GDT: ECQF Game 3: Your New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers, 8 PM, ABC/ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hopefully Akira is mad as f*** that he wasn't here to go along with the other Swiss boys to the function they had for them at the consulate general of Switzerland a few weeks back.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Take wood smith and graves out. Wood because he’s literally trash and does nothing but take penalties, smith because he’s not better than siegs or Hughes and takes penalties as well, and graves because he can’t defend on the pk. Insert Siegs and Hughes.

Ruff clearly is dead set in physical hockey for some reason. And it’s blown up in his face, the players faces and the hundreds of thousands of fans faces that expected something way better than what this team has shown.

I expect wood to still be playing and f*** us with another god awful o zone penalty and graves to still be in and f*** us with his weak ass defense on the PK. The reason I expect this is because that but sack behind the bench didn’t think we matched the rangers physicality at all even though we have had close to the same number of hits, or the same number of hits. Rather have the puck more and not hit.

All 3 need to come out because they’re liabilities.
I’m on board with everything you said . 100% Wood Smith Graves should be out and Boqvist Luke am Seigs in . Boqvist has shown all season amd multiple times that he is way more effective than Wood. It feels like Ruff is still waitimg for Wood to magically start playing like he did at the start of the year when the 4th line was playing well.
Id way rather us lose while playing the right players amd the way we played all year than gettig embarrassed playing shit style hockey that does not work while using players that should not be playing .

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Luke? I'm somehow skeptical Siegenthaler and Severson will both play now lol.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I think we'll know in the first 5 minutes how this is gonna go. If they're still playing the same style from the first two games and just "trying to be more physical" or some nonsense, we're in for an unpleasant evening.

Here's hoping Ruff isn't as dumb as we think.

LGD.
this . If same shit as the first two games , it will be a long night for us. All of us can see it from a mile away that plqyjg the way we have so far has got us destroyed . Sure as shit Ruff can see that as well? Or is he too Stubborn to acknowledge that we are not playing the way we need to and he will stick to what has gotten us our asses handed to us so far.

Reactions: Bleedred

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Maybe we should leave Krieder alone in front of the net another 5 or 6 times? That has worked out so well already.

Those passing lanes aren’t going to be completely covered by themselves.

It’s a great strategy, it just feels like watching someone you care about play Russian Roulette because you don’t see the big picture. Or something.

Reactions: My3Sons

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
one benefit to being down 2-0 is i have zero anxiety, unlike the first two games. i feel like i can just enjoy it, and turn it off early if we get blown out. either way, hell of a season.
I was a heck of a lot more calm before this series started. I hadn't expected anything like what we are seeing.

My anxiety level has risen with each period.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I’m on board with everything you said . 100% Wood Smith Graves should be out and Boqvist Luke am Seigs in . Boqvist has shown all season amd multiple times that he is way more effective than Wood. It feels like Ruff is still waitimg for Wood to magically start playing like he did at the start of the year when the 4th line was playing well.
Id way rather us lose while playing the right players amd the way we played all year than gettig embarrassed playing shit style hockey that does not work while using players that should not be playing .

Graves leads the team in both Overall TOI/GP
and PK TOI/GP, so no, he’s not getting healthy scratched.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I also think Schmid is a questionable decision...not necessarily bad, but Vanecek stood on his head for about 20 or so minutes last game and got no goal support. I don't think we can expect a performance from Schmid as good as Vanecek gave us last night.

It wreaks of desperation and goaltending has been the furthest thing down the line in terms of problems.

1. Can't score in general
2. Key players are not performing
3. PP is an embarrassment
4. PK has sucked as bad as the PP

Let's try a new goaltender?

Look I wish the best for Akira tonight and it would be great if he could solidify himself as the goalie of the future but this whole thing is a mess and the circumstances suck balls for him.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
one benefit to being down 2-0 is i have zero anxiety, unlike the first two games. i feel like i can just enjoy it, and turn it off early if we get blown out. either way, hell of a season.

It’s whole lot easier when I don’t have to go to the game (with a several thousand Rangers fans), so this is a lot easier.

So here’s hoping for a classic f*** You Fans series start, with away wins for everyone.

Reactions: MartyOwns

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
squirrel-squad-1-jpg.658487

SWISS SQUAD TIME

May tonight be our Martin Gerber/Cam Ward moment.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
SPREAD OUT THAT SCORING!

Yeah real lot of scoring to spread out there, Lindy - two goals in two games, zero even-strength

Maybe help the scorers score by getting them all on the same lines? Works for other teams.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad