Early Predictions for who Wins the 2024-25 Calder Trophy (NHL Rookie of the Year?

Who Wins the Calder Trophy

• Macklin Celebrini (San Jose Sharks)

Votes: 72 18.4%
  • Will Smith (San Jose Sharks)

Votes: 18 4.6%
  • Cutter Gauthier (San Jose Sharks)

Votes: 26 6.6%
  • Matthew Savoie (Edmonton Oilers)

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Matvei Michkov (Philadelphia Flyers)

Votes: 137 34.9%
  • Frank Nazar (Chicago Blackhawks)

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • David Reinbacher (Montreal Canadians)

• Lane Hudson (Montreal Canadians)

Votes: 22 5.6%
  • Shane Wright (Seattle Kraken)

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Jiri Kulich (Buffalo Sabres)

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Joakim Kemell (Nashville Predators)

• Brad Lambert (Winnipeg Jets)

• Cayden Lindstrom (Columbus Blue Jackets)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gavin Brindley (Columbus Blue Jackets)

• Artyom Levshunov (Chicago Blackhawks)

• Seamus Casey (New Jersey Devils)

• Nate Danielson (Detroit Red Wings)

• Marco Kasper (Detroit Red Wings)

• Axel Sandin-Pellika (Detroit Red Wings)

• Scott Morrow (Carolina Hurricanes)

• Brayden Yager (Pittsburgh Penguins)

• Hunter Brzustewicz (Calgary Flames)

• Marat Khusnutdinov (Minnesota Wild)

• Jesper Wallstedt (Minnesota Wild)

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Ivan Miroshnichenko (Washington Capitals

• Logan Stankoven (Dallas Stars)

Votes: 67 17.1%
  • Mavrik Bourque (Dallas Stars)

• Fabian Lysell (Boston Bruins)

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Yaroslav Askarov (Nashville Predators)

• Brennan Othmann (New York Rangers)

• Dustin Wolf (Calgary Flames)

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Liam Ohgren (Minnesota Wild)

• Total voters

Aron Brown

Feb 17, 2020
I took Stankoven, for the Calder. The guy has some experience as well as he is the most high end rookie on such a high end team in Dallas. As well as likely stating the season on a line with a potential star player in Wyatt Johnston. I am thinking it's kind of odd J.Doan and N.Kovelenko are not even listed ? if Kovalenko sticks on the top 2 lines, I can honestly see him being a Dark Horse this year. I actually just looked and daily faceoff has him on the second line with Middlestadt and Lehkonen, and on the second PK. If can see him and Rantanen getting swapped around if Colorado struggles at all, the Aves have been known to split up Mckinnon and Rantanen from time to time. Maybe he even gets some first team PP time as well., we all now how flakey Drouin can be. With Landy injured and Nichushkin out long term there are some real openings. I got to figure that Colorado is still thinking of trying to add another lower end top 6 forward, and moving players like Colton and or Girard.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I took Stankoven, for the Calder. The guy has some experience as well as he is the most high end rookie on such a high end team in Dallas. As well as likely stating the season on a line with a potential star player in Wyatt Johnston. I am thinking it's kind of odd J.Doan and N.Kovelenko are not even listed ? if Kovalenko sticks on the top 2 lines, I can honestly see him being a Dark Horse this year. I actually just looked and daily faceoff has him on the second line with Middlestadt and Lehkonen, and on the second PK. If can see him and Rantanen getting swapped around if Colorado struggles at all, the Aves have been known to split up Mckinnon and Rantanen from time to time. Maybe he even gets some first team PP time as well., we all now how flakey Drouin can be. With Landy injured and Nichushkin out long term there are some real openings. I got to figure that Colorado is still thinking of trying to add another lower end top 6 forward, and moving players like Colton and or Girard.
Was thinking about throwing some $ on Kovalenko (still am) but he’s going to need to have a monster season at his age. Panarin only won it because he was 10th in league scoring AND McDavid got hurt. Kovalenko would have to do similar imo, last year 10th in points was 98.

I do agree he’s a sneaky bet to get some serious opportunities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad