GDT: ECF: Game 6 - New York Rangers @ Florida Panthers, 8pm ET, ABC (Tropic Thunder Edition, Do or Die or Do!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
The goaltender counts as part of the contest/team, and we have the better one.
Yes. We also have gotten caved in like 95% of the time in the defensive zone. Thats not close at all. We've been getting destroyed. The goalie keeping the score close doesnt mean the games have been close.

Close to me means we’re creating a ton of chances and bringing it to them. Like a bounce or two away from winning the games. That hasn’t been the case at all. We’ve created very little and have been defending most of the time. We aren’t keeping up at all.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Move the puck quickly. Take a hit to make a play. Tighten the gaps in the neutral zone. Go to the net and let Bob feel it. No perimeter bullshit.

Reactions: Jack Hanson

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Backs to the wall, fat cats beware

2BEC4BB0-36C4-41D1-84EF-CBFD7C0A8E27.gif

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Well it's been a good ride fellas. I don't see a way out but you gotta enjoy when the team goes this deep. Especially when we had so many detractors. Make some changes in the off-season and try again.

I'm trying to remain positive, but we've been to this show before. Once again our backs are against the wall and we're going to have to fight to make it to the first SCF showing in a decade.

Here's to hoping the Rangers don't fall to your namesake tonight,

shout2007

Jul 29, 2007
Long time ranger fan. Had a bad feeling when I woke up this morning until.

Guy comes into my store on long island wearing a Florida Panthers jersey, I say to myself " of course I knew I would see this "
As I am helping him I notice on the back of his phone a giant fishstick logo and players name. I cursed under my breath and say , Buddy you just made it Rangers in 7 you jinx.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hoping the coach will just change some of the things we don't like is futile.

For better or worse, the team wins. They're in the final four again.

Coaching in the NHL is a profession with job security next to nil.

If you come into a team that's winning 50+ games and two rounds regularly, make bold changes, and the team doesn't win, now you're not winning when the last guy did.

It's obviously flawed logic and I obviously understand some of the issues with the team despite winning games, but they just don't hire coaches based on analytics or favorable styles. They hire coaches based on winning and "how" doesn't come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad