ECF : New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers | Panthers lead 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Good teams persevere and find a way to win….
Rangers have done this all year. They have the most comeback wins in the league. They are offensively deep, can score in bunches, and bend but not break thanks to having the best goalie in the world. Shesty may let in a goal here and there, but he is the king of making the “Next” save….
The save that gives the team a chance and the most crucial points in the ebbs and flows of a 60min war.
He’s a tier above Bobrovsky, which many NYR fans were saying at the beginning of the series.

do I think FLA played like the better team in game 3??? Yes.
Both teams had points were they controlled the game… FLA was in on the forecheck more and for longer periods of time. Credit NYR for not breaking…
FLA also got some fortunate puck luck on Reinhardts 2nd and Barkov a goals.
The talking heads are dwelling on NYR giving up a 2 goal lead going into the 3rd…
Yea that can not and should not happen, but they also came back from a 1-0 deficit with FLA having 3 PPs to the rangers O…..

Having 6 PPs to 2 is bad refs ( which is a reoccurring theme in these playoffs all over)
PP chances don’t need to be 50/50 even split, but if you’re telling me the panthers play so clean a game not to at least average 1 penalty per period, you’re lying to yourself.

6-2 PPs def had an affect on lopsided zone time…
The other huge factor is Lavs not running 4 full lines….
It’s leaving the fwds gassed and fatigued at the end of periods….imo that’s a dangerous game he’s playing.

So far I heard “ rangers will lose because we live off the PP”

Well out PP has stunk since GM 2 of the canes series..

“No depth in bottom of line up “
Wrong

“The goalie match up is even, maybe a slight edge to shesty”
Wrong
Bob is prob 3rd best goalie left in the playoffs.
Shesty
Otter
Bob
Skinner/Pikard

Truth be told, rangers have flaws like every other team…. The key is finding a way to win no matter what happens, especially when things go south….. and these guys have been doing it All season long…
Being 4-0 in postseason OT games doesn’t happen by accident..
Luck and bounces are absolutely part of the tonic, but I’m talking about that other part… no matter what, just get it done by any means necessary….

I still hear this garbage even though the Panthers have outscored us on special teams 3-1 and the 1 goal wasn't even a PP goal. And we're outscoring them 5 on 5 and that includes a friggin own goal.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Rangers playing rope a dope just fine. They are taking what Florida gives. Time for Florida's best to step up or it's over in 5
The thing is... all of Florida's best chances were coming from their top players. It's not like they weren't noticeable. Igor just outdid Bobrovsky in this game, and he still gave up 4 goals in the process, something he does not do all that often.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I said at the start of the thread the Rangers would expose the Panthers and they are. Rangers were too rested and took a bit to get going for game 1, but the series is going about as I expected so far.

My advice is to watch Bennett he will for sure be looking to injure a key player tomorrow.
He should have been penalized for a flying hit on Lindgren yesterday but nope, nothing.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
I do, yes, but I'd much rather have some divers than people trying to cause head trauma to others over a game
Of course you do because you actually think he was targeting the head and not just beat on the play and trying to forearm a guy which happens all the time.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
The thing is... all of Florida's best chances were coming from their top players. It's not like they weren't noticeable. Igor just outdid Bobrovsky in this game, and he still gave up 4 goals in the process, something he does not do all that often.
Best players have to get it done, especially now, MT and Barkov were noticeable but didn't get the job done

Captain Monglobster

Nov 9, 2005
Rangers need to figure out a gameplan to stop Barkov/Tkachuk/etc taking it behind the net and then getting the puck to the slot. They chased multiple times leaving the front of the net vacant. If not for Igor game wouldnt have went to OT.

Barkov is legitimately scary coming off the boards. Just cant get the puck off of him.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I said at the start of the thread the Rangers would expose the Panthers and they are. Rangers were too rested and took a bit to get going for game 1, but the series is going about as I expected so far.

My advice is to watch Bennett he will for sure be looking to injure a key player tomorrow.
I think they will try to take Igor out. Igor needs to keep his head on a swivel.

He should have been penalized for a flying hit on Lindgren yesterday but nope, nothing.
It would have been boarding AND charging, four minutes if the refs were consistent judging by the calls on Trouba.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Goodrow delivered what they paid him for and made us love him in Tampa. He shows up when it counts and brings the body every night. Sucks we couldn't afford to keep him and many of the secondary players during our cup runs. Go Goodrow! I still want the Stars and Panthers final to keep the cup from original 6 markets and out of Canada.
You had me until the last sentence.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
And your team are 0-18 in power plays so your a nothing burger and your team is a nothing sandwich it’s all for those to see.

[MOD]

The Rangers who people said can't win without scoring on the Powerplay are outscoring the Panthers on 5 on 5 and winning the series 2-1. This is not the burn you think it is.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I was told the Rangers could only score on the Power Play and yet they're still winning the series. lol
One has nothing to do with another. Panthers are beating you at supposedly your game. You have won in 2 overtime’s and lost at home why would you think you’re so great. You will lose this series and then please don’t hide.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
One has nothing to do with another. Panthers are beating you at supposedly your game. You have won in 2 overtime’s and lost at home why would you think you’re so great. You will lose this series and then please don’t hide.

The Panthers are supposed to be the great 5 on 5 team and the Rangers are outscoring them 5 on 5. Who is beating whom at their own game? Oh and you basically won a 1-0 game. And overtime games don't count? Bro YOUR TEAM WON A FLUKE ASS 11 IN A ROW IN OVERTIME.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Ragers are underdogs so far in every single game including game 4. The Panthers are the better team they are just underperforming. The real hockey experts and odds makers all say the Panthers top to bottom is the better team.

• Haha
Reactions: Siddi

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
You mean like all the Panthers fans who after game 1 said they were going to roll the Rangers and are now nowhere to be found?

The guy you're debating with has almost 53000 posts! I don't think you have to worry about him running and hiding. Can the same be said for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad