Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Game 2 is a must win. We are very unlikely to win 4 of 5 against this team. Tough to say that we're going to be fine after a game like this. We got really overwhelmed.

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
It's one game. You need four to win.

There hasn't been anything to light a fire under this team for a while. We've been sitting pretty since December. I expect a different team to show up Saturday.

Game 2 still starts 0-0.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
In my opinion these are the two plays which changed the momentum.

1) Hainsey not clearing the puck when the score was 1-1.

2) Bergeron not getting a penalty for the faceoff violation, because even Simpson brought it up. If that happens the Bruins can't score and make it 3-1.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Hers what worries me...

When I saw what happened to the Fliers yesterday, I laughed and thought “totally outclassed. They’ll be lucky if it goes 5.”

So... if I were to remain consistent and unbiased....

Yeah.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Series is not over yet, we can take it to em.

Refs let this game get out of hand. They tucked their whistles away in the 1st, but were quick to give us some chincy calls. I hope the reffing will be held at a higher standard going forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Cobra

member 147413

Ugly game, Kadri is an idiot.

Matthews was invisible.

Andersen was flopping everywhere.

Hope they turn things around or it’s gonna be a long off season for the kids.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
i picked leafs in seven.
evidently, some people forgot that the playoffs are seven games, not one.
Doesn't help that we got killed the last 22 minutes (mostly due to penalties) . They looked great for most of the 2nd, didn't convert, then had some silly mistakes late.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
You can’t tell me babcock isn’t trying to throw the game when he’s got komarov on the PP.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Hers what worries me...

When I saw what happened to the Fliers yesterday, I laughed and thought “totally outclassed. They’ll be lucky if it goes 5.”

So... if I were to remain consistent and unbiased....

Yeah.
we weren't really outclassed as a team. Babcock, Andersen, and our special teams were

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Hainsey has been brutal for awhile.

The fact we didnt rest him down the stretch even tho we we're a lock to make the playoffs is headscratching.

With his current play I bet we'd be better if we moved Dermott up to the top pairing with Rielly.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I have to believe we’ll be better on Saturday. We didn’t get much puck luck, Bruins finished their chances. Our penalty kill was trash. Refs have different rule book for each team.

Hopefully Naz isn’t suspended. It’s already BS that Wingels got away with his elbow on Marner. The game-misconduct is punishment enough.

Also, Babs continues to shoot himself and this team in the foot. Komarov on the PP? Playing at all? Our fourth line against their first line? Stupid decisions that cost us.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
They scored on their power plays and we didnt. We had good setup on the PP but couldnt execute cleanly, which is basically the story of the night and it spiraled out of control.

Hyman had a great game, that's all i have left to salvage out of this. Game would have been backwards if we didnt miss those chances. Jvr looked uninspiring and lazy just about everytime he was on the ice which probably didnt help.

Probably the worst game we'll play this series which is good. If Kadri gets suspended my optimism is out the window, he will probably get 1 game. That was clearly dirty, and possibly pre meditated. Guy wanted to run someone over after all the bullshit he'd put up with

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
In my opinion these are the two plays which changed the momentum.

1) Hainsey not clearing the puck when the score was 1-1.

2) Bergeron not getting a penalty for the faceoff violation, because even Simpson brought it up. If that happens the Bruins can't score and make it 3-1.
How about:

Babcock refusing to do an obvious challenge.

?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad