ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Going back to his Capital days in the playoffs yes. That’s why Washington got rid of him because he self destructs in the playoffs.
Start a loser expect to lose. Yikes. I had no idea. What was Toronto's front office thinking?

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Antics like the ones Domi pulled tonight are completely a waste of effort and time. Hacking, slashing and lip service aren’t intimidating.

Big hits, making players check the ice before receiving a pass and a heavy forecheck are much more intimidating

That made him look dumb, easily distracted and immature.

Bob and 200 others

Apr 30, 2012
Oh man, we're blessed with 4 games tomorrow. 12:30pm - 10pm game that'll end around 12:30am if there's no OT.

Hockey for 12+ hours straight. Sweet
Hopefully they're more exciting than today's games. What wet fart start (say that three times fast) to the playoffs.

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
That's what surprised me most about the game. The Bruins were in playoff mode out of the gate while the Leafs played like it was just another regular season game. Hopefully game 2 will be more competitive after the Leafs regroup. The Leafs' stars need to step it up.
Why would that surprise you? Do you remember last years playoffs?

This core just doesn't have it.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Hopefully they're more exciting than today's games. What wet fart start (say that three times fast) to the playoffs.
TB-FLA, COL-WPG I expect to be great. Obviously everyone expects the Rags to blow away the Caps. Canucks-Nashville should be decent too

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Start a loser expect to lose. Yikes. I had no idea. What was Toronto's front office thinking?

I think if Samsonov was playing behind a great blueline like on Vegas or Dallas, he could put up good numbers because of the system. People were saying that Freddy Andersen was done when he left Toronto and he’s been very solid since joining Carolina. That should not be a surprise.

Unfortunately Samsonov is just not a good fit behind the Leafs defense. He’s not going to give your team that big save at key times of the game or steal games.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Why would that surprise you? Do you remember last years playoffs?

This core just doesn't have it.
It surprised me because I thought they would have learned. Apparently I gave them too much credit. This core continues to disappoint like clockwork.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Ovi is a monster compared to AM. I believe the Caps won the Cup without a great goalie.
1713671193990.png

Braden Holtby was NOT the problem in Washington many of they years. He was quite good in the playoffs, actually.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Leafs made the perfect tank but they had to mess it all up by signing Tavares and trading away their only legit starting goalie in years (Andersen).

I got them in 7 in my bracket but it's starting to feel like a big mistake.

Let's see

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Antics like the ones Domi pulled tonight are completely a waste of effort and time. Hacking, slashing and lip service aren’t intimidating.

Big hits, making players check the ice before receiving a pass and a heavy forecheck are much more intimidating

It didn't make him look that that. It reaffirmed he is that. Big difference.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Yep lol Marchand had a field day with him and didn’t even do anything.

Leafs really shoulda went hard on perry

But their goalies are trash and their defense is trash
I’d prob take bostons top 3 dmen over anyone on torontos defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad