ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Not very well done.

Fg2DsITXkAAa4vG

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
I mean that's been their defence pretty much all year. Giordano and Brodie have been absolute dog shit, their best days are long gone. The D pairs are fine, they aren't elite but they're fine. My concern is Lily, he's still skinny and a bit soft. I imagine they're going to dump it in his corner all game long and lay the body on him. Maybe a couple big turnovers from hits or shying from contact, that should be the game plan for Boston when he's on the ice.
Valid concern, but they are in a tough spot because if they take him out of the lineup, they basically have no puck moving ability on the back end outside of Rielly, and McCabe to an extent.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
Flat. They came out flat. The one thing they absolutely could not get away with in this series... They came out flat.

I get that it's only game 1 but that's as bad a start they could have come out with.

Bruins need to do better from here on out.

Reactions: PaulD

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
The Leafs should have traded for Markstrom at the deadline. The guy put up Vezina numbers this year on a trash Flames team. Markstrom is good enough of a goalie to stand on his head and steal games behind an average blueline.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Someone posted Sammy is 5-11 in the playoffs?

Is that accurate? If so, that's all on a franchise for putting your faith in a loser.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Someone posted Sammy is 5-11 in the playoffs?

Is that accurate? If so, that's all on a franchise for putting your faith in a loser.

Going back to his Capital days in the playoffs yes. That’s why Washington got rid of him because he self destructs in the playoffs.

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Flat. They came out flat. The one thing they absolutely could not get away with in this series... They came out flat.

I get that it's only game 1 but that's as bad a start they could have come out with.

Bruins need to do better from here on out.
That's what surprised me most about the game. The Bruins were in playoff mode out of the gate while the Leafs played like it was just another regular season game. Hopefully game 2 will be more competitive after the Leafs regroup. The Leafs' stars need to step it up.

Reactions: HabsQC

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Even if Nylander isn’t back for Game 2, I would re-unite Marner with Matthews. Need to get this pair going. Your best players need to be your best players.

Reactions: HabsQC

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
I expect a big response from Toronto game 2. Idk if Nylander returns, but that'll give them a much needed boost if so. Their goaltending situation is still suspect.

Bruins need to hopefully bring the same energy from game 1 to game 2. Keep that physicality going! Their own goaltending is a wild card. No idea if they ride Swayman who just had a dynamite game or if they stick with the rumored rotation.

Putting up that performance with Pastrnak getting minimal chances gives me optimism because I do believe he's due to pop off. Powerplay got 2 goals, but needs some better consistency overall. Most of the entries were still dicey.

Pat Maroon is a Boston Bruin!

Reactions: zaYG and BB79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad