Value of: Dylan Cozens to the Flames

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Interesting. Rosen seems to be a guy who will provide good secondary offense and be able to be a zone entry guy. What would you think fair value is?
Well thats the funny part. Honestly unless its Coleman I cant imagine the Flames have much to trade. So then its just picks. We drafted and developed him for free to just get a lotto ticket or two....

This has been and will be a problem....we have kulich, rosen, helenius, wahlberg etc knocking on the door and no place to put them because we draft and draft and draft instead of making moves to bring in veteran players to help the bleeding now.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Sure, must be why you offered him for Cozens then. You can keep him. I am sure the contract will be fine when he is 39 years old.
Reading is hard for you hey?

1. My supposed "offer" was saying if the teams were in a certain place that maybe something could be BUILT AROUND those players. It's not like I was suggesting a 1-for-1 trade or anything.
2. Each contract has risks, denying that is just straight up being obtuse.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Reading is hard for you hey?

1. My supposed "offer" was saying if the teams were in a certain place that maybe something could be BUILT AROUND those players. It's not like I was suggesting a 1-for-1 trade or anything.
2. Each contract has risks, denying that is just straight up being obtuse.

Where did the other poster deny that they have risks? The only person being obtuse is you. Nobody wants that contract, especially when Kadri is 39. Implying that these contracts have equal risk is hilarious in a post where you're accusing someone of having poor reading comprehension.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Where did the other poster deny that they have risks? The only person being obtuse is you. Nobody wants that contract, especially when Kadri is 39. Implying that these contracts have equal risk is hilarious in a post where you're accusing someone of having poor reading comprehension.
Really? They seemed to be bothered that I suggested both had risks... and the risks are absolutely close to equal. Cozens hasn't shown he's a legitimate #2C yet and may not even be a long-term center. Kadri is older yes, but he's playing at a significantly higher level than Cozens and there is no reason to suggest that will change in the next couple years. So one either never lives up to the contract, the other just isn't worth it for the final year or 2

But congrats, you got to white knight someone because it's bad to call out stupidity now... and people wonder why society is getting collectively dumber all the time

Grinner

May 31, 2022
Really? They seemed to be bothered that I suggested both had risks... and the risks are absolutely close to equal. Cozens hasn't shown he's a legitimate #2C yet and may not even be a long-term center. Kadri is older yes, but he's playing at a significantly higher level than Cozens and there is no reason to suggest that will change in the next couple years. So one either never lives up to the contract, the other just isn't worth it for the final year or 2

But congrats, you got to white knight someone because it's bad to call out stupidity now... and people wonder why society is getting collectively dumber all the time
Talk about stupid

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
If Rasmus told the Flames he wouldn't sign, trading 1.5 years of him for Cozens could make sense for Calgary. Cozens is a long term asset. Obviously if Calgary's pro scouts were high on Cozens they would probably be okay with the risk around his contract. It's risky for Buffalo as no guarantee RA would sign. He fills one hole while opening another. I do think he'd solidify their D core. Top pairing, right shot D.

Whichever poster mentioned Rasmus added why too much in the ask, but if they could work a deal around the 2 they should least consider it. If RA will sign in Calgary they should look elsewhere for a center. I also agree with the poster who said the time for a RA for Cozens trade would have been before doing the Mitts trade.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Well thats the funny part. Honestly unless its Coleman I cant imagine the Flames have much to trade. So then its just picks. We drafted and developed him for free to just get a lotto ticket or two....

This has been and will be a problem....we have kulich, rosen, helenius, wahlberg etc knocking on the door and no place to put them because we draft and draft and draft instead of making moves to bring in veteran players to help the bleeding now.
I've felt Buffalo needs some Coleman/Backlund type vets for a few years. I'd move Coleman, but it would need to be more than Rosen. Not sure exactly what, but something.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
I actually think Kadri could be a big piece to help elevate the Sabres. So far he's aging well and they need veterans who bring intensity. That team just snoozes.

Because of his age, Kadri's value isn't super high, despite his higher level of play. But at the same time Cozens' value isn't high either, having underperformed his deal. So I think it makes sense. I would guess the Flames would still need to add a good pick/prospect to help even out the long term aspect of the deal.
In a larger trade, forward and D for forward and D for example, I think Cozens and Kadri makes sense. However, I think Cozens would bring back a more valuable player (Andersson or Weegar) and Kadri would bring back a less valuable player (Byram or Jokiharju). This isn't to say that the deal would just be 2 players for 2 players. One team or the other could be adding a pick or prospect or both for the value to make sense, but from a roster perspective, I can't see Buffalo being interested in Kadri being the main roster piece coming back in a Cozens deal.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
In a larger trade, forward and D for forward and D for example, I think Cozens and Kadri makes sense. However, I think Cozens would bring back a more valuable player (Andersson or Weegar) and Kadri would bring back a less valuable player (Byram or Jokiharju). This isn't to say that the deal would just be 2 players for 2 players. One team or the other could be adding a pick or prospect or both for the value to make sense, but from a roster perspective, I can't see Buffalo being interested in Kadri being the main roster piece coming back in a Cozens deal.

I think in terms of generic value you are correct. I think in terms actual fit Kadri works better for the Sabres. There just needs to be value added to him by the Flames. That's just my (non-Sabres fan) view of what the Sabres should do.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall

Wait, I am the one that seemed bothered? You are the one who started with the personal attacks, saying I can't read and now calling me stupid in this post. Did you even want a discussion or do you want us all to agree with you lest you just levy insults at us?

Oh sorry, I guess the world is getting dumber unless you are able to insult people needlessly as a form of debate. Maybe if you need to insult the other person to try and make your point, your point just might not be very good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad