GDT: ECQF Game 3: Your New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers, 8 PM, ABC/ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
Take wood smith and graves out. Wood because he’s literally trash and does nothing but take penalties, smith because he’s not better than siegs or Hughes and takes penalties as well, and graves because he can’t defend on the pk. Insert Siegs and Hughes.

Ruff clearly is dead set in physical hockey for some reason. And it’s blown up in his face, the players faces and the hundreds of thousands of fans faces that expected something way better than what this team has shown.

I expect wood to still be playing and f*** us with another god awful o zone penalty and graves to still be in and f*** us with his weak ass defense on the PK. The reason I expect this is because that but sack behind the bench didn’t think we matched the rangers physicality at all even though we have had close to the same number of hits, or the same number of hits. Rather have the puck more and not hit.

All 3 need to come out because they’re liabilities.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I think we'll know in the first 5 minutes how this is gonna go. If they're still playing the same style from the first two games and just "trying to be more physical" or some nonsense, we're in for an unpleasant evening.

Here's hoping Ruff isn't as dumb as we think.

LGD.

Great username choice.

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
I think we'll know in the first 5 minutes how this is gonna go. If they're still playing the same style from the first two games and just "trying to be more physical" or some nonsense, we're in for an unpleasant evening.

LGD.
He is. He said he didn’t think we matched their physicality in last games presser.

Reactions: Bleedred

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Therrien was fired in the regular season

MY PREDICTION:

DEVILS 7-4 Rag$

the she-stork gets chased... we all call igor she stork now

“we all call igor she stork now”

B92B830B-DC12-43D5-B269-4AA287DF6AC9.gif

Like score prediction tho, let’s go with that.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Thank god the shit bag was pulled in his last game or else we'd be seeing him tonight at MSG to try and save our season.

I said I didn't think we'd see anybody but Vitek unless he was blown up like Kinkaid was the first two games against Tampa. Well......He was, his fault or not. Mostly not, a lot of these goals are on the power play and tips from in front on the power play at that.

Schmid could provide a spark, especially if he plays well like Cory did in the 2018 series, but if we're gonna keep trying out this system or whatever this pathetic excuse of a game plan is, the goalie won't matter, unless he can win us a game 1-0 or 2-1 if we're lucky.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
We are going to need at least 3 goals to win and maybe 4.

Considering that we only have 1 goal in normal game play. It's going to be tough.

I'm not sure why so many of the players are trying to make individual herculean efforts with the puck? Jack's rushes look like year two Jack skating through people pointlessly like Stuart saying "look what I can do'...Nico has even got into the act at times as well. Bratt has been completely ineffective while Meier seems to want to show how tough he is without playing hockey.

If there is a coaching problem its not settling down the room/bench and reeling in these guy's from their amateurish play and stupid individual efforts.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The easiest change to make (Even easier than fixing the penalty kill) is to GO BACK TO THE WAY WE PLAYED THE FIRST 82 GAMES GOD DAMMIT!

WHAT THE f*** IS THIS SHIT WE'VE BEEN PLAYING? ESPECIALLY THE LAST f***IN GAME!

TRASH!

''FIZICALITEE WINNZZZZ INN TEH PLAYOFFFZZZZ''

GO f*** YOURSELF.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
We are going to need at least 3 goals to win and maybe 4.

Considering that we only have 1 goal in normal game play. It's going to be tough.

I'm not sure why so many of the players are trying to make individual herculean efforts with the puck? Jack's rushes look like year two Jack skating through people pointlessly like Stuart saying "look what I can do'...Nico has even got into the act at times as well. Bratt has been completely ineffective while Meier seems to want to show how tough he is without playing hockey.

If there is a coaching problem its not settling down the room/bench and reeling in these guy's from their amateurish play and stupid individual efforts.
You’re so close to acknowledging it. Lol

Reactions: My3Sons

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
A question for the hockey historians: Has there ever been a firing of a coach in the NHL (or in one of the major european hockey leagues Finland, Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, Czech) during the playoffs?
I wouldn’t fire Ruff right nkw but I’d make him sit at the end o the bench and have the assistants make the calls. Ruff has no clue how to counter what the Rangers are doing amd we are letting the Rangers dictate the style of play . The kids have no clue what they are supposed to do rign nkw. Just ice the best roster ( no Wood , no Shara , no Smith , dress Boqvist and Luke , play Bahl and scratch ?? For Luke . Get them to play nkw they played all year …

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
1 goal from Haula of all people in regular game play in 120 minutes.

These players saw real resistance for the first time in their lives and crapped themselves.
The only top player on our team that has never been in the playoffs is Jack. You can put Bratt in that camp too if you want since he only got one game in five years ago. Every other one of our top players has played in the playoffs before. Nico only played five games but against a much better team in the playoffs than these rangers.

NHL Fanatik

Off the Naughty List
Mar 1, 2023
circa 2011

LGD.
They could win out until the Cup is in Jersey starting tonight and Ruff would atill be a big dummy for starting the first two games the way he did

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
Feels like we went from one of the best skating teams in the league to a slow ass team that cannot skate anymore. Enough with this shit, skate for the love of God and make the Rangers go in circles like in the regular season.

Also Lindy, time for Luke back there, make the kid play!!!

LGD

I blame myself for being down 0-2. I haven't missed a game in years and I didn't get to watch either game so far. I was in LV for meetings, but my brother and sister in law took me to the VGK game Thursday night.
View attachment 694076
Make sure you can watch the next 4 wins!!!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I blame myself for being down 0-2. I haven't missed a game in years and I didn't get to watch either game so far. I was in LV for meetings, but my brother and sister in law took me to the VGK game Thursday night.
View attachment 694076
You missed a Devils playoff game to attend a Vegas Golden Knights playoff game????!!!!!!!!!???????????

179605fd8940642f1903a9b77b84957d.png

Haha, but seriously, I've missed some Devils games on TV to go see the Sharks play in Tampa lol. I just wind up using the DVR (now you don't even need to with ESPN+ as they have the replays), unless it's a terrible blowout. I can't keep from not checking the score while I'm at the Sharks game lol.

captainscott12

Jul 13, 2022
The goal is to win the Stanley cup. I. Ant really picture a story w this team where they cruised through the playoffs. All great stories have some adversity. Well here we are. The rangers feel they have this one in the bag. One win by the devils May c
He is. He said he didn’t think we matched their physicality in last games presser.
fine then play lazar he is more physical than wood and he actually plays w aome
Purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad