GDT: ECQF Game 3: Your New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers, 8 PM, ABC/ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Bratt-Timo combo was going ham in OT.

I still have complaints. The interference calls are BS. If you want to call ticky-tack stuff call it fair. You had Rangers grab-butting down the ice with no calls.

Even the broadcast was bias. They said, Timo should of got 1 for goaltender interference. The defender checked him into the goalie and kept him down with cross checks while the goalie punched the crap out of him.

Devils Win! PK wooing in Mr. Rangers face made up for the frustration.

Meier did go fishing a bit after taking the hit

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
If we have figured out their PP for good. This series will ultimately be ours! :nod: Still a tall order and we'll need the hockey gods on our side some but, this shit is doable now!

Their pp still had tons of great looks half went wide but still maybe getting in their heads shutting it down last night I’ll take it.

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
We got some luck with the Meier/Shesterkin, and subsequent powerplay. But you know what? How often has Kreider done the "accidentally on purpose" to goalies? So fine, it was up to us to take advantage of the luck given.

I can't get too caught up on the calls/missed calls. I think it was Mcleoud? That gave a head shot in the first game with no call.

We got a series now. Win/Lose going forward - at least give me games like that.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
giphy.gif

f***ing wired.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I am so happy they won...

But this wasn't a well played game by us or some magnificent goaltending performance.

The only difference between last night and the first two games was our PK was excellent. Had it not been, last night's game would've been exactly the same as the first two.

Had the Rangers converted on a couple of their PPs it's 3 to 1 and then we have to try to skate through their gauntlet and they pick up a couple of extra goals counterpunching. They laid their game plan perfectly again, this time they just didn't get the PP goals they did in the first two games to force us to play from behind and skate through 4 men stacked at the blue line and then collapse to their net.

The lack of scoring is still the issue for us. We can't win games regularly like we did last night.

We looked very good in OT, maybe the best flow and creativity of the entire playoffs was in last night's OT. But if we can't score a few more goals and give our Defense and goaltending some breathing room, it's a matter of time until the Rangers adjust their PP and execute their game plan just like the first two games.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
We got some luck with the Meier/Shesterkin, and subsequent powerplay. But you know what? How often has Kreider done the "accidentally on purpose" to goalies? So fine, it was up to us to take advantage of the luck given.

I can't get too caught up on the calls/missed calls. I think it was Mcleoud? That gave a head shot in the first game with no call.

We got a series now. Win/Lose going forward - at least give me games like that.

This just goes to show how insane hockey officiating is. Meier was checked illegally by Schneider once, falls into the goalie, the goalie punches him twice, Schneider hits him again, and you think that the Devils 'got lucky' to get a power play there. And you aren't wrong, that is often how the game is officiated!

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
This just goes to show how insane hockey officiating is. Meier was checked illegally by Schneider once, falls into the goalie, the goalie punches him twice, Schneider hits him again, and you think that the Devils 'got lucky' to get a power play there. And you aren't wrong, that is often how the game is officiated!

Unrelated - Everytime there was a questionable (IMO) zone entry, I would get happy when the puck was cleared out by NYR. I have too much PTSD from the goals being overturned for offsides.

Reactions: tailfins

Ol Dirty Bstrd

Nov 25, 2007
Let’s call a spade a spade, Meier intentionally fell into Igor. It was a dangerous/borderline dirty play and we lucked out with the result. That said we got the short end of the stick all night on awful officiating so it was nice to be on the other side of it

Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

But this wasn't a well played game by us or some magnificent goaltending performance.

The only difference between last night and the first two games was our PK was excellent. Had it not been, last night's game would've been exactly the same as the first two.

Had the Rangers converted on a couple of their PPs it's 3 to 1 and then we have to try to skate through their gauntlet and they pick up a couple of extra goals counterpunching. They laid their game plan perfectly again, this time they just didn't get the PP goals they did in the first two games to force us to play from behind and skate through 4 men stacked at the blue line and then collapse to their net.

The lack of scoring is still the issue for us. We can't win games regularly like we did last night.

We looked very good in OT, maybe the best flow and creativity of the entire playoffs was in last night's OT. But if we can't score a few more goals and give our Defense and goaltending some breathing room, it's a matter of time until the Rangers adjust their PP and execute their game plan just like the first two games.

You have to start somewhere. We weren't going to figure it all out in one game given how much (aka all of it) went wrong in the first two games.

Had to get back into the series by any means necessary and we have. Overtime was the best period we've played all series. Hopefully they can build upon that for Game 4.

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
Let’s call a spade a spade, Meier intentionally fell into Igor. It was a dangerous/borderline dirty play and we lucked out with the result. That said we got the short end of the stick all night on awful officiating so it was nice to be on the other side of it

"Accidentally on purpose" He was put into that situation by Ranger D, so he said "F it" i'm gonna knock into the goalie.

I don't condone it. But i've also seen it done enough times by other players. So i'll take it.

------

So next Game is a Trouba hit, right? Feels like the timing is right for him to "change the momentum" or something.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

Yeah I really don't feel all that much better after this game. We've been so offensively inept that my one hope now is Schmid just stealing the series

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

Haven't seen the play again but IIRC the puck wasn't that close to this play, which makes it absurd that Meier is expected to fall the right way but Schneider's just allowed to break the rules. What we really got away with on that play is Bahl crunching Panarin after the whistle, but the officials already showed that they do not give a shit about that when Fox hit Hischier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad