ECQF/MDSF: (M1) Washington Capitals vs (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes | WSH leads 2-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
I hate saying this as an Ovi fan but that fight that the other day was cheap and a huge disgrace. I really hate saying this but it looks like choosing a weak easy opponent on purpose after going years without a fight.
Ovi should fight Jamie Benn and see what happens.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
I hate saying this as an Ovi fan but that fight that the other day was cheap and a huge disgrace. I really hate saying this but it looks like choosing a weak easy opponent on purpose after going years without a fight.
Ovi should fight Jamie Benn and see what happens.
Super stars shouldn't fight at all. Svechnikov showed a lot of disrespect for greatest goalscorer after challenging him. Fortunately he got what deserved.

Ikazuchi

May 3, 2013
Moscow
Oh, well. It's really strange that none of you were in ovechkin's shoes. When in countryside, there are a lot of guys like svechnikov. A 12-13 yo telling you:lets let going or i will break your face... Then you punches them out cold and that's all. No ovechkin's fault.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I’m not sure why you guys are still talking about this fight, two grown professional athletes decided to fight and one got knocked out. That’s that. It looks like Oshie is now on the top line and Wilson has been put on the second line. Not sure why the first line has been good and maybe Reirden wants to get the second line going with Willy on there. Should be a good game Thursday.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Super stars shouldn't fight at all. Svechnikov showed a lot of disrespect for greatest goalscorer after challenging him. Fortunately he got what deserved.
Two points:

1) Ovechkin is not the greatest goalscorer unless you're just referring to the Caps.

2) Svech apparently told Brindy that Ovechkin initiated the fight. Keep in mind whose gloves came flying off first.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2016
Two points:

1) Ovechkin is not the greatest goalscorer unless you're just referring to the Caps.

2) Svech apparently told Brindy that Ovechkin initiated the fight. Keep in mind whose gloves came flying off first.
Also how did Svech show disrespect? Cant play hard and gritty against Ovi because he is the best goal scorer in the NHL right now?

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Also how did Svech show disrespect? Cant play hard and gritty against Ovi because he is the best goal scorer in the NHL right now?
Agreed, that's just nonsensical.

In the 3rd, Wilson challenged Williams to go. They chirped back and forth but Williams is the C, a former teammate and a non-fighter. Where are the cries about disrespect for that challenge? Oh yeah....nowhere.

Dec 19, 2008
NoVA
19 year old rookie's should know their place. It is why all teams mess with rookies non-stop. Ovechkin is a first ballot HOFer.... wtf has Svech done?

You can absolutely play hard and gritty against anybody you like... but you have to know your opponent. Are they going to hit you harder than you are capable of right back? Will you get your face smashed in if you take it a step too far?

I am amazed at the level of bitching in this thread about this fight. Two guys wanted to go... they went... one lost.

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
I can understand if Caniacs are still unhappy about it but I don't know why Caps fans are still talking about it. Two professional NHL players were pissed at each other and fought. Yeah, one got hurt, it happens.

I like the Caps line-up changes and inparticular the D pairs. Allows Siegenthaler to be eased into action on the bottom pair and if he does well maybe we try him with Carlson next. That, or they can move Orpik up with Carlson and Jensen with Siegs to put guys on their strong sides.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I can understand if Caniacs are still unhappy about it but I don't know why Caps fans are still talking about it. Two professional NHL players were pissed at each other and fought. Yeah, one got hurt, it happens.

I think everyone would be happy to move on, but then you've got morons saying things like Svech "got what he deserved."

Others may be fine with that thought process, but that's ridiculous to me. No one "deserves" a concussion, and certainly not for sticking up for himself.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Caps made some lineup changes during practice, be interesting to see if they can shake off that dud Game 3 and re-assert their dominance in the series

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
I think everyone would be happy to move on, but then you've got morons saying things like Svech "got what he deserved."

Others may be fine with that thought process, but that's ridiculous to me. No one "deserves" a concussion, and certainly not for sticking up for himself.
Sure, that's unnecessary. Especially if the person is implying he deserved to get hurt. Like I said, I can understand you guys' point of view. I didn't like some of things the Canes have done either but oh well.

As I expected the Canes are a tough team to play against. Their forecheck in particular has been very effective. Hoping our lineup changes at D will help us with the breakout.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
I'm so excited for game 4, the Canes have played hard and quite well so far, but despite the Canes playing good hockey, and the Caps not playing good at all, it's 2-1. If the Caps can finally play some decent hockey like everyone knows they can and win tonight to go up 3-1, I don't see the Canes having much of a chance to win the series.

On the flip side, if the caps continue their mediocre and uninterested play, and tonight ends 2-2, then who knows what could happen!

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Canes fans .. get over it. Your boy wanted to go and lost. You guys talk about caps this and caps that .... but totally brush Hamiltons elbow of Kuz under the rug like it didnt happen and that was the dirtiest intent-to-injure play in this series. Funny and sad to see some of you all so offended by the fair fight but in the next breath wish retribution and injury of Alex ... I guess you all havent seen much playoff hockey and dont know what to expect and how to act yet.

Stop crying like perpetual victims. Its hockey.

Its embarrassing. God forbid a Cap actually does something worthy of all this crying and whining.

Actually I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a single Canes fan try to brush what Hamilton did under the rug. It was an elbow and he got a deserved penalty. And since we're able to see and acknowledge when our guy makes a dirty play, we've moved on. Easy as that.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

Seriously. And the second you bring up that, hey maybe its not a good idea to take joy in and say how someone deserved it when they get a concussion, you're met with "get over it loser, your boy lost"

Just a lot of internet tough guys in here.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Agreed, that's just nonsensical.

In the 3rd, Wilson challenged Williams to go. They chirped back and forth but Williams is the C, a former teammate and a non-fighter. Where are the cries about disrespect for that challenge? Oh yeah....nowhere.
When Wilson asks some people if they want to fight it's a rhetorical question

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Two points:

1....OK.

2. Initiate being "You wanna go?" Because at that point, who cares who initiates. Svechnikov nodded and Svechnikov danced. I also don't understand this nonsensical "gloves dropped first" bit, that's 90% of NHL fights, it's about gettin an upper hand once the other guy has agreed.

Are we going to start to complain now that one guy was able to get his elbow pad off while the other guy couldn't because that's literally where we're at.

Buffy

Apr 20, 2012
Actually I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a single Canes fan try to brush what Hamilton did under the rug. It was an elbow and he got a deserved penalty. And since we're able to see and acknowledge when our guy makes a dirty play, we've moved on. Easy as that.
There was no call on the flying elbow. You might want to pay more attention to the game. There have been a lot of uncalled penalties, it's playoff hockey.
I'm hoping the Caps wake up and get the job done.

Reactions: Bob Hadababyitsaboy

Bob Hadababyitsaboy

Mar 8, 2019
Canes fans turning a blind eye to the dirtiest hit of this series, Hamilton’s blatant elbow to the head of Kuznetsov. Guy takes all day to line up the hit and decides to bring his elbow up an extra foot to Kuznetsov’s face. But yeah sure, the Caps are the only team playing dirty in this series.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
There was no call on the flying elbow. You might want to pay more attention to the game. There have been a lot of uncalled penalties, it's playoff hockey.
I'm hoping the Caps wake up and get the job done.

upload_2019-4-18_10-40-25.png

Sure looks like an elbowing penalty was called to me. But what do I know. I'm just some silly Canes fan who should probably be watching NASCAR or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad