GDT: ECQF Game 3: Your New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers, 8 PM, ABC/ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Why you lying dawg? We all know it's your illegal stream

Actually I was at my parents house watching the game with my family. We left after the third. Got home and to my TV a few minutes before Dougie scored. Turned my TV on then the internet bombed out and the stream box froze. Super annoying.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Sdevils42

Nov 30, 2016
41E8EFC0-4721-4B55-AE2E-6A043788DFA1.jpeg

lightsout

Jul 27, 2007
Don't forget that Dougie was the one who got the puck back to Hughes for the first goal when the Rangers way overplayed their left side and left Jack with room.

It's also easy to forget that Bahl was acquired in the Hall trade. He is the type of prospect every team seems to have, but few actually make it. It's nice when they do make it, especially with his size.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Schmid maintains his 100% SV% against low danger chances. You just don't have to worry about this guy letting in goals from the outside.

Curious, what is considered a low danger chance? Is it based on distance? Just wondering cuz I didn't think the Kreider goal was a high danger chance.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
They’ve got four players guarding the blue line. Our rush game just isn’t there.
We have enough talent to get around that, at least I think we do. It just doesn’t seem like there’s a whole lot of tactical adjustments being made.

Keep in mind that what the rangers are doing also comes at a cost for them offensively. They’ve hardly generated anything at even strength themselves, the biggest difference is that they’re sacrificing it intentionally.

Devils have to break their plan if they want any hope in game four/the series.

DrBSmooth

May 10, 2006
Is it just me or did it seem like Hischier had some iffy plays in the defensive zone late in the game?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Schmid is a .926% in about 973 minutes of NHL icetime this year. That's playoffs and regular season combined.

I'm cautiously optimistic as Blackwood's NHL start/rookie year was similarly impressive and at about 7 months younger than Schmid is now, but I don't think you can leave him off the opening night roster next year.

The GSAx stats on moneypuck that break it down per minute have him near a half a goal saved above expected per 60.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We have enough talent to get around that, at least I think we do. It just doesn’t seem like there’s a whole lot of tactical adjustments being made.

Keep in mind that what the rangers are doing also comes at a cost for them offensively. They’ve hardly generated anything at even strength themselves, the biggest difference is that they’re sacrificing it intentionally.

Devils have to break their plan if they want any hope in game four/the series.

We also have to stay out of the box.

Reactions: MasterofGrond
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad