GDT: ECQF - Game 5 - New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils , 7:30 EST, MSG, ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I tried to search google for someone cutting the hubris, but it turns out no one's ever published a photo of a cake with the word "hubris" on it.

Reactions: will1066

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Oh theres a game today. Now i can be a nervous wreck all day. Great.

Would be nice if the team showed up today. Especially on the PP.

Keys to the game: tarasenko needs to score first goal. We are 2-0 when he does.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
  • Haha
Reactions: Leonardo87

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
I tried to search google for someone cutting the hubris, but it turns out no one's ever published a photo of a cake with the word "hubris" on it.

7jp9k7.jpg

Kane is not going to cut the hubris. Hubris has gotten him pretty far in his career. If Kane did a 23 and Me, it would come back 90% hubris.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I mean, the upside to concern about fatigue is that both Boston and Carolina are going to go at least 6 games as well.

Reactions: will1066

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Its there for the taking.

They won games 1 and 2 on the road in convincing fashion.

Get back to those same habits and do it again tonight, then make up for the BS effort at home coming back 3-2 in Game 6.

The script is there.

Execute. Finish. Killer instinct.

WIN

WIN

MOVE ON

Reactions: nevesis

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I mean, the upside to concern about fatigue is that both Boston and Carolina are going to go at least 6 games as well.
Just feels like another thing to bellyache about for the people who like doing that.

Colorado went 16-4 last year and now suddenly that's the in-vogue secret ingredient.

Meanwhile, since 2014, 5 of the 9 Cup winners played at least 24 games.

Fewer games also doesn't necessarily make the playoffs easier. Colorado's entire team was hurt this year.

Reactions: Atax and Fitzy

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Just feels like another thing to bellyache about for the people who like doing that.

Colorado went 16-4 last year and now suddenly that's the in-vogue secret ingredient.

Meanwhile, since 2014, 5 of the 9 Cup winners played at least 24 games.

Fewer games also doesn't necessarily make the playoffs easier. Colorado's entire team was hurt this year.

I do think that for us last year there was some emotional fatigue from the comebacks, however. You can only play so many elimination games with everything you have before you start to tire.

And yeah I do think that on balance teams give more in elimination than non elimination games.

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I do think that for us last year there was some emotional fatigue from the comebacks, however. You can only play so many elimination games with everything you have before you start to tire.

And yeah I do think that on balance teams give more in elimination than non elimination games.
I could see it having an effect but round 1, not even concluded, is way too early to start thinking about it.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Kane spoke to the team in practice yesterday apparently.

I think youll see a lot more shots on net, but better quality. That was one of the things the Rangers TRIED to do in Game 4 to generate some rebounds, but Kane was one of the only ones that was shooting and timing those shots at the right time. When Rangers were at the front of the net or goalmouth.

There were several shots on Schmid that were from the outside or the point, just thrown on with about .01% chance of going in, and then no one anywhere near the net to get a rebound chance even if Schmid had trouble directing it.

They need to get inside of the Devils D and drive to the net every chance they get, with AND without the puck. That will create more space for creating chances and getting to those rebounds
This has been the critique of their bad games all season(s) long.

I mean if they need Patty Kane to tell them this, @ this point, what's it gonna change? "OH Pat Kane says so... let's FINALLY listen"

I wish that I could believe it'll change anything but I don't.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
7jp9k7.jpg

Kane is not going to cut the hubris. Hubris has gotten him pretty far in his career. If Kane did a 23 and Me, it would come back 90% hubris.
I don't even know what this whole hubris thing is about but the expression on that dude's face ha ha

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Devils contested every foot of ice in Game 4.

They played a near perfect road game despite all of those saying the Rangers were awful. They weren't good, but their lack of team speed was exposed.

Rangers need to create chaos in front of Schmid and put bodies on them every chance they get.

It's not how they're built, but they have no choice, now.

I like Tarasenko's style of play in a game like this.

We could use a Jack Hughes stomach flu, too.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
In the silence of the locker room, a figure appears
It's Herb Brooks, the legendary coach, wiping away their tears
He speaks to the team with a calm and steady voice
"You can still win this, it's not time to rejoice"

For Herb Brooks knows a thing or two about coming back
About digging deep and launching a surprise attack
He reminds them of the miracle on ice, the impossible made real
Of how they too can rise up and achieve the greatest deal

He tells them to play with passion, with heart and with soul
To give it their all, to never let go of their goal
To skate with purpose and execute with precision
For in the end, that's what makes a champion's decision

With Herb's words ringing in their ears, they take to the ice
Determined to win, to make the Devils pay the price
They play with fire, with skill and with pride
For they know Herb Brooks is always by their side

In the end, they win the series, against all odds
And they know it's all thanks to the guidance of their hockey gods
For when the chips were down, Herb Brooks came to their aid
And with his inspiration, the Rangers were saved.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad