ECQF/MDSF: (M1) Washington Capitals vs (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes | WSH leads 2-1

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
As a player you don’t care who the other player is. If they want smoke, you give it to them.
That's laughable.

How do you know this? I don’t know because I wasn’t on the ice. Do you have some on ice audio we don’t know about or are you just siding with your boy? How do you know Svechnikov is telling the truth? I know I don’t know Ovie personally so I have no idea who is telling the truth. More to the point, get over it. It’s done. As they say, “don’t want nothing, don’t start nothing”, and now the young lad knows.
Watch the video in slow motion. Ovechkin says something to Svech, the rookie nods and then it starts.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Still too lazy to watch it I guess. Oh well...you can lead a horse to water.

Sorry that it doesn't fit your narrative. I've seen the video plenty of times. You don't know what was said before. Anything that you believe is all in your mind, both ways.

But carry on with your poor victimization route. It feels good.

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
Super stars shouldn't fight at all. Svechnikov showed a lot of disrespect for greatest goalscorer after challenging him. Fortunately he got what deserved.
There are conflicting reports here. Rod the bod said Svech was NOT the one who challenged him. Don't know the truth and don't care at this point, but your premise may not be correct.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Classic. You are just embarrassing yourself now.

bnexNcB.gif

Reactions: Neil Racki

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Rod Brind'Amour explicitly said that Ovechkin was lying and he provoked the fight. Svechnikov agreed to fight after being provoked which 1) Svech shouldn't have and 2) Ovechkin should be above.

I'll take Brind'Amour's word over Ovi 10/10 times. But what really matters to the game is what the Canes player's think, and I can 100% guarantee all of you they believe their coach over Ovechkin.

Best of Adam and Joe (April 16th, 2019) :: WRALSportsFan.com - link to audio of interview with Brind'Amour

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
There are conflicting reports here. Rod the bod said Svech was NOT the one who challenged him. Don't know the truth and don't care at this point, but your premise may not be correct.
Ovi was there, Rod wasn’t

Unless he followed up his initial press conference stating he spoke with Svech about who started it, I’m 90% sure he just watched the video like Canes fans and had his opinion

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Rod Brind'Amour explicitly said that Ovechkin was lying and he provoked the fight. Svechnikov agreed to fight after being provoked which 1) Svech shouldn't have and 2) Ovechkin should be above.

I'll take Brind'Amour's word over Ovi 10/10 times. But what really matters to the game is what the Canes player's think, and I can 100% guarantee all of you they believe their coach over Ovechkin.

How the hell would Rod Brind'Amour know 100% what was said. He wasn't near there. He's relying on his player's word, as well he should. He should back his guy.

But you can't take Rod Brind'Amour's word 100%.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC

Best of Adam and Joe (April 16th, 2019) :: WRALSportsFan.com - link to audio of interview with Brind'Amour
Who cares?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

Ahoy there

Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
There was no call on the flying elbow. You might want to pay more attention to the game.
If you need me to snip and paste it I'll gladly do it for you. He was called for a penalty. Check the boxscore and maybe do it prior to puffing up and being wrong. It's not a great look to be wrong when being condescending.

Ahoy there

Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
Ovi was there, Rod wasn’t

Unless he followed up his initial press conference stating he spoke with Svech about who started it, I’m 90% sure he just watched the video like Canes fans and had his opinion
Cool. Can you ask Roddie what tie he's wearing tonight seeing you're close enough to him to make a 90% prediction of his actions? Thanks.

Ahoy there

Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
Canes fans turning a blind eye to the dirtiest hit of this series, Hamilton’s blatant elbow to the head of Kuznetsov. Guy takes all day to line up the hit and decides to bring his elbow up an extra foot to Kuznetsov’s face. But yeah sure, the Caps are the only team playing dirty in this series.
Nope. Dirty play on both sides; just like in every series. Players will go as far as officiating allow them. "Dirtiest" hit of the series? L.O.L.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Svech: Let's go b**ch! (Давай, блядь! Давай! / Davai blyat'! Davai!)
Ovi: Really? (Давай? / Davai?)
Svech: Yeah! (Давай! / Davai!)
That was their dialog before the fight.
TIL you can use 'davai' for just about anything in Russian.

"I have some terrible news... I'm afraid, you are HIV.. davai" ":).... :confused:... :eek:....:)....:confused:.....:eek:"

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad