GDT: ECF Game 1: Panthers @ Hurricanes | 8:00 p.m. on TNT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
What is the longest cricket, er, hockey game?

Can't cricket games go for days?

Marty will have nightmares tonight.

Marty, Fast, and Jarvis could've had at least 2 goals each.

I found it interesting that so much media focused on Meier whiffing the open net when in the same game Fast had the entire goal open and lifted it.

The one in OT 3 where the puck came across the blue paint and he just needed to tap it in hurt.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
Tkachuk elevated the puck. There were at least 5 times in the OTs where the canes win if they are able to do that.

This was the first time these playoffs where i really, really missed svetch. Obviously i wish he was healthy but so far things have gone well so it has been easy to feel ok(ish) about his absence. But last night just felt like one of those times he would have maybe gone ape and willed one in during sudden death.

GnR taught me to use my illusions, what can i say?

Edit to add - and the one time they did elevate, jarvy went an inch too high and pinged the crossbar! Just wasn't their night.

Last edited:

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015

Love to see it

So Canes statistically dominated but still lost? I am shocked I tell you...SHOCKED
That was probably the best game Andersen played in his life
Finally doesn't suck and then we suck and let him down.

Actually got back from my concert early enough to watch the last half of 1OT...McPing on the PP and then lots of sloppy "wtf are you doing" the last half of the PP and remainder of the period. Unfortunately needing to get up at 6am for a flight dictated I wasn't about to stay up for the rest. Sucks we didn't win, probably could have heard that place erupt here in MD...home ice advantage is now gone, need to head into FLA 1-1 or I fear a sweep

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
I thought we struggled offensively and we were lucky to go to OT. It seemed we had alot of issues with breakouts and clearing the puck. Not sure if it's Florida's aggression or game prep. Offensively it seemed like our D were very cautious and some on offense, Pesce in particular, were duds.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Tkachuk elevated the puck. There were at least 5 times in the OTs where the canes win if they are able to do that.

This was the first time these playoffs where i really, really missed svetch. Obviously i wish he was healthy but so far things have gone well so it has been easy to feel ok(ish) about his absence. But last night just felt like one of those times he would have maybe gone ape and willed one in during sudden death.

If Jarvis had elevated it an inch less on that crossbar dinger it’s over in regulation. (Or was that the first ot? Kind of a blur to me now)

Much like that game we lost at home to the islanders I didn’t see a team that was way better than the canes solidly beating them. They got the bounce this time, that’s all

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Losing a long OT game sucks, but I really don't think it changes a whole lot than if they lost in regulation or OT1. It's game one, if this defeats the players they are mentally weak, and probably should not be professional athletes.

The analytics saying the Canes dominated is extremely misleading, but they played well enough to win. The Panthers got the extra lucky bounce, they didn't do anything that told me the Canes can't win this series.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
If Jarvis had elevated it an inch less on that crossbar dinger it’s over in regulation. (Or was that the first ot? Kind of a blur to me now)

Much like that game we lost at home to the islanders I didn’t see a team that was way better than the canes solidly beating them. They got the bounce this time, that’s all
While I agree, I also didn't see the Canes solidly beating this team either. This is likely to be a long, close series.

And getting back to an earlier question, I definitely think the Canes should start Raanta game 2. Don't want to overwork Andersen to the point of injury, and I think Raanta will play well fresh at home. Could also give the team an extra boost in their step they need after game 1.

Florida is unlikely to turn to Lyon. Wear Bob down and leverage the goalie depth.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

Edit to add - and the one time they did elevate, jarvy went an inch too high and pinged the crossbar! Just wasn't their night.
Our finishing got exposed last night/this morning. Bob is a good enough goalie that you really need to be able to pick your spot and hit it. You can't just chuck shit at the wall from 30 feet away and hope he misses something or gives up a bad rebound. For 95% of the game last night, we made things seriously easy on him, and that's a big f***ing worry going into Game 2 tomorrow.

Aho and Jarvis had the game on their stick multiple times in OT and missed their spots by a foot each time. Necas rang the post a few times. Everyone else was chucking unscreened shit from the point and that ain't getting by Bob.

I hope they got it out of their system in Game 1, because if this continues, we aren't winning the series, and with the goalie they have, might not win a game. Freddie had one of the best games of his career, and we wasted it.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Can we not give up before the series starts dude, please? Come on now.
I'm just making an observation. Games like that historically gut the teams who lose. Game 2 is easily the biggest game of the year for us now. Mainly because the team is physically drained, mentally drained, and Florida is going to be riding one of the highest of highs coming into it. It was already not an easy series before, and we made it that much tougher.

That's also one of those games where if we won, we probably end up winning the series in 5.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
artworks-000195434125-yj63pv-t500x500.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad