ECF : New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers | Panthers lead 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Ragers are underdogs so far in every single game including game 4. The Panthers are the better team they are just underperforming. The real hockey experts and odds makers all say the Panthers top to bottom is the better team.
Still brings me to tears how much Carolina underperformed last round. Hockey experts and odds makers still in shambles over it. Tough scene.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Dont know if this has been posted, only checked last 4 pages but what a pass/redirect with his skate by Barkov last night. Pretty sure the announcer missed it completely and thought it was just some random bounce.

Finnish broadcaster version:

I thought that was just a fortuitous bounce the first time I saw that. But to see him make a kick pass from that far out is incredible.

He continues to impress these playoffs. It's not necessarily the production either as he's "just" above a PPG. But he looks straight up dominant at times, and thats just offensively. I'm sure if someone really wanted to they could find all the defensive plays he's made this postseason.

Btw, anyone have the shift were he held on to the puck for ages before almost scoring a goal if not for Igor's stick?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Hockey is a game of inches you look at Dallas last night they scored all in one bunch that’s rare. But that gets your attention they look scary. Panthers play a a conservative defensive game. Rangers are a combination of the two of them. Every team has its reasons why they are in the Final four albeit they are all good.

Fans can say act and banter all they want fans don’t have to be good or right. You are asked to be fair and Boston fans and Rangers fans take shots low hitting blows they are the accusers and the accused in this case hypocrites all for the eyes to see. They are the very low life’s they accuse others to be. Go figure.
This….
NHL playoffs is a game of inches and who gets it done…..
Much of the canes series the games were close as well….
NYR needs to fix their PP… if they can start scoring on that again it will be trouble for FLA…
Even though they don’t get same amount of PP time, gotta bury the chances when you get them.
I don’t think rangers were outplayed in Game 2.
I also think they carried much of the 1st half in game 1 but just had no puck luck.

GM 3 panthers had a huge edge in zone time and in shot attempts, but didn’t result into too many high danger chances and great scoring opportunities….
And still, it’s a razor thin 1 goal margin 1 way or the other……

What this playoffs should do is finally put to bed the many posters on HF ( not you specifically cane) that think Lafs season and success is a product of playing with Panarin.
This kid is a stud and a line driver in his own right, plays with an edge and is a talented competitor.
Rangers haven’t had a homegrown draft pick like him in a long long time.
It’s criminal he’s not racking up goals and assists on the 1PP this year/playoffs

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
I thought that was just a fortuitous bounce the first time I saw that. But to see him make a kick pass from that far out is incredible.

He continues to impress these playoffs. It's not necessarily the production either as he's "just" above a PPG. But he looks straight up dominant at times, and thats just offensively. I'm sure if someone really wanted to they could find all the defensive plays he's made this postseason.

Btw, anyone have the shift were he held on to the puck for ages before almost scoring a goal if not for Igor's stick?
He really is the #1 Center for me, i know im biased because hes from my hometown and i have played with him, but i think he is the best player in the world atm.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
NYR has been getting good production out of their bottom 6.

That's the difference and why they are up 2-1.

Good series, even with 2 OT losses.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Ragers are underdogs so far in every single game including game 4. The Panthers are the better team they are just underperforming. The real hockey experts and odds makers all say the Panthers top to bottom is the better team.
The real hockey experts failed to account for Wennberg's bunting skills.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Rangers are underdogs in every game they have played in since 1998. I looked up the stats and the facts.

But hey, life isn't fair and flukes happen. You might even have to add Star or Oiler to the end of your name. You never know!

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Igor is the difference. Bottom six has helped, but it's Igor and it's not close.

Both goalies have played great.

To me, when Florida has put out their 3rd and 4th lines they aren't capitalizing offensively. Rangers have. Rangers bottom 6 players have scored twice in OT.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC

Trouba got nothing on the BAD BOYZ!

"THERE'S SOMETHING ASPIRATIONAL about how Florida plays the game. Something special."

"The Rangers are a formidable, impressive and dynamic opponent capable of overcoming their own flaws and finding success on the toughest nights. " - the lie detector test determined THAT WAS A LIE.

Sdevils42

Nov 30, 2016
Last 3 games have all been carbon copy. Rangers getting caved 5v5 for the most part and Igor standing on his head, truly elite goalie. No way to beat him clean. Think FL is actively trying to score greasy goals, wrap arounds, drive to the net and hunt for rebounds and it seems to be working. Only difference is NY didn't score on it's counterpunches.

I do find it slightly amusing that after they finally lose a game they deserved to lose NYR fans are up in arms about officiating. C'mon, stop...

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Rangers could still very well win this with the goaltending they are getting but they can’t be happy with how they look to have energy for 1 good period a game

If Dallas gets through from the West they are going to keep coming at them with 4 lines

Reactions: RogerRoger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad