EA Sports CFB 25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

It's not Madden
The customization looks to be pretty high, theoretically I could make HF University and put them in another conference :laugh:

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
In one of the early ones I took out a MAC school and inserted a made up one. Not much customization back then, might have had a pick of a few stadiums, but would think this new one will have way more.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

kirk implies there are multiple announce teams which fifa has had for some time.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
What are peoples level of trust with this game? EA has changed a lot since these games stopped coming out. Do you think they will hit or miss on this one?

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

What are peoples level of trust with this game? EA has changed a lot since these games stopped coming out. Do you think they will hit or miss on this one?

Based on all the leaks and rumors it appears to be a very solid game and different from typical EA games.

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
As a college fan more than the pros, I've always played NCAA over Madden, so it's been 10 years since I last played a football game.
Can't wait to actually play the game with real player names instead of QB#13 or having to change the roster around.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I could careless about the sport itself, but I had EA NCAAFB 2005 randomly and I played the hell out of that. I loved that you could've created your own team/school and could make your own season schedule. I do have a problem with this one, it probably will have the same mechanics as the modern Madden games have and I heard that these modern Maddens are so bad.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
So far it's looking really promising. I won't be buying at launch as I want to see some reviews first.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I'm surprised that I'm actually excited for a football game for nearly the first time in a decade. My interest in football is probably 1/10 of what it was the last time one of these was released, closer to 1/100 for the college game. There's a multitude of reasons for that, but my interest in the college game basically disappeared around the same time these games ceased being made and I doubt that's a coincidence. Being a fan of an FCS team from 1,000+ miles away just wasn't fun in the days before ESPN3 carried so much (it's only been the past couple of years Montana games have been viewable for me without needing to pay out the ass for a service that didn't work half the time) and I'd mostly lost the passion in the interim.

The level of customization is what is doing it for me. Letting me play as Montana without Montana being in the base game gets it done.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I've been getting the impression that this is very much a project that they flat out want to get right on year one of bringing it back.

That said I fully expect any kind of online PvP play to be a microtransaction hellscape as per the usual with EA anymore, so I'll mostly be sticking to solo play and maybe some online dynasty play if that doesn't seem to be the same level of disaster. Hell even the last version of the series that came out was already a preview of the microtransaction shit show we've come to expect from EA.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm interested to see what they do with the Online Dynasty mode and if they have an Ultimate Team mode as well. I don't care for college football at all but if this game has a successful online dynasty maybe they bring it back to the NHL games.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I've been getting the impression that this is very much a project that they flat out want to get right on year one of bringing it back.

That said I fully expect any kind of online PvP play to be a microtransaction hellscape as per the usual with EA anymore, so I'll mostly be sticking to solo play and maybe some online dynasty play if that doesn't seem to be the same level of disaster. Hell even the last version of the series that came out was already a preview of the microtransaction shit show we've come to expect from EA.

I'm cautious about this series going forward, but from what I've seen I think I mostly trust EA in trying to get it right the first time. There will inevitably be issues here and there, but this really doesn't have the look of a first entry in a decade.

They know the heights this series is capable of and I think they're smart enough to realize that they can't afford to miss a beat with its return if they hope to reach those heights in an even more lucrative market. I'm not expecting the best game ever, or anything of the sort, but I am expecting it to be better than the traditional first sports game on a new generation of hardware.

Microtransactions absolutely have the potential to destroy these games. I don't have faith in EA being able to control themselves there, but even the suits know that they have to have a successful game before they can effectively monetize the shit out of it. It's in everybody's interest to put their best foot forward before you poison the well, to mix metaphors. As someone who exclusively plays single-player modes, I really worry about how EA plans on monetizing a thing I already paid for. At best it'll stick to a mode that inevitably gets the lion's share of their attention and dynasty mode barely gets touched year after year and my interest evaporates. At worst, well, there's always new frontiers of awful for EA to discover.

TLDR; EA knows they're sitting on a cash cow here and there's too much to lose if they release a mediocre first entry. Nail it and you've added another $70/year entry fee plus microtransactions to your portfolio. Release a 6.5/10 and you've already poisoned the well.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad