ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Guess ROR is going to have to take care of Tkachuk rather than Bergeron. Might be harder as Tkachuk isn't 47.
Mitch Marner or Matthews most likely. Doubt they match 3rd line against Tkachuk but it will of course happen throughout.

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
I don't see how Bobrovsky is supposed to keep up with Samsonov.
I'm not looking up any stats now but I'm expecting the Leafs to have a couple of field days at his expense.
And I'm not really expecting the Panthers' defense to be able to assist as much as they need to.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
It’s funny how someone has an opinion counter to the Leafs and it’s somehow always construed as trolling by the Leaf fanboys who cannot believe that there are actually other fans of other teams.

Bennett and Tkachuk are a special version of a pest that your boys haven’t seen before outside of perhaps Marchand and you haven’t handled him all that well, have you.

Florida is going to win. Go Cats!
Another incredibly impartial opinion from you. Leafs went 3-0-1 against them this year. Very scary. TChuk played on Marner's line in London.

Anyway, I enjoy watching Florida games. Far more exciting than watching the B's. Going to be an entertaining series. Anyone can beat anyone as proven yet once again last night.

Last edited:
Reactions: BayStBullies

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I'm not looking up any stats now but I'm expecting the Leafs to have a couple of field days at his expense.
And I'm not really expecting the Panthers' defense to be able to assist as much as they need to.

He kept up with Samsonov pretty well in the FLA/WAS series last playoffs, IMO.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

The thing with Bob is he is soft as hell mentally. When things don't go his way he folds. Who do the Panthers have to turn to if he does? Lyon is a 30 year old AHLer who had a good 10 games

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Not sure why people keep saying this as a gotcha. Bruins choked which is why it was such a notable event. No one is going to be surprised if the Leafs beat the Panthers because they are the favorites and should beat them

So...do I understand that if Panthers beat Leafs (not saying it is going to happen) it's because Leafs will have choked just as much as Bruins ? (Boston fan here btw who really believed his team could get rid of Panthers in 5 games or less).

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
any guesses on your teams opening night line up?
I am thinking
Bunting/Jarnkrok-Matthews-Marner
Knies-Tavares-Nylander
Jarnkrok/Bunting-ROR-Accairi
Kerfoot-Kampf-Lafferty>went with Lafferty over ZAR due to Lafferty's speed advantage

Rielly-Brodie
McCabe-Lilj
Gio-Schenn

Sammy
Woll

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
I am thinking
Bunting-Matthews-Marner
Knies-Tavares-Nylander
Jarnkrok-ROR-Accairi
Kerfoot-Kampf-Lafferty>went with Lafferty over ZAR due to Lafferty's speed advantage

Rielly-Brodie
McCabe-Lilj
Gio-Schenn

Sammy
Woll

Our practice lines are supposedly (edit: which can obv. change of course):

Knies-Matthews-Nylander
Jarnkrok-Tavares-Marner
Bunting-O’Reilly-Acciari
Aston-Reese-Kampf-Kerfoot

McCabe-Brodie
Rielly-Schenn
Giordano-Liljegren

Samsonov
Woll

Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
So...do I understand that if Panthers beat Leafs (not saying it is going to happen) it's because Leafs will have choked just as much as Bruins ? (Boston fan here btw who really believed his team could get rid of Panthers in 5 games or less).

Unless the entire Leaf team is decimated with injuries ala Tavares in the Habs series, yes. They are the better team on paper and play a playoff style

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
I am thinking
Bunting-Matthews-Marner
Knies-Tavares-Nylander
Jarnkrok-ROR-Accairi

Rielly-Brodie
McCabe-Lilj
Gio-Schenn

Sammy
Woll

Nope

We might go back to 11-7. Rielly/Schenn and McCabe/Brodie are locked in. Knies skated with Matthews in game 7.

Reactions: Deadly Dogma

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Our practice lines are supposedly (edit: which can obv. change of course):

Knies-Matthews-Nylander
Jarnkrok-Tavares-Marner
Bunting-O’Reilly-Acciari
Aston-Reese-Kampf-Kerfoot

McCabe-Brodie
Rielly-Schenn
Giordano-Liljegren

Samsonov
Woll
that works too but I would rather see Lafferty instead of ZAR. Its got 2 centers per line so thats nice.

Reactions: The Management

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !

Having watched all Tampa-Toronto games because they were on the offdays from Boston-Florida, I wouldn't really count Samsonov as an advantage in this series. Not that Panthers goalie situation is any better.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Another incredibly impartial opinion from you. You are going to make a bundle betting the Cats on any of the sites the NHL throws down our throats. Pretty sure they were both in the line up when the Leafs went 3-0-1 against them this year. Very scary. TChuk played on Marner's line in London.

Anyway, I enjoy watching Florida games. Far more exciting than watching the B's. Going to be an entertaining series. Anyone can beat anyone as proven yet once again last night.

The Leafs are favourites certainly. Your Regular season record vs Florida now means nothing, just ask Boston. Tkachuk should know how to best get under Marners skin then, probably has some juicy liners waiting just for him.

Seriously I hate the Leafs so I cheer for anyone they play other than Calgary, then I just wish for an earthquake to hit the arena.

But Tkachuk and Bennett will make you hate them before this is over, win or lose.

Best of luck, should be a good series.

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
In 2019 after Columbus swept the Lightning they fizzled out in the second round.

Let's not act like the Panthers are automatic favorites because they beat Boston in 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad