GDT: ECSF Game 3|Pittsburgh Penguins @ Ottawa Senators|Third Period...andbeyond

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
This is as good as Adams has looked 5-on-5 in quite a while.

Pretty much everyone who's getting ice time has looked great tonight (other than Morrow and maybe Iginla). We're just getting Anderson'd.

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
Ottawa pinched a lot in that last period. They were giving up great chances. Not sure how many odd mans the Pens have had. They just aren't sharp tonight at all. Game has been served on a platter a few times.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
Overreaction much? I never said that anyone should be happy, just that the game was really exciting. You mean to tell me that if you didn't have a rooting interest you wouldn't enjoy it?

yeah, the game is intense, but that doesn't mean all nervousness or criticism of the team/coaching should be disallowed. this game shouldn't be in overtime right now. to dismiss our disappointment over a horrible effort at the end of regulation because the game was intense is borderline condescending.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
so we should all be happy that this game is close when the Pens allowed the game to get tied from a horribly handled POWER PLAY?

oh, i forgot. we're not real fans if we don't just acknowledge that this game is still amazing even though it should be over with the Pens winning in regulation 1-0.

And second game in a row that the Pens used the power play simply to kill time rather than attack. One forechecker in on that rush where the Sens scored??!!!

Prevent defense doesn't work well in football either. This passive crap is pretty damned irritating.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Great vision on CBC of Letang being furious at Malkin for the equalising goal, and Orpik calming Letang down afterwards. Good stuff. Love Brooksie.

Letang's got a really weird fuse. He goes from zero to meltdown in 1 second, but he's back to zero in about 5 more.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I'm convinced Jokinen is hurt a little too much to be effective.

You can chalk it up to Bylsma's love of Glass...but he's barely using Glass tonight.

After Jokinen took that near-knee he was useless in the Isles series and hasn't been given a chance to get back into the line-up since...the practice lines have me really believing that this is one thing that isn't Bylsma just being a dumbass, his best alternative is just legitimately too hurt to help.

I'd still prefer Beau, mind you.

PokeCheck101

Feb 1, 2011
Great vision on CBC of Letang being furious at Malkin for the equalising goal, and Orpik calming Letang down afterwards. Good stuff. Love Brooksie.

Malkin is definitely not a defensive minded player.... He completely dropped the ball on that one. Terrible on the back check at the best of times... When the puck is off his stick he tunes out. Generally speaking it's all about #71.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
yeah, the game is intense, but that doesn't mean all nervousness or criticism of the team/coaching should be disallowed. this game shouldn't be in overtime right now. to dismiss our disappointment over a horrible effort at the end of regulation because the game was intense is borderline condescending.

Except I never even "dismissed your disappointment." Just commented on the game. Apparently voicing an opinion is condescending.

You are reading way to much into that comment, to be honest. I'm sorry if my opinion on the game offended you.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I'm convinced Jokinen is hurt a little too much to be effective.

You can chalk it up to Bylsma's love of Glass...but he's barely using Glass tonight.

After Jokinen took that near-knee he was useless in the Isles series and hasn't been given a chance to get back into the line-up since...the practice lines have me really believing that this is one thing that isn't Bylsma just being a dumbass, his best alternative is just legitimately too hurt to help.

I'd still prefer Beau, mind you.

I think we'd ALL prefer Beau.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Billy G had no issue playing with Crosby when he had something left in the tank. Iginla still looks like he can play, but he is not the "power" forward in the truest sense. I am not alone in thinking he would be good with very good players around him. He simply hasn't matched what Guerin brought to the Pens in 2008 and 2009.I wasn't crazy about the trade, but Ray Shero went all in so I hope he brings more as the playoffs move along. At this point signing him for 5 million for three years to play of the second line is not worth it. Bennett can be developed to play on that wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad