ECQF/MDSF: (M1) Washington Capitals vs (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes | WSH leads 2-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoVaCapsFan

Apr 19, 2017
What I love about hockey playoffs is that all the blah blah blah about whether the Caps need to "wake up" or whether the Canes have the Caps' number will be resolved on the ice, tonight and in the following games. We'll have more data tomorrow to evaluate which of the dueling narratives is more accurate. From what I can see, the Canes are a speedy hard-working team with a good system and the discipline to implement it. The Caps have more proven playoff performers, particularly goal scorers, who have shown in the past that they can adapt and rise to a challenge. It's a good matchup and I look forward to watching tonight's game (as long as it's not another beatdown like Monday ;-))

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
Not if we send this guy after him.

D4chideWwAACund
giphy.gif

Ovechkin wrestles bears for breakfast. He fears no man.

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
not Ferland bud, not Ferland...
He wasn't scared of Reaves, or any of the other tough guys in the past who have tried to come after him so I doubt he'll be worried about Ferland ;)

Besides, last I heard Ferland was "a ways off" from being healthy enough to play.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
He wasn't scared of Reaves, or any of the other tough guys in the past who have tried to come after him so I doubt he'll be worried about Ferland ;)

Besides, last I heard Ferland was "a ways off" from being healthy enough to play.
On a serious note, what the hell did Ferland do on that hit? Only saw one angle and nothing looked too crazy.

Still waiting for that 'other gear' from Tampa and Pitt that we heard so often that they had.
From who? Pittsburgh is shot and their shit defense actually got worse due to injury. Tampa looked exactly like they did the back half of the Caps series last year.

Another gear? Ask Jackets about that 2-0 series lead going into OT of g3.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
can'T wait for Ferland to destroy Ovy like he did on Watson earlier this year

Why?

You have a problem with Ove winning a fair fight but have no problem wishing a Cane makes a run and injures Ove?

You alone are giving Canes fans a bad rap on here. id like to see fellow Canes fans telling you to be quiet and sit in the corner.

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
Why?

You have a problem with Ove winning a fair fight but have no problem wishing a Cane makes a run and injures Ove?

You alone are giving Canes fans a bad rap on here. id like to see fellow Canes fans telling you to be quiet and sit in the corner.
Doesn't matter, Ferland ain't doing shit to Ovie. Many bigger and badder guys have tried

Reactions: Neil Racki

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
On a serious note, what the hell did Ferland do on that hit? Only saw one angle and nothing looked too crazy.

He's been playing injured for half the year. He's aggravated it several times already. It's sad, dude plays his heart out, he's finally in line for a payday after making relative peanuts, and at the final moment ever player and GM's worst fear is reified.

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I brought it up in the Caps board thread but why is no one talking about the Fleury cross check right into Oshie’s face? That cross check was on the same level as Kadri’s and I’m surprised we haven’t heard anything about it with the league being so anti head shot/head injury. The puck was no where near the play at the time and it was a horrible penalty. Just thought it was interesting how it seemingly got swept under the rug

Reactions: Bob Hadababyitsaboy

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
oh clearly it was a fair fight, 195 lbs 19 years old getting destroyed by a 230 pound old veteran
I think all 166 of your posts are directed towards this fight. Do you at least have a Word document set up that you can copy and paste the same 3-5 talking points into your new posts? Might save you some time and effort

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
I brought it up in the Caps board thread but why is no one talking about the Fleury cross check right into Oshie’s face? That cross check was on the same level as Kadri’s and I’m surprised we haven’t heard anything about it with the league being so anti head shot/head injury. The puck was no where near the play at the time and it was a horrible penalty. Just thought it was interesting how it seemingly got swept under the rug
That was a bad hit. IIRC no penalty either. Not positive though

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
That was a bad hit. IIRC no penalty either. Not positive though
I think there was a penalty called on the ice. Just was interesting that there wasn’t as much outrage over it as the Hamilton elbow. I thought it at least would have gotten looked at by DoPs but then again they can’t follow their own guidelines correctly. Kadri got his punishment for being a repeat, repeat offender

Ikazuchi

May 3, 2013
Moscow
Two points:

1) Ovechkin is not the greatest goalscorer unless you're just referring to the Caps.

2) Svech apparently told Brindy that Ovechkin initiated the fight. Keep in mind whose gloves came flying off first.
Svechnikov said "davai" first. So, no, OV didb't start the fight. And he is even asked "really?" And svech nodded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad