ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Judging by the multiple threads I've read and countless comments, Leaf fans think this will be an easy series.

Hope it doesn't bite them in the ass

Dabeast

Jun 13, 2014
South Florida
On paper the Leafs should win this, we are just as fast, if not quicker, we are just as gritty, if not grittier and factor in how crisp each team was as a 5 man unit, I like our chances but as the 1st round showed us anything can happen.
I have no problem saying Toronto is better on paper and were better in the regular season. However, I also don’t really care about that at this point lol

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So I assume it's Bobcat's net to lose, and not going back to Lyon in Game 1?

TF1970

May 9, 2021
if florida can get saves, they'll give toronto a run for their money i think. but if not, this one could be short. just my initial overarching thought.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Good to see Matthews and Marner overcome their label as playoff chokers.

Capture4.jpg

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
It was only a 1 goal game because Boston was gifted a few powerplays.

When Florida took a 2-0 lead, Boston couldn't even complete a pass.
Like Toronto were not "gifted" powerplays versus Tampa? You shouldn't be throwing stones

if florida can get saves, they'll give toronto a run for their money i think. but if not, this one could be short. just my initial overarching thought.
How confident are you about Samsonov?

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Judging by the multiple threads I've read and countless comments, Leaf fans think this will be an easy series.

Hope it doesn't bite them in the ass
You're reading different threads than the rest of us then. Or you're strictly focusing on the loud minority.

This should be another long drawn out war on the Eastern front. Goaltending likely to be the deciding factor.

Reactions: BayStBullies

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Like Toronto were not "gifted" powerplays versus Tampa? You shouldn't be throwing stones

They weren't. If anything Tampa was gifted a bunch of free powerplays. Both teams finished with the same number of powerplays, but Tampa's calls were weaker. Even Gretzky and Chelios called them out.

On the other hand, Boston lead the playoffs in powerplay opportunities. Huge disparity from the amount Florida got.

Reactions: BayStBullies

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I don’t actually! Thought it’s because Leaf’s wither up and die every year. (Sorry I’m not trying to be rude with you but that was too good an opening you left lol )

Seriously though to all Leaf fans who think I’m trolling - I absolutely am not.

Bennett and Tkachuk are two special kind of pests and they will drive you crazy and know why we hated them so much here in Edmonton.

I predicted at the beginning of the year it would be a Tor Edm final and still think that but I do want to see the Cats upset you just as I’m sure you want the Knights to beat us.

So Go Cats and for the first time in my life I am cheering for Tkachuk. Hell has indeed frozen over.
Ok here it is as I remember it, For context Canada was formed in 1867 and didn't really spend on military, so when WWI rolls around, Canada being a Commonwealth country sent troops. But their uniforms didn't even say Canada on them yet, just a red maple Leaf on the shoulder.
At that time (early 1915ish) you had British and French troops starting trenches. So by then the Germans were using Gas to great effect. Pretty much every time they used it they gained ground.
So now the Canadians are positioned with the French, the Germans attacked with gas, the French ran, the Canadians(who didn't even have chemical protective gear) figured f*** it, lets charge if we are going to die anyway.
So the Germans see all these wretching, coughing dying men in a full on charge an the Germans broke rank en-masse and the Canadians ended up gaining a good chunk of ground and taking a large amount of prisoners. Since the war was in France, they generally dealt with prisoners. Well when the French were interrogating the Germans, they were terrified of these insane soldiers and the Germans had no idea what country they were from, just that if you saw that Maple Leaf... run!!!

Con Smythe was a Canadian soldier in WW1 and this got back to the Canadians and it was a real source of pride, so when he bought the team, he changed the name to the Maple leafs.

Reactions: TorMapleJays

Strangle

May 4, 2009

Goaltending and special teams have been Toronto’s kryptonite in the playoffs.

I don’t think this series will be much different. To beat Toronto you need to stifle their powerplay, score on your powerplays and you need your goalie to come up big in 2-3 games.

Otherwise, good f***ing luck

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
The leafs have slayed the dragon but this core has never played more than 7 games in the playoffs. Looks like leaf fans are underestimating this matchup. Goalies will be a big xfactor in this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad