GDT: ECQF Game 3: Your New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers, 8 PM, ABC/ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If this playoff run even lasts past one series with Schmid winning it he's the starter next year. As it is, it's an open competition.
Honestly, and this was the consensus among most people here in the offseason, as well as through the regular season, the organization didn't acquire Vanecek expected him to be the starter. That's what it seems like. They were definitely banking on Blackwood both returning to pre-covid form, as well as staying somewhat healthy and neither happened. But in the event that both did happen, the organization didn't plan to have Vitek be a 50+ game goalie.

So I definitely they'd like a more even split.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I had to laugh during the game one of the announcers said that Blackwood helped get the Devils into the playoffs, ha ha.

I said at the beginning of the season that for me, all I wanted was for them to make the playoffs. They did, mission accomplished.

I also said that goaltending would be a problem for the Devils because of Blackwood. Vanecek surprised all if us as had Schmid. Blackwood delivered as expected, bye bye Blackwood.

It is all good for me at 1-2 for me.

Next season I will expect more, thanks Fitz. Fitz, you must get us some playoff coaches for next season.

Way to go, Devils

Onto game 4 on Monday. They could tie this series up.

Let's Go Devils.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
My wife wasn't happy when I ran upstairs and told her LARGE DOUGLAS won it in overtime at the worlds greatest toilet.

OIP.XtiyG-L0lS4Q_W8S03J2pwHaHW
Make the family breakfast now and have a pint to celebrate! Pancakes for everyone!!!!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Honestly, and this was the consensus among most people here in the offseason, as well as through the regular season, the organization didn't acquire Vanecek expected him to be the starter. That's what it seems like. They were definitely banking on Blackwood both returning to pre-covid form, as well as staying somewhat healthy and neither happened. But in the event that both did happen, the organization didn't plan to have Vitek be a 50+ game goalie.

They're also paying Vitek like a 1B so it isn't really an issue for them if Blackwood gets usurped by Schmid, they spend even less on goaltending anyway and save more money for Timo and whoever else they want to sign.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Vitek was definitely brought in to be part of a tandem.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Also someone work on these guy’s edges next game. Can’t blame it on the ice, the Rangers weren’t on their asses every five seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad