Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary

Sep 1, 2016
Hyman was our best player.....

Zaitsev needs to go
Gardiner need to go
JVR needs to go
Bozak needs to go
Polak needs to go
Komarov needs to go
Plekanec needs to go
Hainsey needs to go

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
We got rattled, started to run around and our systems broke down as a result. Topped off by that Kadri penalty.

We need to keep our composure. We had the game in our hand well into the second period, we just need to continue playing like that and we can get a win.

I'm going to guess that they put Moore in and move Plekanec up. That's a huge loss for us. The other option would be to insert Johnsson and move Nylander into the center spot.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
In my opinion these are the two plays which changed the momentum.

1) Hainsey not clearing the puck when the score was 1-1.

2) Bergeron not getting a penalty for the faceoff violation, because even Simpson brought it up. If that happens the Bruins can't score and make it 3-1.

You nailed it.

Would also add that the boys need to show up and play. Johnsson needs to play as his speed will cause the Bs problems.
Either Leo or Turtleneck needs to sit

Reactions: The Cobra and DanM

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
i picked leafs in seven.
evidently, some people forgot that the playoffs are seven games, not one.

You are not wrong, and in fact you are 100 percent right. One could look at this as a bad game, but they just handed us our lunch. It's not that we lost, it's the way we did.

They beat the crap out of us and shred our team like it was practice.

I hope we win, and hopefully we have a better effort, but that was alarming. The way it was won was very alarming.

Reactions: The Cobra

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Hers what worries me...

When I saw what happened to the Fliers yesterday, I laughed and thought “totally outclassed. They’ll be lucky if it goes 5.”

So... if I were to remain consistent and unbiased....

Yeah.
Thing is this was a game until the penalties in the 3rd. Flyers were done halfway into the first.

Trono

Feb 23, 2011
Ontario
Their pp capitalized and ours didn't. Had chances but you gotta pot one of those when you get back to back powerplays.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015

2) Bergeron not getting a penalty for the faceoff violation, because even Simpson brought it up. If that happens the Bruins can't score and make it 3-1.

I’d say it was the leafs not being able to score on their first three power plays and unable to prevent a goal on their first two penalty kills. It was over after that failed third power play in my opinion.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach

Faceoff violation penalties happen once in blue moon...I duno why the broadcasters are so adamant about bringing that up. On the other hand, if you intentionally bring an opposing non-puck carrier offside, ie interference, that is a penalty. Unfortunately, that penalty is NEVER called but is so much more relevant to play than the power trip linesmen get from calling faceoff violations.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013

What Babcock thinks of the officiating....

He should be looking in a mirror with all the stupidity he displayed today. Buh bye kadri. So instead of Martin slotting in, wellw trade him out for a talented goal scorer. Cause Babs put that on him. And he's a hot head. This was so foreseeable

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Hainsey has been brutal for awhile.

The fact we didnt rest him down the stretch even tho we we're a lock to make the playoffs is headscratching.

With his current play I bet we'd be better if we moved Dermott up to the top pairing with Rielly.

There have been a few head scratching decisions. Not resting Hainsey down the stretch, playing Koma on the PP, playing Polak and Hainsey all 2 mins of a PK.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Hainsey has been brutal for awhile.

The fact we didnt rest him down the stretch even tho we we're a lock to make the playoffs is headscratching.

With his current play I bet we'd be better if we moved Dermott up to the top pairing with Rielly.
I give him a little slack on that 2nd goal because of how long he was on the ice.

Doesn't matter if that was the only minutes he played all game, you're never fresh 1.5+ minutes into a shift.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Ive tried defending the guy but Komorov has to go. 4th line is just plain better with AJ in the lineup.

Enough of the negativity, what are the positives from this game? Who played well?

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Leafs looked like a team that haven't played a game of importance in weeks. They were not prepared, at all, just lazy plays and slow decisions everywhere.

Babcock thinking he is some sort of genius probably didn't help.

kule41

Mar 26, 2008
Hyman was our best player.....

Zaitsev needs to go
Gardiner need to go
JVR needs to go
Bozak needs to go
Polak needs to go
Komarov needs to go
Plekanec needs to go

Hainsey needs to go

All those guys will likely not be on the team next year .

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Things started sliding down hill when the Leafs didn't capitalize, were still playing Harlem Globetrotters on the PP and then Backes scored that ugly PP goal for Boston. That's a big momentum shift that I don't think the kids could handle.

That said, Matthews and Nylander were brutal. Just didn't seem to play with much urgency.

Reactions: Legendary

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Feels bad man. Really rough loss. Not gonna overreact. We'll bounce back. Split is still an option. Put AJ in Babcock, for cryin out loud.

That's it for me, rather avoid seein any hot takes. Gonna go light up a fat dubie then watch the Ducks game.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Ugly game, Kadri is an idiot.

Matthews was invisible.

Andersen was flopping everywhere.

Hope they turn things around or it’s gonna be a long off season for the kids.
Matthews was invisible because he saw the ice for all of 2 minutes in the third period. Don't know if you noticed the 9 minutes of penalty killing

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If Kadri's suspended were in trouble. Top 6 being out is going to be hard to recover from

If worst comes, Johnsson is going to give us a nice look if and when he gets the chance. The more Carl Hagelin type players you have in the lineup, you'll have a chance.

The real waste of space is Plekanec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad