating of a game in which they received a 4-1 advantage in on-ice power plays, despite spending the entire evening desperately clutching and grabbing and hooking at Matthew Tkachuk and interfering with Sergei Bobrovsky.

bUt iT wAs oNlY 3-1 unTiL tHe lAst mInuTe

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Miami Heat are playing on saturday so maybe that has something to do with it.
Even still, makes zero sense to push Game 4 to Wednesday instead of Tuesday when the building is open on Tuesday.

Leafs will draw well from a TV perspective on any day, but two Friday games and two Sunday games and no Saturday games feels like a weird decision.

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
Hey Folks,

I understand emotions are high but can we please refrain from talking about other fan bases as well as other members on the forum here, and focus on the series at hand. Appreciate it.

Thanks!

There's a good reason Leo is the leader of the bunch! Bunch of Raphs in here.

• Haha
Reactions: Leonardo87

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Let me rephrase that: I am sure that the Toronto Maple Leafs have many valid complaints about the officiating of a game in which they received a 4-1 advantage in on-ice power plays, despite spending the entire evening desperately clutching and grabbing and hooking at Matthew Tkachuk and interfering with Sergei Bobrovsky.
Man the ref whining on this site is relentless. Reffing was fine last night, the interference is both ways and you see it in every single playoff game.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Even still, makes zero sense to push Game 4 to Wednesday instead of Tuesday when the building is open on Tuesday.

Leafs will draw well from a TV perspective on any day, but two Friday games and two Sunday games and no Saturday games feels like a weird decision.
The nhl is a joke of a league.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
They don’t share an arena though from What I’ve read.

It's pretty standard practice for markets that have two teams in the playoffs to coordinate scheduling in this way. The Panthers would have preferred the game on Saturday I'm sure, since the F1 race is on Sunday and tons of people bought tickets for that months ago.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Miami Heat are playing on saturday so maybe that has something to do with it.
Once both of these leagues are in the second round, there is for sure integrated scheduling between the leagues with team imposed constraints.

League constraints of no 2 hockey games on the same time and no 2 basketball games on at the same time if possible. Team constraints of no 2 tv markets on at the same time if possible.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
I mean, you have proof of this, right?

Because I saw Tkachuk cross check Matthews in the face and open up a 50-inch cut over his eye before murdering Mitch Marner with his own skate. I just can't find the video.

What Leaf fans are complaining about the officiating. Or are you just making stuff up?

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
It's pretty standard practice for markets that have two teams in the playoffs to coordinate scheduling in this way. The Panthers would have preferred the game on Saturday I'm sure, since the F1 race is on Sunday and tons of people bought tickets for that months ago.
There's no reason for it to be on the Sunday other than the Panthers wanting it to be. The Leafs and Rogers would 10000% prefer a Saturday lol.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
The best part about having Matthew Tkachuk out east is that he is now relevant to the world! What a treat to watch! He must be stoked

Nylander had some of the dumbest sequences I have seen from him.

I don’t know what the hell he was doing tonight.
Bro has incredible seperation speed and bursts through the neutral zone several times a game to just do....nothing with it...not sure what's up with him

Reactions: CDN24

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
There's no reason for it to be on the Sunday other than the Panthers wanting it to be. The Leafs and Rogers would 10000% prefer a Saturday lol.

Yes, but here's the thing: the Miami Heat wanted to play on Saturday. NBA takes precedence over NHL in the US. Pro basketball pulls in over double the revenue of pro hockey.

I mean, you have proof of this, right?

Because I saw Tkachuk cross check Matthews in the face and open up a 50-inch cut over his eye before murdering Mitch Marner with his own skate. I just can't find the video.

What Leaf fans are complaining about the officiating. Or are you just making stuff up?

• Haha
Reactions: Just Rude

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Does anyone else get a 21-22 Panthers feeling about the Leafs this year? Winning a round was all they were focused on and once they got to the second round they got stomped because they had already "achieved their goal"?
The only people that think/say that are non-Leaf fans and maybe some media looking for clicks.

The players were extremely candid that they saw the round 1 win as step one and think they are good enough to go the distance.

Leaf fans are happy to get past the first round, but will still consider the season relatively disappointing if they lost in round 2. You can be excited about something that hasn't happened in nearly 20 years and still realize that isn't the goal.

Just feels like this is a narrative being pushed by some media/other fans... When players said before the playoffs the goal (and what they see their potential as) is to win four series, people were telling them to focus on one. Now, apparently they only care about winning round 1?

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
We must cater to the small market vulnerabilities always it seems. One benefit of Boston winning is we would have had more prime time slotting.

Does anyone else get a 21-22 Panthers feeling about the Leafs this year? Winning a round was all they were focused on and once they got to the second round they got stomped because they had already "achieved their goal"?
Because they lost a very close round 2 game 1?

lol this has gotta be trolling

Reactions: seventieslord

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
The Leafs didn't lose because of refereeing guys. It's not like they scored on their PPs anyway.

Their blueline is too slow to beat the Panther's forecheck. And they have a line's worth of forwards who are simply too underskilled to play at the playoff pace. They went out and got guys like Lafferty, ZAR, and Acciari because they're "hard" playoff style players, but they don't have the ability to make clean exits out of the zone and just get hemmed in every shift. Even Acciari, people like him because he has a couple goals and hits, but if you actually look at his body of work he's pretty much always stuck in his end.

And they shipped out Engvall, a guy who doesn't hit, but at the very least can transport the puck from their zone of the Ozone, setting up a better shift for their stars.

• Haha
Reactions: Just Rude

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Hilarious that this keeps getting repeated when the double minor happened with 20 seconds left in a 4-2 game - get over it!

What difference does it make if the penalty happens 30 seconds before the game or five minutes or whenever? They called it. They didn't call any of the hooks or intereferences on Toronto. Hope you enjoy having the refs in your pocket once again, you'll need it.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
What difference does it make if the penalty happens 30 seconds before the game or five minutes or whenever? They called it. They didn't call any of the hooks or intereferences on Toronto. Hope you enjoy having the refs in your pocket once again, you'll need it.
:laugh: alright dude

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Yes, but here's the thing: the Miami Heat wanted to play on Saturday. NBA takes precedence over NHL in the US. Pro basketball pulls in over double the revenue of pro hockey.
Different city, different arena, different game time. Could have easily worked.

Either way, there's no reason to then wait till Wednesday for Game 4.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Classroom? I'm 42. It's just common sense. The panther is a tropical animal. Florida is the only subtropical state in the U.S. Florida should be the only Panthers. It's not our fault that other teams have ridiculous names. A lion for Penn State is the most ridiculous one of all.
Penn State’s mascot lion is a Nittany Lion, which from the logo is another name for mountain lion/cougar.

Sharkbomb

Jul 20, 2022
The Panthers forecheck is brutal and unrelenting and its going to make the Leafs life miserable all series long. On the other hand, the penalty kill is shit, and that is the key to Toronto winning. They looked lethal in the first three power plays of game 1 and when they had an empty net, Vezina Bob is the only reason that didn't end in disaster for Florida. If the Panthers can stay off the penalty box, they will win, but if they are giving Toronto 3-4 power plays per game its going to get real ugly real fast. And its precisely Florida's aggressive checking that makes them susceptible to committing penalties, so they need to be very disciplined.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad