ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Leaf fans who think we are going to steamroll the Cats are going to be in for a rude awakening.

This is a very good hockey team.

We just won our first series in almost two decades. Let's act like we've been there before (even though we haven't).
So other fans can be confident but the second we show any of that we get the “act like you’ve been there before line” the fans don’t play the games. If fans are confident let them be. I don’t think the Leafs will steam roll or sweep but I do think they are the better team and I have them winning in 6

Reactions: BayStBullies

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
So other fans can be confident but the second we show any of that we get the “act like you’ve been there before line” the fans don’t play the games. If fans are confident let them be. I don’t think the Leafs will steam roll or sweep but I do think they are the better team and I have them winning in 6
No, we must gatekeep how fans feel around here

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Do you feel better getting all that off your chest, seems like it’s been bothering you for a while.

Merely answering a couple questions posed by an inquisitive Leafer.

Sorry that you folks in the Centre of the Universe don’t know your hockey history outside of your own postal code.

Reactions: Deadly Dogma

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I'm not talking about individual players. I'm talking about style of play. Tampa wanted to play low-event hockey. And for the most part, they did just that very well. The Leafs were able to battle through and score the big goals.

I think the Panthers will be more willing to open things up and trade chances. So I expect there to be more mistakes (by both teams) and more goals.
that is 1 area you may find success, If Holl gets back in, attack him with speed, he is HORRIBLE at making the turn. Our other guys (outside of Schenn) are pretty good at dealing with speed, but IMO you guys could feast on Holl with speed.
However trying to use speed and go between the boards and Schenn is going to make for some HUGE hits

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I got one for ya

CC6qYIjUEAAZzoG.jpg

Hey we make no bones that we were shit.

Doesn’t hurt my feelings, or McDavids.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
You don’t think the leafs will be flying after beating Tampa and getting past the first round for the first time in this core’s entire career?
And you don't think the Panthers will be flying after beating the Bruins and redeeming themselves for their 1st round exit last year after winning the President's trophy?

Reactions: YukonCornelius

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Not what I'm suggesting. I have the Leafs in 6 as well. I just think SOME fans should be a little more humble. That's all.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
After seeing everyone pick Boston in 4 or 5 there’s nothing I love more than all the Leafs in 5 comments
On paper the Leafs should win this, we are just as fast, if not quicker, we are just as gritty, if not grittier and factor in how crisp each team was as a 5 man unit, I like our chances but as the 1st round showed us anything can happen.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
And you don't think the Panthers will be flying after beating the Bruins and redeeming themselves for their 1st round exit last year after winning the President's trophy?

I think they’ll fly, I think they’ll lose, but I’m sure they’ll play hard

Seras

Dubas supporter
Sep 1, 2015
New Westminster, BC. Canada
The Leafs better be ready to play physical. If not the Panthers are going to man handle them. They aren't going to be playing back and forth hockey, it'll be a slow dump and chase, physical, methodical series. Im not sure that the leafs have the personel for that type of series.

That might happen when the Panthers have the puck.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Do you know the story of why the Leafs are called the Leafs? Its a pretty bad ass story

I don’t actually! Thought it’s because Leaf’s wither up and die every year. (Sorry I’m not trying to be rude with you but that was too good an opening you left lol )

Seriously though to all Leaf fans who think I’m trolling - I absolutely am not.

Bennett and Tkachuk are two special kind of pests and they will drive you crazy and know why we hated them so much here in Edmonton.

I predicted at the beginning of the year it would be a Tor Edm final and still think that but I do want to see the Cats upset you just as I’m sure you want the Knights to beat us.

So Go Cats and for the first time in my life I am cheering for Tkachuk. Hell has indeed frozen over.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
So a one goal game in game 7 makes them "way better"??? The Bruins lost strictly because their goaltending sucked.

It was only a 1 goal game because Boston was gifted a few powerplays.

When Florida took a 2-0 lead, Boston couldn't even complete a pass.

Reactions: Ratsreign

Seras

Dubas supporter
Sep 1, 2015
New Westminster, BC. Canada
I don’t actually! Thought it’s because Leaf’s wither up and die every year. (Sorry I’m not trying to be rude with you but that was too good an opening you left lol )

Seriously though to all Leaf fans who think I’m trolling - I absolutely am not.

Bennett and Tkachuk are two special kind of pests and they will drive you crazy and know why we hated them so much here in Edmonton.

I predicted at the beginning of the year it would be a Tor Edm final and still think that but I do want to see the Cats upset you just as I’m sure you want the Knights to beat us.

So Go Cats and for the first time in my life I am cheering for Tkachuk. Hell has indeed frozen over.

Toronto also has star players, I'm sure it will be a good series.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Games are not played on paper, paper means nothing
tell that to my 4yr old nephew who recently discovered tic tac toe, he will fight you lol

If we do look a lil more in depth to the systems each team will try to implement, I feel that the Leafs are better suited for what ever the Cats try to bring.

Reactions: KingAlfie11

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
Luck is what won us that series, you don't win 3 OT's without luck.
IMO Tampa was playing better than us.
You need luck to win but Toronto did came through when it matters, they didn't falter

tell that to my 4yr old nephew who recently discovered tic tac toe, he will fight you lol

If we do look a lil more in depth to the systems each team will try to implement, I feel that the Leafs are better suited for what ever the Cats try to bring.
That so good Lol Yeah tictac toe can be a violent game

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad