ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Bruins in 4, Toronto isn’t even a threat in the playoffs. Team has no heart and no big game players

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Must-win for Toronto tomorrow. If they lose, they are not winning 4 of the next 5 given their recent terrible playoff history....unless Boston suffers a few key injuries.

The Leafs won 4 of 5 last season and the Bruins lost 4 of 5 last season - but getting home ice is definitely an advantage for Toronto

Hopefully Nylander is back

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Shooting percentage is more important than actual goals. Now I've heard everything.
Lmaolol you said some things about his shooting percentage, someone pointed out that your statement wasn’t exactly accurate. No one ever said anything about it being “most important”, which you are trying to spin it into. Just admit you misspoke and move on....
LoL it’s always the same with you.

Reactions: PB37 and Chaos2k7

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Lmaolol you said some things about his shooting percentage, someone pointed out that your statement wasn’t exactly accurate. No one ever said anything about it being “most important”, which you are trying to spin it into. Just admit you misspoke and move on....
LoL it’s always the same with you.

I never said anything about shooting percentage actually.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
You weren’t in a conversation about shooting percentages?
Ok, whatever.

I was pointing out his stats - not his shooting percentage.

It was some Habs fans talking about the importance of shooting percentage which I didn't even acknowledge other than saying 10% shooting percentage against Vezina winners is pretty good in response to his 10% shooting percentage in the playoffs.

I brought up that I'm looking at actual production and not shooting percentage (which I was responding to the entire time) and then somehow shooting percentage became really important.

I personally care more about Matthews actual production than his shooting percentage. Give me a 5% shooting percentage but a goal a game. I had no interest in arguing about his shooting percentage.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I was pointing out his stats - not his shooting percentage.

It was some Habs fans talking about the importance of shooting percentage which I didn't even acknowledge other than saying 10% shooting percentage against Vezina winners is pretty good in response to his 10% shooting percentage in the playoffs.

I brought up that I'm looking at actual production and not shooting percentage (which I was responding to the entire time) and then somehow shooting percentage became really important.

I personally care more about Matthews actual production than his shooting percentage. Give me a 5% shooting percentage but a goal a game.
That’s all beside the point, and I really don’t care about matthews shooting stats.
The statement you made to back up your stance was shown to not be entirely accurate, and you start trying to spin and tap dance, instead of just admitting your stat was a little off.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
That’s all beside the point, and I really don’t care about matthews shooting stats.
The statement you made to back up your stance was shown to not be entirely accurate, and you start trying to spin and tap dance, instead of just admitting your stat was a little off.

My stat said nothing about his shooting percentage. I said his production has been up and it is skewed by his earlier seasons. I'm not sure about his shooting percentage - maybe his shooting percentage was higher when he was a rookie? I haven't actually looked and do not care to look at his shooting percentage when Matthews was a teenager because it doesn't mean anything.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Just curious, who do Montreal fans root for in this series?
I started a thread on the Habs board about this.

I'm going for Toronto because, as an older fan, I'm contractually obligated to hate the Bruins. Seriously. All Montreal birth certificates from the 1960s include an actual clause.

But it's a passionless (and temporary) support for the Leafs. If a Bruins fan makes me laugh or flatters me I might just flip my allegiance and say, "Screw it... go Boston".

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Screenshot_2024-04-22-08-16-20-887.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: GoldenKnight

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Funny thing was in these very threads, a few Leaf fans told us all that the Bruins core was aging and their core was vastly superior. Bergeron, Krejci, Chara, Rask, all of them gone indeed.

And yet....same same.

M
My impression is the Boston organization is better at producing winning hockey players. So when one leaves another steps up. Toronto, otoh, doesn't evidence the same understanding of what winning hockey is.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
As a fan, usually I would love to do the friendly chirp, cheer the boys hard etc and when the series is done, say good series with the opposing side but the Leafs team just doesn't have it, or the core doesn't, the rest has been changed over a decent amount.

I fully expect the Bruins to stomp the Leafs team.

Enjoy your warm up lol.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Boston will win this easily. Toronto just doesnt win in playoffs. 1 series win in the past 3 decades is pathetic. They dont have any players that brings it during playoffs like a Joshua, Miller or Garland. Its the same core of players that have failed multiple times in playoffs with Bertuzzi and Domi added and they are non factors in playoffs. Getring rid of ROR was a big mistake imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad