Proposal: Dvorak and Lehkonen to the Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Is there a fit? Seen a recent post by a Rangers fan where they need a center and a RW. Dvorak is a solid middle 2C who is good at intangibles and Lehkonen can play both sides. Has a lot of sample size playing RW.

Return? Not going to ask for a 1st.

* Dvorak
* Lehkonen
* Kostenko (Right shot D.. Grade B type) or J Olofsson (22 year old center close to NHL ready)
* Habs 2022 4th rounder (early part of the 4th)
for
* Kravtsov
* Lundkvist
* Future 2nd rounder (23 or 24 draft)

Reactions: Runner77

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Dvorak is a "solid middle 2c"?

Do you mean to say a solid 3c?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Dvorak is a "solid middle 2c"?

Do you mean to say a solid 3c?

Above average 3C and below average 2C... Solid middle 2C. He's got good all around game and is a good 200' center where you can put him with two wingers and have a shutdown line. Can take D zone face-offs and he's good in those areas. Drowning on the Habs this year where he was doing well in the two years prior.

Not going to force you to like him (if you don't) but those are my reports on him. But if you think you can get a better center in a trade or UFA this summer. I can respect that

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ever consider that every player drowning on the Habs this year is doing so because they just arent that good? We heard the same thing when he was drowning on the Yotes.

No, I don't see it that way. There are still good parts but the overall roster turnover and the idiot Ducharme has derailed things. He was not drowning with the Coyotes. There were a few teams in on him and the Habs had to dig deep to get him after not matching on KK. Overpaid to acquire probably but that don't mean he sucks either.

Like I said, I'm not going to force you to like him but what's your problem? Why can't people say we rather try to get a different type of center? Why turn it into all Habs players are not that good? You know where that leads right?

Last edited:

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
No, I don't see it that way. There are still good parts but the overall roster turnover and the idiot Ducharme has derailed things. He was not drowning with the Coyotes. There were a few teams in on him and the Habs had to dig deep to get him after not matching on KK. Overpaid to acquire probably but that don't mean he sucks either.

Like I said, I'm not going to force you to like him but what's your problem? Why can't people say we rather try to get a different type of center? Why turn it into all Habs players are not that good? You know where that leads right?
I dont have a problem. Just my opinion.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
"Not going to ask for a 1st"...asks for 2 players drafted in the 1st round.

Where players are drafted means nothing after the draft. Their draft +1, +2, +3 is where they either hold the value or decrease it.

I'm assuming you think the trade has horrible value? Or are you here to make fun and nit pick like so many others? Think about what you say next carefully... Confrontational or a genuine conversation? You're choice but it will reveal your motives of why you are here

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That's a lot of cap and term headed in NYR's direction.

They have some space this year but those terms are hard to absorb without cause major issues starting next season.

One thing that came to my mind was if they make that trade (lets say if)... let Strome walk and try to sign Hertl? Lehkonen probably don't get a big raise IMO. Would there be enough cap space?

Who can the Rangers send back as a cap dump to help? Habs are probably open to that. Nemeth?

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
You asked a question so not sure there was an opinion without assuming. Clarify? Do you think all the Habs players are not good? Cause that's what you asked me to consider?
Lehkonen - good defensive player that can step up in the playoffs. Worth a 2nd imo
Chiarot - absolute pylon, redundant with Nemeth on our roster
Dvorak - never developed the offensive skills he was drafted for, maybe worth 2 2nds

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Is there a fit? Seen a recent post by a Rangers fan where they need a center and a RW. Dvorak is a solid middle 2C who is good at intangibles and Lehkonen can play both sides. Has a lot of sample size playing RW.

* Dvorak
* Lehkonen
* Kostenko (Right shot D.. Grade B type) or J Olofsson (22 year old center close to NHL ready)
for
* Kravtsov
* Lundkvist

No, b'c this is another overreach win now move which regardless of immediate value -- I'd argue it is negative -- it is long term costing NY.

1. We do not trade bluest blue chips.
2. We consider youth for youth, vets for youth, vets for vets. We do not deal youth for vets.

I want Drury's ego to stuff it and capitulate and deal Strome who -- setting aside any other factors -- math says he can not possibly remain w/NYR. If they defy that fact, it would trigger eventual dealing of Kakko + LaF as forced sales at reduced returns.
We need to get down to a real core, and immediately give Strome mins to Chytil, Barron, then Krav. Let Pajuniemi get cup o coffee +, gives him experience, see if there is lightning in a bottle to add scoring.

Translation: Strome available at half, you can extend or flip. Suspect you don't want to go there, but THAT is what is available, not the asks you requested.

------------------------------------
The only other thing we need to do at some pt, not nec immediately, is move Nemeth.

Howev, I don't think we are a fit. Nemeth + for an expiring Chariot works for NY, but I am not seeing agreement on what I anticipate you want. You want a 1st for Chariot. IF IF IF IF you can get that somewhere, anywhere (else) you should take that, God bless you. But it won't be from NYR. There is no immediate urgency about removing Nemeth future cap hit. It can be done post season, for a lot less than a 1st.

So if you don't want to overpay for LaF, who is a good bet to have skating up to snuff next season = breakout; or give acceptable 1st for Kravtsov -- who I personally would prefer to keep after dealing Strome; I do not see any fits.

CONCLUSION: some of those are nice pieces, thanks for the offer, but I like our pieces better. That is the bottom line.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lehkonen - good defensive player that can step up in the playoffs. Worth a 2nd imo
Chiarot - absolute pylon, redundant with Nemeth on our roster
Dvorak - never developed the offensive skills he was drafted for, maybe worth 2 2nds

That's not the entire Habs roster? Anyways, my comments in reply to the players you talked about.

* Lehkonen.. I think we are close on his value.

* Chiarot: Very far from a pylon type.

* Dvorak: Habs may have overpaid to acquire yes but he is a solid middle 2C and I explained that in another post.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No, b'c this is another overreach win now move which regardless of immediate value -- I'd argue it is negative -- it is long term costing NY.

1. We do not trade bluest blue chips.
2. We consider youth for youth, vets for youth, vets for vets. We do not deal youth for vets.

I want Drury's ego to stuff it and capitulate and deal Strome who -- setting aside any other factors -- math says he can not possibly remain w/NYR. If they defy that fact, it would trigger eventual dealing of Kakko + LaF as forced sales at reduced returns.
We need to get down to a real core, and immediately give Strome mins to Chytil, Barron, then Krav. Let Pajuniemi get cup o coffee +, gives him experience, see if there is lightning in a bottle to add scoring.

Translation: Strome available at half, you can extend or flip. Suspect you don't want to go there, but THAT is what is available, not the asks you requested.

------------------------------------
The only other thing we need to do at some pt, not nec immediately, is move Nemeth.

Howev, I don't think we are a fit. Nemeth + for an expiring Chariot works for NY, but I am not seeing agreement on what I anticipate you want. You want a 1st for Chariot. IF IF IF IF you can get that somewhere, anywhere (else) you should take that, God bless you. But it won't be from NYR. There is no immediate urgency about removing Nemeth future cap hit. It can be done post season, for a lot less than a 1st.

So if you don't want to overpay for LaF, who is a good bet to have skating up to snuff next season = breakout; or give acceptable 1st for Kravtsov -- who I personally would prefer to keep after dealing Strome; I do not see any fits.

CONCLUSION: some of those are nice pieces, thanks for the offer, but I like our pieces better. That is the bottom line.

Thanks for the breakdown. Fair.

Another one bites the dust. Piece

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006

* Dvorak
* Lehkonen
for
* Kravtsov
* Lundkvist
Where's the upside for the Habs ? Is it the 23 year old "prospect" who took his puck and went home when things didn't go his way ? Is it the under sized prospect dman that we don't need because our own pool is overflowing with D prospects ? Or is it the distant 2nd. that maybe helps the Habs in 3 , 4 or 5 years , if ever ? Easy pass for the Habs in my opinion .

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
That's not the entire Habs roster? Anyways, my comments in reply to the players you talked about.

* Lehkonen.. I think we are close on his value.

* Chiarot: Very far from a pylon type.

* Dvorak: Habs may have overpaid to acquire yes but he is a solid middle 2C and I explained that in another post.
Majority of HF considers Chiarot a pylon but whatever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad