EA Sports CFB 25

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
Got Early Access so I started playing a bit last night. Gameplay is very familiar, yet much improved from the last time I remember it.
I'm three games into my USC dynasty and I'm loving it so far. I'm planning on finishing a season in dynasty mode first to re-familiarize myself with the control before starting a Road to Glory character.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Teambuilder being off until official release really stunts what I can actually do with early access. Boo. Definitely a case where EAS is all hands on deck until the last second here.

There's definitely legal stuff that needs figured out. You can't edit real players and there's no option for entirely fictional rosters. As much as I want the real players in the game and am thrilled they're actually getting paid...I'm way more interested in customization than I am in accuracy, so that's a massive trade-off for me. You can edit fictional players, mostly, but I hate that the powerhouse schools are going to remain powerhouses in my franchise. I guess this means I'll just substitute out the SEC for FCS schools because it's a damn replacement system instead of additional teams. Another editing thing that is just baffling is the inability to edit jersey numbers of anyone - real or fictitious. That's nonsense. It's an extremely minor gripe, but it's absolutely the kind of small thing that's going to infuriate me.

If you're not interested in customization to the extent that I am then these are all minor gripes that can largely be ignored. I haven't had a chance to actually play any games yet.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Teambuilder being off until official release really stunts what I can actually do with early access. Boo. Definitely a case where EAS is all hands on deck until the last second here.

There's definitely legal stuff that needs figured out. You can't edit real players and there's no option for entirely fictional rosters. As much as I want the real players in the game and am thrilled they're actually getting paid...I'm way more interested in customization than I am in accuracy, so that's a massive trade-off for me. You can edit fictional players, mostly, but I hate that the powerhouse schools are going to remain powerhouses in my franchise. I guess this means I'll just substitute out the SEC for FCS schools because it's a damn replacement system instead of additional teams. Another editing thing that is just baffling is the inability to edit jersey numbers of anyone - real or fictitious. That's nonsense. It's an extremely minor gripe, but it's absolutely the kind of small thing that's going to infuriate me.

If you're not interested in customization to the extent that I am then these are all minor gripes that can largely be ignored. I haven't had a chance to actually play any games yet.
What is teambuilder?

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Not surprised to see EA dropping the ball (once again) with another release. I eventually want to get this game, but not right now.

When was the last game they actually had a good release for/with?

What's the issue exactly? Love when people say that the game is broken, but don't list what the issues exactly are as to why they aren't going to purchase it.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I'm having a blast with Dynasty. I think recruiting might be easier than intended (in particular, you can recruit under-scouted 4-star recruits later in the year as 1-star programs), but that should be fixable. At this point, rebuilding a really low ranked program probably requires some self-imposed restrictions (maybe don't go after 4 star recruits until your program has more prestige?), but it doesn't have the Madden issue where you have the best team in the league after 3 years. Improvement is quicker than it should be, but honestly, I'm not sure the customers want realism in this game. People aren't going to want to go through rebuilds that take 10-20 years to really get going.

I really like the gameplay too. Haven't really dived into Road to Glory yet.

Reactions: robertmac43

John Price

gang gang
Sep 19, 2008
revamped passing is f***in impossible to work with.what do all the f***in colors mean. yellow, red,wtf am I supposed to do

• Haha
Reactions: Romang67

John Price

gang gang
Sep 19, 2008
I adjusted to revamped passing, just gotta hold it down to yellow

deep balls are confusing though because if you float it blue you get inaccurate, if you go yellow you hold on too long and Red is wildly inaccurate

Still think it's messed up but whatever. I really don't see a purpose for this, it does nothing I couldn't do with classic.

Anyway biggest gripe now is the kicking meter where I press the cursor in the green in the middle, it ends up to the right, and I miss my kicks wildly despite it being from 37 yards out

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Made a 5 star man to man CB on rtg and started with 83 speed. I'm getting cooked on all routes. It cost so much points to upgrade it too. Please tell me there's a better way to start with better speed

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I really want to know who made the decision to tie TeamBuilder to online franchises. I never, ever want to play anything online for one, so you're just setting up hoops to get me to jump through to play single-player in a lesser way (can only control one team per user ID this way, so mass customization is out the door once you start a file). Now I can't even get into my damn save because of EA's famously stable and unproblematic servers. Apparently this is a wide-spread issue with online franchise saves not being loadable. Brilliant. You know what could have avoided that? OFFLINE f***ING SAVES!

I know this game was lawyered to death, but f***ing hell EA. There's no possible reason to require TeamBuilder to only be usable in an online mode. If they're doing it to prevent copyrighted images then they've already failed miserably. It's obnoxious not being able to use actual FCS school names, but that's nothing compared to not being able to play the damn game.

EA got a lot right, but the shit they got wrong is f***ing baffling.

John Price

gang gang
Sep 19, 2008
I really want to know who made the decision to tie TeamBuilder to online franchises. I never, ever want to play anything online for one, so you're just setting up hoops to get me to jump through to play single-player in a lesser way (can only control one team per user ID this way, so mass customization is out the door once you start a file). Now I can't even get into my damn save because of EA's famously stable and unproblematic servers. Apparently this is a wide-spread issue with online franchise saves not being loadable. Brilliant. You know what could have avoided that? OFFLINE f***ING SAVES!

I know this game was lawyered to death, but f***ing hell EA. There's no possible reason to require TeamBuilder to only be usable in an online mode. If they're doing it to prevent copyrighted images then they've already failed miserably. It's obnoxious not being able to use actual FCS school names, but that's nothing compared to not being able to play the damn game.

EA got a lot right, but the shit they got wrong is f***ing baffling.
yeah the servers were broken in the morning so I just started playing offline dynasty. I was wondering where team builder was. didn't know it was online dynasty feature.

John Price

gang gang
Sep 19, 2008
Defense is pretty tough in this game. Frequently burned for big yards.

That said I was coaching as a coordinator the JMU UVA game. It was 19-14 late and UVA was on the goal line trying to take the lead. It might as well have been over had they scored because I refuse to pause the simulation and take over the offense to lead a comeback. The UVA QB drops to pass, and my corner picks it off and goes 40 yards the other way.

I'm still trying to figure out how to trigger celebrations or how to display the ones with props (Alabama WWE belt, Pitt dunking on the basketball board, etc)

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
Every shortcoming is forgivable to me except for the home stadium advantage. The playbook doesn't show receiver icons when selecting a play, then the home stadium advantage makes the receiver icons disappear both pre snap and during the play. How are you supposed to pass at that point? How did they not include an option to turn this off?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad