GDT: ECQF Game 3: Your New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers, 8 PM, ABC/ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Schmid is a .926% in about 973 minutes of NHL icetime this year. That's playoffs and regular season combined.

I'm cautiously optimistic as Blackwood's NHL start/rookie year was similarly impressive and at about 7 months younger than Schmid is now, but I don't think you can leave him off the opening night roster next year.

The GSAx stats on moneypuck that break it down per minute have him near a half a goal saved above expected per 60.

Don't think Blackwood ever did it in a game this big.

Akira has ice water in his veins

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Schmid is a .926% in about 973 minutes of NHL icetime this year. That's playoffs and regular season combined.

I'm cautiously optimistic as Blackwood's NHL start/rookie year was similarly impressive and at about 7 months younger than Schmid is now, but I don't think you can leave him off the opening night roster next year.

The GSAx stats on moneypuck that break it down per minute have him near a half a goal saved above expected per 60.
If this playoff run even lasts past one series with Schmid winning it he's the starter next year, between what he did in the regular season and that, he's seemingly got nothing left to learn in the AHL. As it is, it's an open competition.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
We have enough talent to get around that, at least I think we do. It just doesn’t seem like there’s a whole lot of tactical adjustments being made.

Keep in mind that what the rangers are doing also comes at a cost for them offensively. They’ve hardly generated anything at even strength themselves, the biggest difference is that they’re sacrificing it intentionally.

Devils have to break their plan if they want any hope in game four/the series.
Definitely agree. You see the Rangers use a kind of fulcrum where they make the short pass to the red line but get a forward coming with speed through the seams. I’d like to see them incorporate something like that. Anything to shift the defense and attack it with speed.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Don't think Blackwood ever did it in a game this big.

Akira has ice water in his veins
He definitely didn't

Not that it's his fault, as the team was never really good enough for him to have gotten to an NHL playoff game, at least not in the years he was good.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
1682221101168.jpeg

SWISS SQUAD BABAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad